• This topic has 134 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by wors.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • My missus is pissed off
  • ourmaninthenorth

32 years together here

Good going that man. And not a wedding in sight. I like your style.

(16 years, one child. No marriage)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cheers TJ, i’ve found pride can “git tae'” and admitting fault-whether it actually was one’s fault is irrelevant- comes in handy.

Just read alot of unhappiness in togetherness on here and need a bit of assurance some folk still got it good.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Better than ever actually – growing old disgracefully together. I know a few long term couples – communication and compromise from both of you is the key IMO / IME

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Communication is fine, she won’t shut up.

That’s not true.

How about the whole “best friend” adage, is there an advantage to ensuring time apart is as important as time together to avoid “cabin fever” or “familiarity breeds contempt?”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We don’t do everything togehter but don’t spend a lot of time apart. Time to yourself is important to both of us

alpin
    Free Member

Not only this but when I pointed out the other day that the amount of ‘Display crockery’ on our plate rack has now increased to the point where I am only “allowed” to use about 25% of the items on it and I’d appreciate a bit of rationalisation she started crying and accused me of Hating her mother for some reason….

i lol’d

martinxyz
    Free Member

I agree with the above. Is she sleeping with her Eyes wide shut? Blame Kubrick!

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s because women can’t just let it go – they have to carry on, like pulling at a loose thread, pulling and pulling til it all unravels and your shirt is just a pile of threads on the ground.

TJ’s a woman?

nbt

We don’t do everything togehter but don’t spend a lot of time apart.

this works for us (13 yrs so far, 10 married). Outside of going to work, I play volleyball and occasionally go climbing. We MTB together.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

‘ITS A TRAP!’ (in my best Ackbar accent), she is using an old female mind trick on you, you have done nothing, hold your nerve, her aim is for you to crack and confess to something you think she knows.

wwaswas

The worrying thing is that it appears to be genetic.

My daughter seemed to have all of the, errm, qualities that her mother exhibits in this area from the moment she could give me a hard stare.

She’s 10 now and, frankly, any boy who wants to go out with her later in life will have my sympathy and probably experience the almost permanent state of bemused incomprehension at what’s going on in her head that I do.

My son, when smaller, used to work on the principle that if he was pee’d off he’d try and punch you and then it was all forgotten about. He’s 15 now and seems to have resorted to the ‘perma-sulk’ approach to dealing with his parents.

sobriety
    Free Member

My daughter seemed to have all of the, errm, qualities that her mother exhibits in this area from the moment she could give me a hard stare.

My Dad told me a few months ago that he actually feels sorry for my sister’s fiancé.

willard

Currently on day five of a big argument. Up until last night, she’d only spoke five words to me and those were not nice. Luckily I was sleeping in the spare room, so she had lots of space that we could use to avoid each other.

Last night though, more words spoken. Unfortunately not the sort that brings this to an end and makes us happy again. Looks like I will have plenty of time for phys and dog walking in the immediate future…

karnali
    Free Member

Preface: Not smug, just curious. For long term together folk…

If man “A” is 25 and has been with girl “B” for 2 + years with every intent of 2 + years being “forever”… What is the best solution for ensuring “together” = “forever”?

sorry don;t know how to quote. Listening and talking and doing the little things without asking (when you have worked out what these are) goes a long way. Presents and treats work as well but i’ve discovered that hoovering without being asked, toching up the skiring boards etc are often more appreciated. Doing things together is good as well as a little time apart. A dog is also very useful. MIne gets used to mull things over when on walks and to distinguish between me being utterly p’ off with myself or something totally unrelated to Mrs K and therefore not taking it out on her. Biting your tongue and counting to 10 is sometimes quite useful as well. Oh and remember why you love her now and all the little things she does that make you love her as they can be easy to forget.

wors

I can’t remember the last time me and the mrs argued, i can leave stuff lying about, nothing. I buy things without her questioning or moaning at me. Somethings not right…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘My missus is pissed off’ is closed to new replies.