Home Forums Chat Forum national trust parking app….if a member…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • national trust parking app….if a member…
  • DT78
    Free Member

carpark at the bottom of box hill is national trust but now says you need to pay via an app paybyphone. we are NT members but i could find no option for it in the app so ended up just paying.

cant seem to find how to do it now im back either, potentially im being dim?

we still have the old stickers in the car window too.

for those NT carparks that are app only how do you prove you are NT?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m not a NT member but I have the Paybyphone app so assume it’s separate.

burko73

Surely easier to email the nt than post on here!

lister

Just don’t pay. They can’t do anything.

DT78
    Free Member

sure i can email NT on a sunday and expect a rapid response, or i could ask a bunch of outdoorsy people who likely have used the same carpark and might be able to tell.me the really easy thing ive missed.

its boxhill stepping stones carpark to be precise.

other places have a machine where you scan your card for a ticket. this just had the app with no option to say you were NT

as parking goes it was reasonably steep at £9 for over 4 hours

timba
    Free Member

carpark at the bottom of box hill is national trust but now says you need to pay via an app paybyphone. we are NT members but i could find no option for it in the app so ended up just paying.

No machine anywhere?

cant seem to find how to do it now im back either, potentially im being dim?

Speak to a NT person on site, they can give out a temporary pass. There’s a snack kiosk, f’rinstance

we still have the old stickers in the car window too.

They ignore those, too many on auction sites 🙂

for those NT carparks that are app only how do you prove you are NT?

They issue a compliance notice; plead ignorance, they must get this loads with the elderly (me elderly rather than you youngsters)

MadBillMcMad

I think you just scan your card at the machine.

Some, like Tatton park you still have to pay because they are managed by others. Tatton is Cheshire Council

DT78
    Free Member

no kiosk at the carpark, no machine that i could see. just a big sign saying paybyapp.

i suppose i could have gone into to talk to the staff at the top of boxhill next to the cafe but we didnt head that way

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’d have put my card in the window/on my dash with the expiry date facing up if it were me rather than £9!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.