• This topic has 134 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by wors.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • My missus is pissed off
  • willard

I’m baned from using “darling” around my wife. She knows that when I use it I am being overly nice in an attempt to make her feel happy, so she gets angrier at me for trying to make her feel better.

Thinking about it, she had a go at me last night for not locking the back door of the house that I lived in when we first met. Before we started living together. Over six years ago.

Get used to it.

alex222
    Free Member

you are Tom Cruise and I claim my £5

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Never marry a woman.

Or in more sensible advice: Yep, it’s normal. Just get on with enjoying yourself (i.e. go for a ride, crack a beer open, crack one out) as you might as well, because you’ll get moaned at either way.

It’ll come out in the wash soon enough.

binners

Ask her how she is. If she says ‘I’m fine’, then run! Seriously… RUN!!! As fast as your legs will carry you.

Is there another word in the English language that can strike fear into the (male) human heart to such a degree? When you hear that word, its the end. You’re going to be smothered in your sleep

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I hate my missus supervisor and I’ve never even met her. I keep threatening to take a s**t in her desk drawer. That usually raises half a smile. I waste about an hour every day listening to non-dramas about people I’ve never met.

I can sooo relate to that!

flip
    Free Member

I waste about an hour every day listening to non-dramas about people I’ve never met.

The reason why my previous 2 long term relationships failed, i got so bloody bored of listening to drivel.

New wife is ace, thinks like a bloke..

thered

Mine turned a heated conversation into a full on row yesterday and when I suggested she should follow her own advice and leave me alone, carried on baiting me until i went mental and started shouting at her at the top of my voice.

Then we had to have a talk so I could apologise and inform her of the error of her ways.

All of this is just one of those things. What’s really annoying is that I missed my evening ride cos of the damned chat!!!!! Grrrrr

Cougar

As a wise mainframe once said, the only winning move is not to play.

If she’s walking round with a face like a slapped arse, you ask her what’s wrong and she goes “fine,” react as though everything’s fine and get on with your day. Your relentless cheeriness will then either a) cheer her up too or b) piss her off so hard that she’ll tell(*) you what’s wrong anyway.

Life’s too short to be playing bloody mind games, the “well, if you don’t know what I’m thinking then I’m not telling you” game has no place in a grown adult’s brain. Share your problem with me, or don’t, but don’t be sitting there sulking at me like a child who can’t have any sweets just because I’ve not yet evolved telepathy.

The tricky bit is remembering that and sticking with it. It’s far easier to succumb to “aw honey, don’t be upset, I’m sure we can work something out, would you like a cup of tea?” (which is, after all, the purpose of the exercise), rather than “cool, if nothing’s wrong then I’m going to play Call of Duty for a bit.”

(* – scream)

MrOvershoot

binners – Member
    Ask her how she is. If she says ‘I’m fine’, then run! Seriously… RUN!!! As fast as your legs will carry you.

Is there another word in the English language that can strike fear into the (male) human heart to such a degree? When you hear that word, its the end. You’re going to be smothered in your sleep

I think the phrase “I’ve been thinking” scares me more, but I know what you mean.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im in trouble. Mrs yinn is pissed off at me because she couldn’t go to the doctors this morning, because I din’t take little yinn to school this morning, she couldn’ phone the doctors to make her appt. She mentioned it briefly last night, said nothing about it this morning, despite talking in the kitchen whilst I was doing last nights washing up (which I “should have done last night”). Apparently I should have remembered this. So rather than say something to remind me, she intentionally chose not to, didnt get an appt and its all my fault. 🙄

D0NK

Its something you did. In a dream she had.

I had that, she didn’t have a full on huff but I did get some criticism that morning. Glad to see I’m not the only one to have suffered this and it looks like I got off lightly 🙂

Like cougar says don’t play mind games, shrug stuff off, point out the situation is silly if it is, apologise if you’re in the wrong and maybe even if you’re not (if it’s something trivial). Point scoring in relationships is not a good move, sometimes your OH will be tired/stressed/in a funny mood and logic need not apply, sometimes it’ll be you. Don’t exacerbate the situation needlessly just to prove you’re right/they’re wrong

wwaswas

your OH will be tired/stressed/in a funny mood female and logic need not apply

😉

Legal Notice: not you dear, of course.

hels
    Free Member

Have you neglected your husbandly duties, and failed to take the bins out on the right day ?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Share your problem with me, or don’t, but don’t be sitting there sulking at me like a child who can’t have any sweets just because I’ve not yet evolved telepathy.

😆
    x100

hora
    Free Member

I’m guessing you don’t hide the passwords to anything and shes had a snoop and become either paranoid or thinks you are upto something but can’t prove it.

Either that or she resents you over her life so far.

ourmaninthenorth

I don’t understand why my GF (and women in general). Can’t just leave work issues at work. I hate my missus supervisor and I’ve never even met her. I keep threatening to take a s**t in her desk drawer. That usually raises half a smile. I waste about an hour every day listening to non-dramas about people I’ve never met. Like a crap version of the Archers.

There are so many things I could say about this.

But then I’d be just like Mrs North. “And when he said that to me, I turned to him and I said….”

ourmaninthenorth

Is there another word in the English language that can strike fear into the (male) human heart to such a degree?

Whereas a man, knowing that he is about to live his wife’s working day in real time (and possibly with different voices for each of the parts), will always say, when asked how his days was, “fine”.

hels
    Free Member

Well indeed. BF I had once would ask how my day was at work. So I would tell him. He would then proceed to dissect everything I told him, how I had handled it extremely badly and what a right-thinking person such as him would have done. Then moaned when he asked how my day was and I replied “fine”.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Mines happy at the moment. She got a new iron last night. Well i ‘think’ she’s happy, she was speechless. She wont be that happy when she see’s the CR delivery, mind you…………or the On One rear mech………Luckily CR take a couple of moon phases to appear, so will spread the delivery and costs………

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I tell my GF she wouldn’t care about or understand what I do at work. That makes 2 of us.

slowjo
    Free Member

If you don’t know, I’m not going to tell you. Huff etc.

Never a truer word spoken……

joolsburger
    Free Member

Well you’ve two balls I expect, neither of which are crystal so you’re on a loser here. If it’s not a period drama then I’d be at a loss too. Best bet is to completely ignore it and when she decides to grow up she might tell you.

In the meantime just do your own thing.

cookeaa

Its something you did. In a dream she had.

This happens to me once or twice a month and she’s in a mood for a good 48 hours each time, I wouldn’t mind if I’d had the coresponding infidelity based dream, but mine are normally of me running from My missus who’sbrandishing a kitchen knife…

Not only this but when I pointed out the other day that the amount of ‘Display crockery’ on our plate rack has now increased to the point where I am only “allowed” to use about 25% of the items on it and I’d appreciate a bit of rationalisation she started crying and accused me of Hating her mother for some reason….

I have to make the case for me getting a rather competitively priced Tablet at the minute while she’s burning our savings on Yet more Cath Kidson stuff and Visiting an expensive Spa next weekend…

OP I feel your pain….

bigyinn
    Free Member

I do. Orf out on the bike in 2 hours with a mate who tells it like it is. Im shit on my bike, my bike’s shit and all is well with the world.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Not only this but when I pointed out the other day that the amount of ‘Display crockery’ on our plate rack has now increased to the point where I am only “allowed” to use about 25% of the items on it and I’d appreciate a bit of rationalisation she started crying and accused me of Hating her mother for some reason….

Thr best cure for this is to make her throw it all at you.

Cougar

I never understood “saving it for best.” You’ve bought something really nice and expensive, yet persist in using cheap crap day to day.

I know someone with a TAG watch, spends most of its life in a drawer; I think I’ve seen him wear it twice in his life. If I’d spent that sort of money on a watch I’d have it surgically grafted to my arm.

zippykona

“well, if you don’t know im not going to tell you.”
    Aaaaagh.

frogstomp

ourmaninthenorth

I never understood “saving it for best.” You’ve bought something really nice and expensive, yet persist in using cheap crap day to day.

The grandparents-in-law were like this. He was a skilled blue collar worker, and she was a housewife. You’d never believe the amount of cash they saved over a lifetime…..

But to what end? It just went to my MIL (who is of the same mindset). And, of course, will end up in the hands of Mrs North and her brother.

Both of whom are spendthrifts like me.

Oh dear.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Best thread ever. This is why I own a dog.

“What’s up darling ?”

“Nothing” (yeah, right. I now know that there is no right thing to say, do or be. Only one thing I can do, disappear)

*sigh* ” Right, come on then lad, I’ll be back in a hour…or so.

Exit stage left with grateful dog.

ncfenwick
    Free Member

She probably told you to do something but you weren’t listening

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBuoy sometimes goes off on one. Most of the time it’s due to a lack of under sheet action. She’s gorgeous, but sometimes I just want to sleep.
    Now’t wrong with that..
    Then sometimes she goes all random artist on me. Must be the drugs.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

This is why I own a dog.

I better get a dog, although she doesn’t seem to mind if I pop out on the road bike for an hour 😕

I_Ache
    Free Member

Did the OP ever find out what was wrong?

nicko74

Mine turned a heated conversation into a full on row yesterday and when I suggested she should follow her own advice and leave me alone, carried on baiting me until i went mental and started shouting at her at the top of my voice.

Saw this and felt thankful it’s not just me. It’s because women can’t just let it go – they have to carry on, like pulling at a loose thread, pulling and pulling til it all unravels and your shirt is just a pile of threads on the ground.

Cougar

Did the OP ever find out what was wrong?

He’s not been back to the thread in four days. I think we need to send someone round to look for him. I’d suggest starting under the patio.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

He’s not been back to the thread in four days.

Attention seeking no wonder his missus gets the hump me me me! 😀

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

My Mrs was pissed at me for almost a week because I’ve lost 15lbs this summer… She only finally told me what was up once she had already gotten over it. Ironically her mom is a clinical psychologist, but I think I’d truly end up in the shit books if I went up to her and said “your daughter can be mental sometimes” 😯

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Preface: Not smug, just curious. For long term together folk…

If man “A” is 25 and has been with girl “B” for 2 + years with every intent of 2 + years being “forever”… What is the best solution for ensuring “together” = “forever”?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Talk, compromise, talk some more.

Do not neglect each other. Make sure yo enjoy your life together. Make time for the little things that matter

32 years together here

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘My missus is pissed off’ is closed to new replies.