Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Neighbour caught sneaking into my house moments after I set off for work.!
  • woody2000

wwaswas

*checks to see if he’s opened the gifs thread by mistake*

bikebouy
    Free Member

FFS, if the G/F was up to anything with the guy next door why would she have told the OP???

Erm… distraction method?? 😆

However as the thread has deteriorated into Gif smashing fun, I’m with the American Drummer Boy…

Check your shoes. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

OP, go and talk to him. Make it perfectly clear that sort of nonsense is unacceptable and it you have any inkling of it happening again, the police will be involved.
    Also LOCK THE BLOODY DOORS! If im upstairs along with everyone else during the day, then the doors will be locked. I only takes a second for someone to grab your wallet / handbag / car keys.

flicker
    Free Member

That’s all very well, but I’m concerned for the safety of the moggy, wear’s the cat?

eskay

Call the fuzz man.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lock the frickin door already 🙂

wwaswas

wear’s the cat

Maybe it’s been stole?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

He wears the cat??? what on his head? that’s insane behaviour.

user-removed
    Free Member

Totally abnormal, can’t think of a single reasonable excuse. Police.

thegreatape
    Free Member

wear’s the cat?

Does, doesn’t it?

flicker
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

wear’s the cat

Maybe it’s been stole?

😀

Doffs cap.

Edit: but high fives the primate

ononeorange

Well I declare

ourmaninthenorth

Have a word. Lock the door more often. Equip your wife with some bombers*.

My inlaws don’t lock the back door, same as al their neighrbours. People announce their arrival by opening the door, walking in and calling “hello”.

Whereas I live opposite a pub, so lock my doors the whole time.

*IIRC the original bombers scenario arose through uninvited entry

dantsw13

How do you know its the first time he’s been in? Maybe it’s just the first time he’s been caught??

peterfile
    Free Member

I find that sort of behaviour very very suspect.

There are few reasons which would justify entering a person’s home while they are out, and I doubt that any of those would apply here.

If you call the police and say “hi there, our neighbour’s boyfriend was found wandering around our house earlier today”, I reckon they’d treat it appropriately (i.e. have a word with the guy at least!).

On the other hand, depending on your relationship with your neighbour, you might want to chat it over with them first? The police arriving on their doorstep unannounced could be looked on unfavourably by them!

somouk
    Free Member

Although I would be calling the police and having a stern word with the fellow involved there is little the police can do if he hasn’t forced entry to the house.

Certainly worth locking the doors from now on and maybe fitting CCTV to see what else they get up to?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not necessarily – depends whether he comes up with a plausible (and I don’t necessarily mean reasonable, just plausible) explanation for being there. You don’t have to force entry to commit burglary.

Cougar

You know, grassing him up to the girlfriend could well be far more effective than grassing him up to the police.

nano
    Free Member

Can’t believe people still leave their doors unlocked, but maybe that’s what 15 years of living in London does to you.

When I moved in with mrs nano she could never understand why I always used the chubb lock as well as the yale on the front door.

This guy was going to rob the OP far as I can see. I would be going round for a ‘word’ I reckon

40mpg

Don’t bother with the CCTV, your neighbours already got the place covered

http://www.neilswheelsvoyeurcamlive.com

😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I would be going round for a ‘word’ I reckon

Why have you wrote word like that?

ninfan
    Free Member

depends whether he comes up with a plausible (and I don’t necessarily mean reasonable, just plausible) explanation for being there. You don’t have to force entry to commit burglary.

This – and I don’t think that a bench of magistrates would for one second buy the “just making sure the house was ok as the back door was open” that he gave when she caught him!

PS – for the OP: it could be quite important for your girlfriend to remember exactly what she saw him doing in the kitchen, just standing there? looking in drawers or fridge? put the kettle on?

thegreatape
    Free Member

^^ +1. Amen. Word.

dazzlingboy

This place is really slipping.

Three – yes three – pages in and not a single mention of Bombers.

nano
    Free Member

euphemism Jamie HTH

jambalaya
    Free Member

Three – yes three – pages in and not a single mention of Bombers.

Yes there is

dazzlingboy

Yes there is

Thank God!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

So, if I’ve read this right there’s a cat with clogs on, brandishing bombers at next door neighbour’s mouse who’s having a danger(mouse)**** in the kitchen.

Is that right?

CaptJon
    Free Member

inform the constabulary, and lock the back door

Jamie
    Free Member

This place is really slipping.

Someone posts without reading the whole thread?

Nah, I reckon it’s bang on point. 8)

user-removed
    Free Member

depending on your relationship with your neighbour, you might want to chat it over with them first? The police arriving on their doorstep unannounced could be looked on unfavourably by them!

Frankly, wgaf what the neighbours feel about it. They haven’t just crossed a line here, they’ve invaded the guy’s hearth and home, possibly not for the first time, and for who knows what nefarious purposes.

All niceties out the window.

Edit: if for some strange reason I felt the need to sneak into the neighbour’s house and got caught, I’d expect to be on the sharp end of some violence. I’d probably move house with the shame of it too!

Jamie
    Free Member

and for who knows what nefarious purposes.

He’s probably rubbed his {NOPE!-MODS]

user-removed
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s the name of an Asterix character…

BikePawl
    Free Member

How long has the lady neighbour been in a relationship with the back door burgler?
    Is he new on the scene or long term?
    If new, a word with the lady might work. Otherwise get the police involved would be my course of action.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    Not locking the back door = PayPal gift?
    Do you really lock the door when you’re in the house?

Is it really that unreasonable/stupid to leave the door unlocked if someone is inside?

Ahem, read the OP ya tube. Back door unlocked for five years, I’m assuming some his girlfriend hasn’t been in the whole time.

peterfile
    Free Member

Frankly, wgaf what the neighbours feel about it. They haven’t just crossed a line here, they’ve invaded the guy’s hearth and home, possibly not for the first time, and for who knows what nefarious purposes.

I thought it was the neighbour’s boyfriend? Aye, i wouldn’t care what he thought!

If I had a good relationship with the neighbour (i.e. she was a friend), I’d probably have a quick chat with her along the lines of “your boyfriend let himself in my house today, I just wanted to let you know that i’m reporting him to the police”.

If I didn’t know them that well i’d just ring the police and not really give a shit about the drama when they turn up.

andyl
    Free Member

Can’t believe people still leave their doors unlocked, but maybe that’s what 15 years of living in London does to you.

Don’t know about other parts of the country but in Somerset and Devon it’s not uncommon. London is nice to visit, couldn’t live there.

As for the neighbours BF one reason you need to report it is he might have previous and be known to the police. Could be burglary, ID fraud or something else. You never know.

convert

“just making sure the house was ok as the back door was open” Considering the back door has been open for the last five years this does not wash with me.

Are you using the word open to mean exactly that, or ‘unlocked’ – they are not interchangeable? Have you left the backdoor unlocked for the last 5 years but he is claiming that this time is was open or has it spent the last 5 years flapping in the wind?

Without knowing the guy it’s impossible to tell if he was being (unreasonably) nosey or full on criminal. In your situation where you do know him, if my instinct was the former it would be a chat with the neighbour (his G/f) about his behaviour, if the later the police.

Either way it sound like you need to change your habits.

Davesport

I cant be arsed reading all the mamby pamby & frankly shite responses on here. I’d go round there & give the perp a hiding that he’s not going to get over in a hurry. I’d think up an excuse later.

D.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour caught sneaking into my house moments after I set off for work.!’ is closed to new replies.