Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 589 total)
  • My Sick! experance
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

They were always a couple of chancers trying to get started, just like a lot of other bike startups. I guess the hype made people think they were more than that, and their expectations were greater

Nothing they have done even existed, Nothing was even tested,
    Every single kickstarter has failed, They got the few products Marino and Downland made and pretended to be massive.

I’m sure they will deliver a shed load of Chinese frames now they have to get themselves out of the shit with someone who sees their massive marketing potential is better than their own.

cokie

Maybe On-One will buy them and run them as a silent investor.
    They share the same QC & CS ethos, but they actually deliver a product.

tomhoward

Every single kickstarter has failed,

Credit where credit is due, the Sleipnir hit its (ludicrously small) target on Indiegogo. Was due for delivery this month.

sharkattack

I see this thread turning into a classic 🙂

Not unless JordanChaos himself turns up to tell us we’re all sad old men who are bitterly jealous of his outlaw lifestyle. Of course, we’re all chained to a PC in an office while he spends every waking moment stalking his dreams like a wolf before devouring his ambitions and pooping out instagold like little nuggets of envy fuel for sad trolls to feed on. Oh, he makes me feel so inferior!

I like when he threatens to fight people.

Rubber_Buccaneer

someone who sees their massive marketing potential is better than their own.

You think BR has his hooks into them?  That would be sad, like when Wayne’s World sold out to the network (but less funny)

tomhoward

Only one way to find out.

Brant
    Brant
    Brant

(as a side note, there are still customers, who haven’t received frames yet, on Insta defending them. Saying that this isn’t the same as buying off a shop floor (it is), no one else is doing what sick are, design wise (they are), and small companies like this need to sell stuff before they are made (they don’t). hope they aren’t made to look a mug)

chakaping
    Free Member

Good work there sharkattack

😀

Houns

I’d be putting my money here instead

https://www.18bikes.co.uk/framebuilding/

anonymous666
    Free Member

Sick bicycles. Where to start, previously Jordan ‘ran’ a clothing company where he bought followers under the name Blaq Mass I believe it was called where he adopted the same approach of being bolshy online and generating a fake fan base and profile. Not sure what happened to that but it disappeared. Looking online the company was dissolved a few years back – another one for the CV.
    He then apparently moved onto mountain bikes and decided to start up this company, initially banging on how it was all handmade by themselves and downlands bikes (?) and took some nice photos holding welding gear to look authentic – aren’t they all now built in Peru or something, not quite the handbuild artisan product mentioned initially.

Once again carried on with the same online style, possibly bought followers or maybe swapped the blaq mass page to sick bikes, as that disappeared overnight? To come across genuine rolled out the right buzz words and names of products bikes/influences like Brooklyn machine works and how they’ve ridden for years. How many videos have you seen of them ride? Maybe 2 or 3? Strange that. With their ‘team’ they shouted about Steve Geall joining, anyone seen him with a sick bike at all? Didn’t take long for sick bikes to be removed from his bio and he no longer follows them. They also had a female rider Tess with them, she had a proto frame but isn’t riding it or for them now? No mention of sick on her bio and doesn’t follow them either. Strange. They do however have a couple of guys riding from what it seems prototype frames.

Via online profile and having loads of followers they lured in people to ‘ride’ for them and set up all these things on the side ‘chain breakers CC’ which I guess raises their profile and name again, they also started an IG digging page thing at their local which had loads of hype but I can’t recall seeing any photos of completed trails as they promised? As mentioned countless times they have more prototypes than actual products, and if you challenge this then it’s like upsetting a child. The T-shirts and bombarding people on social media seems to be where they got momentum and they have posted photos of them screen printing them themselves before so thats probably why there’s no ‘profit’ shown on HRMC pages etc as, well they just hide that for their own pocket money?
    It’s been said once again numerous times how they attempt to fund everything via crowdfunding I guess as it’s a safer bet for larger investments, and if they don’t hit targets then no loss, just more advertising and talk.

Whether it’s a scam or just poorly executed (I’d say the latter) who knows. They’ve talked a good game but don’t seem to be able to back what they shouted so loudly about.

tomhoward

Well, Its been 48 hours now, has everyone who is still waiting on a frame (or anything) had a mail explaining where it is? Or have you all cancelled now?

nonk
    Free Member

Turning into a bit of a stalker here Tom
    Think of the staff etc
    I’m sure everyone has their funds covered
    Surely everyone should have seen it coming
    All fantastic advice I was offered on another thread by er.. you

bigyim
    Free Member

Tomhoward I’d wack in a PayPal dispute and let them handle it

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Personally I don’t have anything against Sick except for their attitude on social media. I will try not to post here as it is all about what Jason and Sick do over the next few weeks. If refunds and bikes don’t appear then he is a master of bullsh*t and should not be trusted. If he does sort out his current customers before acquiring new ones then the post he put up was probably genuine.
    It is all down to him now, he has no-one else to blame.

tomhoward

All fantastic advice I was offered on another thread by er.. you

in relation to Ubyk?

Ubyk ltd are a different company to Peak Cycles, trading under the name ‘Ubyk’, whom I was defending (which is a terrible idea, as everyone associates the new guy with the sins of the old one, as you are here). If they start shafting people they are obligated to help, I’ll stick the knife in with everyone else.

As for the staff, I don’t think there are any here, just directors and people working freelance (happy to be corrected), and then framebuilders who may/may not have been screwed. I wish them well too (as I did with the staff of old Ubyk directors), and hope they aren’t taken for a ride. As many have said above, I don’t think this is a scam, just a terribly run business, but its a fine line.

Stalking? I get that, but because we have so many mutual connections, I can hardly get away from them and their fanbois whenever I look at Instagram, and here isn’t the only forum I frequent on which people are having issues.

Big Yim, I don’t have any skin in the game here, save from not wanting people to be screwed over. Admittedly, Tim telling me to **** off and be a miserable **** may have focused my attention, but whatever.

grizzlygnarcissist
    Free Member

So, This thread mainly came about as a rebellion to the Sick instagram hype.
    Funny how things even themselves out after a bit of fact-checking.
    Call it stalking, I see this at Sick slowly being brought back into line.
    If they settle the ef down, sort out their customers, not repeat 2018, then sweet as.

butterbean
    Free Member

To come across genuine rolled out the right buzz words and names of products bikes/influences like Brooklyn machine works and how they’ve ridden for years. How many videos have you seen of them ride? Maybe 2 or 3? Strange that. With their ‘team’ they shouted about Steve Geall joining, anyone seen him with a sick bike at all? Didn’t take long for sick bikes to be removed from his bio and he no longer follows them. They also had a female rider Tess with them, she had a proto frame but isn’t riding it or for them now? No mention of sick on her bio and doesn’t follow them either. Strange.

A quick look on R&R shows they do have some great racing pedigree though, the bikes tested to the highest levels. The one race they did, propping up the bottom of the field with last & second to last place, by some margin.

There is some delicious irony to their ranting at anyone and everyone who dared even mutter a vanilla comment towards them, or their products (real or CGI) let alone something negative. Absolute bizarre levels of narcissism & some quite frankly, odd behaviour.

Probably the weirdest thing though is the amount of airtime/publicity they were given in the media, for behaving like a couple of pre pubescent teenagers. A great example of how easy it is to gain traction, by being a total charlatan.

They are the true definition of all fart, and no poo.

That Instagram guy, is absolute gold.

transition1
    Free Member

Couple Sick frames on eBay again. Both new. Would hate to think how they would deal with customers if you had warranty issues!

grizzlygnarcissist
    Free Member

Well, their website has you covered. Have faith, send all your money now!
    I plan on holding them to this for decades.
    We’re in a beautiful permanent forever relationship now.
    Me, Jordan and his lifetime warranty on my trytanium farce-issist.

————————-
    IT’S ABOUT TRUST

We designed our bikes to be fast and strong. Our riders demand performance and trust us to build frames that last not years, but decades. The more faith you have in your frame, the further you can push yourself. The right tool for the right job.
    ———————–

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The last sentence above sums them up.
    Right load of tools doing the job….

Rubber_Buccaneer

IT'S ABOUT TRUST

zerocool

I liked the idea of supporting a small up and coming UK bike company and one of their frames (can’t remember which)but after reading all the shocking comments about Sick! I shall now be putting my hard-earned cash towards a Curtis. At least then I’ll get an actual bike AND be supporting a small UK bike company.

Tom KP

sharkattack

I liked the idea of supporting a small up and coming UK bike company

Most people do. This forum is full of people with obscure, hand crafted bikes. I’ve had bikes from Spooky, Curtis, S&M etc.. because I like to buy into the idea that I’m supporting a cool company for whatever reason.

Sick were welcomed into the scene with open arms. They had an alarming amount of publicity for a company that had never produced anything.

I had absolutely nothing against them until they started embarrassing themselves online. Acting like the very internet hard men they like to criticise. What’s the difference between a ‘keyboard warrior’ and a tosser with a beard threatenting to fight people in a vlog? Then the outbursts on here where he told everyone not to buy their bikes were an absolute classic of the ‘toys out of the pram’ genre.

They’ve all acted like a bunch of juvenile, weapons grade, bellends. But now they’re sitting on piles of other people’s money and not delivering products which is a lot more serious.

All we’ve had in response is a self pitying press release where they further refuse to accept the seriousness of their cock ups.

So yeah, go buy a Curtis. Pumping out bikes since 1972, no crowd funding required. And Sick will never, ever produce anything as classy as an AM7.

mashr

Did the customers receive their email then?

tomhoward

Ermagerd! Stalker! 😉

matt_outandabout

Did the customers receive their email then?

I’m starting to think there are about 5.5 customers globally.
    It would explain lack of folk sharing the process now, the very low company turnover and the lack of race results/customers pics riding bikes/etc.

tomhoward

I’m starting to think there are about 5.5 customers globally.

7 Sleipnir and 4 gnarpoon frames off indiegogo at least (£27k worth), plus half a dozen or so on here and pinkbike at least that are waiting for stuff. Plus anyone that doesn’t see an issue yet…

mickmcd
    Free Member

Then the outbursts on here where he told everyone not to buy their bikes were an absolute classic of the ‘toys out of the pram’ genre

really?? because to be fair i think he was just being honest with that statement, don’t like our stuff don’t buy it….

the problem is some people get really butthurt when you say it , almost as if damn you if you dont want my money then ill huff and ill puff, really mate no i dont want your money. got the tshirt (awaits pun) on this one know exactly where he was coming from

mikewsmith
    Free Member

really?? because to be fair i think he was just being honest with that statement, don’t like our stuff don’t buy it….

It would help if the people allowed to buy it had got something….

mickmcd
    Free Member

It would help if the people allowed to buy it had got something….

with the help theyre (sick) getting they might

grizzlygnarcissist
    Free Member

Mr. double mcD,
    Cool so if you know delivery times, when’s my mate across town getting his frame he ordered on a 45day wait from Aug29?
    Tomorrow?
    Next month?
    April?
    3019 maybe!
    Welcome to the joke.

duckman

As night follows day, so the above poster follows anybody not drinking his anti-sick! Kool-aid. Fancy taking time out from your ranty instagram schedule to say where Mick said anything about their actual business practises?

plus-one

I think grizzly g is only getting warmed up !!

mashr

You might want to re-read that thread. It was more “we’ll we wouldn’t let you have one of our bikes anyway” sort of statement before he took his ball and went home

mickmcd
    Free Member

You might want to re-read that thread. It was more “we’ll we wouldn’t let you have one of our bikes anyway”

If that was your takeway then fair enough but it wasn’t mine. But don’t take my comment out of context to suit your cause that was my experience of shouty knobends in shops and there are plenty of managers who might not say it but definitely think it.

akira

Just checking if all the people who are waiting for a frame now have a delivery date as promised?

jam-bo

don’t like our stuff don’t buy it….

At least that’s a promise they can deliver..

#haters

crankrider
    Free Member

@mickmcd

In fairness your opinion is going to be biased as you are meant to me making one of the crowd fund bikes for them are you not? – you have a financial interest.

Wasn’t that frame meant to be ready for delivery soon (or already?) too, how are they coming along?

Edit – they were meant to be finished in January, so is that Sick or your fault Mike?

Anyway, if the email was sincere, the refunds or delivery dates sent / accepted by actual customers then all will be well with the world, their attitude is only a problem if you buy from them, which after this debacle would be tough to convince many to do so.

chakaping
    Free Member

The plot sickens further.

sharkattack

In fairness your opinion is going to be biased as you are meant to me making one of the crowd fund bikes for them are you not?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Has anyone asked for a weld or braze photo from the new batch? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 589 total)

The topic ‘My Sick! experance’ is closed to new replies.