Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • My wife's started having contractions & I have an important meeting tomorrow…
  • snakebite
    Free Member

Mikey, I picked your XTR cassette up last night fella, and lugged it around the chase all night as you missed yet another Thursday ride working late….

unklehomered
    Free Member

I read the silence as baby made the decision for him.

ocrider

Ahem

thered – Member

Update- Contractions have backed right off now, might do meeting (with phone on) and then come back. Already bailed on Monday’s 3 day course tho.
    Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Post

andyl
    Free Member

just skype into the meeting from the maternity ward. You can give them a peek at what’s going on then 😀

scruff
    Free Member

There is no baby, he’s in a VERY IMPORTANT meeting.

snakebite
    Free Member

FFS, he only met her 3 months ago, its not even his sprog!

ocrider

There is no baby He cannot post, he’s in a VERY IMPORTANT meeting.

FTFY

McHamish
    Free Member

I can’t believe how selfish some people are nowadays. They concentrate only on their own problems and never prioritise the needs of other people over themselves.

Your wife should clench or something, and hold the baby in for another day. I regularly hold in big farts to avoid offending people, surely your wife can hold in a baby so that you can go to your meeting.

Can you get her some tight pants or something? That might help.

Perhaps the hospital can look after your wife and baby for a couple of months so that you don’t have to deal with the hassle and you can concentrate on work for a bit.

I say all this in jest, I’m sure the meeting is very important. 😀

jamj1974

thegeneralist – Member
    It’s kind of trivialising the woman’s role in the whole process to suggest that the presence of the man is so essential at the birth.
    The fact of the matter is that the bloke is fairly incidental at this point.

Only if you don’t acknowledge the feelings of the father… Oh and the biological fact that the fathers presence increases both his initial attachment to baby.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Might of been said already but cant be rsed looking back.
    Obvious answer, take wife to the meeting
    Sorted

logical
    Free Member

Can I add (from my work pc) that my mrs went into early stages of labour last night. I’m still in work. Thats dedication for you. 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

logical – Member
    Can I add (from my work pc) that my mrs went into early stages of labour last night. I’m still in work. Thats dedication for you.

in the early stages of labour with baby no 3 I went to work – do I win?

admittedly i did leave at 12 and he arrived before 4, but it was a lot less faff than having to go back into work after he was born

fasthaggis

FFS, he only met her 3 months ago, its not even his sprog!

Correct,it was obvious by his first post that he has no balls 🙂

edlong
    Free Member

You have a VERY important meeting scheduled…. with your new child.

LoCo
    Free Member

This has to be a troll…

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Your child is not even born and you already have to juggle between priorities and responsabilities with the stress that go with it.

Welcome to the world of a working mother.

Seriously, decide with your wife on what you should do but regardless of the importance of the meeting, your wife and your baby are way more important.

fasthaggis

This has to be a troll…

Loco ,that may be why he wants to go to the meeting 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

weirdly that’s what my baby no 3 looked like when he came out! we called him monkey boy for quite a while

djglover
    Free Member

I’d have happily missed the birth of my twins, like a horror show. Come to think of it, in an ideal world I’d have missed the first 2 years, all they do is crap themselves and keep you up all night. 4 year olds can at least go to the toilet and generally sleep through the night.

My advice is don’t go

unklehomered
    Free Member

I have to go to a meeting next week – I might just say I’m having contractions so can’t attend…

mudshark
    Free Member

It was a good thing I was there for the birth of my son as my wife needed an emergency CS which she really didn’t want to have. When baby was plucked out I held him for quite a while before she was ready to take him, I had to take my top off as skin to skin is important apparently…well I didn’t think it was the right time to argue but poor baby wasn’t impressed with my lack of boobies.

samuri
    Free Member

weirdly that’s what my baby no 3 looked like when he came out! we called him monkey boy for quite a while

my son is 18, we still call him a monkey.

it’s done wonders for his self-esteem.

bland

On the other side, you might still be two weeks off. This stage can drag like mad.

The 1st is nearly over its due date too.

Oh and when the mrs starts really screaming and pulling funny faces you will phone the midwife only be told to run her a hot bath! I went back to bed at this stage with the second, no point in us both being knackered.

Then once you get to hospital thats another drag, 16 hours with our first!

On the other hand it can be contractions, waters gone and baby out in 20 minutes

D0NK

Bit late I know but go to the meeting….maybe. I got a call at work on a wednesday to say mrs waters had broken I got all panicky grabbing my coat and stuff, mrs said chill nothing happening yet so stayed at work, and went in thursday. Didn’t go into established labour til early hours friday morning and nipper was born just after lunch. These things take ages.

Mind you…

My sister was in labour for quite a long time, everything seemed to settle down during the night so they sent bro in law home then called him back an hour later to get his arse back into hospital, he missed the arrival…oops.

Why should father be there? Well I wouldn’t mind missing the previous 12hours or so of contractions but being at the birth is pretty cool. Plus i think there’s an element of she’s been carrying your child for nine months and will be pushing it out of her foof so the least you can do is be there for emotional and physical support and be a verbal/physical punchbag for her during labour

logical
    Free Member

Same for me. Baby number 3 🙂

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Its not too late to leave the country.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

midlifecrashes

In the early stages of labour for no3, mrsmidlife went to work. Then off to the ward, popped the boy out and home two hours later. Back in work the next day to clear her desk ready for her three weeks off. She wins.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Also like my younger one. Who then grew out blonde. 5 years of trying to get through passport controls with a blonde child carrying a passport with black hair was entertaining.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMOvOQm1wpY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

logical – Member

Same for me. Baby number 3

becomes less of an issue the more you have, my no4 was nearly born in the hospital carpark as i’d try to get back to sleep and ignore my contractions – wasn’t quite expceting him to arrive in less than two hours

decided it was best to stop at 4 before this started happening…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Can I just say ….

Midwifery

Cracking word that…. midwifey.

That is all, please carry on 😀

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Our first was a major intervention, sucked out with the hoover in hospital.

Same here. We called ours conehead for quite a while after she was born.

My only use was to
    a) provide water (top tip – bendy straws highly recommended, by the way)
    b) put my face in the way of the gas and air mouthpiece whilst it was being flung around (that was painful…)

Though my missus must be nails. Waters broke then the conversation went
    Her -“Can’t go to hospital yet. AARGH. We have to wait until the contractions are at least 30 sec AAAARGH onds apart”
    Me – “Erm, that’s about 5 seconds apart, maybe we should go now.”

Suffice to say we didn’t have need for the fancy birthing pools or mood rooms etc. Though the look on the antenatal group having a tour of the maternity section was a treat as we ploughed through…

To the OP – I’d be tempted to sack in the meeting, get a cheeky ride in and then pop over with flowers later…

logical
    Free Member

Our first was a failed Ventouse which resulted in 3rd degree tear and the loss of a lot of blood. Then 4 lots of reconsructive surgery. Second was fine apart from a suspected PE. This one so far has been fine 🙂 Fingers crossed 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

With #1, waters broke and she had lots of small contractions which were 30s ish apart easily. So we went in, and she was 1cm. They said come back in 12 hours.

About 3 hours later (4am or so) she was literally screaming the place down full volume. I called in saying she was really in quite a lot of pain. The Midwife was in the middle of telling me we should wait until 1 or 2pm and she broke off saying ‘is that her screaming in the background?’ ‘yes’ ‘Ah well then you’d better come in..’

I wasn’t bloody joking about the pain and screaming…

#2 on the other hand – hospital car park? We could only manage to get down the stairs, she was born in the hallway.

logical
    Free Member

#2 on the other hand – hospital car park? We could only manage to get down the stairs, she was born in the hallway.

Was that at the Heath? If it was its bloody miles to go anyway so I’m not suprised.

molgrips
    Free Member

I meant the hallway in my house!

logical
    Free Member

Oh you must have a very long hallway then 😯

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I think the answer depends on whether you are Business Core or not.

molgrips
    Free Member

What do you mean long hallway?

Waters broke upstairs, contractions came on really quickly so strong that she could hardly move. So it took 90 mins to get down two flights of stairs, at which point – pop, out she came.

thered

Still nothing. 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘My wife's started having contractions & I have an important meeting tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.