Viewing 40 posts - 5,961 through 6,000 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • Klunk
    Free Member

t20 time…. want it done tonight!

Klunk
    Free Member

blimey almost an opening stand of 100, i need to lie down 😉

cheers_drive

Why come off for light? Surely nobody wants to come back tomorrow. Must be particularly annoying for today’s crowd.

Sandwich

Will England snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

theotherjonv

Why come off for light? Surely nobody wants to come back tomorrow. Must be particularly annoying for today’s crowd.

Daft as it seems, them’s the laws. There’s a balance between consistency and common sense, everyone wants both and that’s not achievable. Although in this case it seems neither side wanted to come off and back today. Although not to the extent SA were saying ‘it’s inevitable, we’ll put on a couple of buffet bowlers and be done in 10 mins’

What happens in the future if a side is 8 down trying to save the game, the forecast is bad for tomorrow, and the bad light threshold gets reached. Play on because it’ll be annoying to have to come back (if they can come back?)

TiRed

Tickets for the Oval are free today if you fancy 30 minutes (hopefully) of play. They were £20 to charity (can still donate if you’ve paid already). Annoying as I couldn’t go yesterday and today isn’t worth the time off/travel – so TMS it will be. And yes frustrating, but those are the rules and they might save a draw in other circumstances. Play will start on time based on a cursory look out of my office window.

Houns

Just catching up on this mornings game (flaky mobile signal at work so only heard Eng innings) I see the Aussies are cheating still

roverpig

At least they are not trying to hide it from the cameras anymore 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member
    lister

Wow. I listened live and no one mentioned how clear cut it was! Obviously it was a Aussie broadcast but still…😱

pk13

Mich marsh plays some of the ugliest shots I’ve ever seen Rashid took him apart.
    Even the Aussie commentary knew that was cheating, good rugby 7s hand off.

lunge

On the positive side, how good does Hales look? Lovely to see him batting with Stokes too…

bombjack
    Free Member

Always love watching England playing away from home, but dear god the Aussie commentators are unbearable. Combine them with Warner playing his irritating best and I had to mute it at one point. Love the balance of the team though, great to see Buttler back. That 1st over was glorious.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oops.

theotherjonv

thoroughly amateur by England. Running 10-15 runs behind on D/L right from 5 overs when the game becomes valid, with rain on the radar and made no effort to get up with rate until drinks at 10 overs when the message must have been sent out, as they then were dropped twice and caught once in the 11th over, presumably trying to catch up.

I can see the tactic to stay thereabouts, keep wickets in hand and then score big in the last 5 overs is genuinely a valid one; not when the game could end at any point. Rubbish.

Well played Ireland as well. 160 is the sort of total that keeps you in it and their bowlers were being compared to jimmy Anderson with the hoop they wee getting…. high praise indeed.

lunge

Agree, poor tactics and game awareness, though Ireland did look very hard to get away and bowled well.
    The group is now wide open, makes for an interesting few games.

Klunk
    Free Member

that was tense !

pk13

Tighter than I imagined tbh

Houns

NZ win toss and bat. Hoping for a Pakistan win as I’d prefer England to face them if they reach the final

lunge

I think everyone bar English fans is looking for a Pak v Ind final so I too an keen on a Pakistan win.

Houns

England win toss and bowl.

Good win by Pakistan yesterday, NZ didn’t get going at all

dantsw13

Wood a big miss for England.

Houns

But not a bad replacement for him :0)

lunge

Not looking to bad for England here.

dantsw13

Jordan always feels he has a dreadful over in him……

theotherjonv

SSSSHHHH!!!

Good to get Yadav but Kohli scores runs here and against us out of spite, while he’s there and set anything can happen.

And getting the spinners away will be key and not easy.  It’ll depend if our power men can slog sweep them to the short square boundaries (66m I think the commentator said – some of our guys hit 90+ easily, so you can put the fielders where you like if the balls going 20m over their heads)

Houns

Oh Dan!

Houns

Oh yes!

dander

Going well so far…..

dantsw13

For me, Jordan is the seamer’s equivalent of Monty Panesar. As a pure bowler, excellent, but batsmen seem to know what is coming.

martinhutch

Phew, was worried when the rate dipped briefly below 10 an over, but they are back on track now.

India seem somewhat miffed.

spacemonkey

Very entertaining, especially with Hales banging a 6 off just about every over.

johndoh
    Free Member

We’re making this look way too simple.

Klunk
    Free Member

this is brutal!

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a shame these 2 can’t duplicate this in tests :/ they can clobber it all over the ground but don’t have a forward defensive! 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

Drubbing

Houns

What a thumping.

Now it depends on which Pakistan team turns up on Sunday

ads678

Trouncing! Now watch us get bowled for 50 in the final….

Supposed to be raining in Melborne on Sunday.

dantsw13

Yes , Melbourne looking very rainy for the final. I assume they have a reserve day? Monday looking better.

simondbarnes

Channel 4 to show the final. Hope it’s not washed out!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63591572

Viewing 40 posts - 5,961 through 6,000 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.