Viewing 40 posts - 5,921 through 5,960 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • Houns

Here we go, England batting first. Let’s hope for a better show today

dantsw13

Watching the Ladies ODI v SA. Why on earth did SA win the toss & field in that heat??

England have a pretty impressive bunch of 12th ladies carrying the drinks – Brunt, Sciver and Ecclestone!

lunge

Who upset the SA skipper? England are a class above here.

Klunk
    Free Member

SA top order blown away 5 0 0 0…. impressive

Klunk
    Free Member

67-7 this turning into a rout

Beaten all ends up!

pk13

I enjoyed that tbh some great cricket from both sides added to some grumpy SA tactical nonsense with the rain showers.

Klunk
    Free Member

Johnnies @ it again….

out the ground 🙂

and live on bbc sport web

6 6 wd wd 1 6 6 6

nickjb
    Free Member

We’re a couple of streets away from the ground. Just waiting for a ball to land in the garden.

Klunk
    Free Member

Ali 52 off 16 !

Klunk
    Free Member

ball is disappearing to all parts!

theotherjonv

Away from home w/o sky so following on BBC website. They just said Jordan is bowling 100mph Yorkers, that’s not right is it?!?

martinhutch

90 mph, yes.

kayla1
    Free Member

PSA- there’s Commonwealth cricket on the iPlayer if anyone’s interested. India vs Australia is on now.

Klunk
    Free Member

why isn’t Moeen in the test side ? he gives it a hell of a rip.

or even Rashid 😕

Klunk
    Free Member

delayed gratification ! 😀

Houns

SA win toss and will bowl first

convert

I have a feeling England will get found out batting first and not chasing as they have for the last 4 ‘Bazball’ matches.

Nice to have proper cricket back. I’m gonna say it – can’t fathom the point/need for the hundred. 3 formats was already plenty. What’s to be gained by extracting 40 balls from the match?

lunge

This is going well..

Klunk
    Free Member

Ollie Ollie Ollie bat bat bat!

super_12
    Free Member

I’ve got a suspicion that Bazball is going to get found out against this attack. Waltzing down the track to Boult (84mph) and Southee (80mph on a good day) is a bit different to Nortje…

Stokes is SUCH a good player he shouldn’t be pre-empting the bowler. Stand still and play the ball on its merits for heaven’s sake. He’s got so many shots and is so strong that he doesn’t need to pre-meditate.

nicko74

England back to the bad old ways. Still better to watch than under the previous management though!

Houns

Let’s hope Jimmy And Broad hoop it around

Klunk
    Free Member

Let’s hope Jimmy And Broad hoop it around

they getting some swing but’s it’s 10mph down on what the SA bowlers produced so much easier to play.

Klunk
    Free Member

being flayed around the ground now ! 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

Stokes is on one with the ball 🙂

in the ol’ toast rack!

Klunk
    Free Member

looking grim!

super_12
    Free Member

Bazball meets a serious bowling attack for the first time. I’m not counting India as they didn’t really seem up for it in a one-off game.

Logic dictates that you need all the time you can get to play 87mph+ bowling – waltzing down the track with your head wobbling all over the place cannot be effective a large enough % of the time over the longer format of the game.

Stokes is such a good player too – everyone remembers that knock at Headingley (I was lucky enough to be there on the Sunday), but he only went for it when all other options were removed. He blocked the hell out of it the day before when England needed to blunt the Aussie attack. It was the only time England had taken them deep that summer and they were there for the taking once England had earned the right.

super_12
    Free Member

And now Lees is out too.

super_12
    Free Member

And Foakes…

super_12
    Free Member

I hope Broad and the rest of the tail have got their heads on here, because it could be hospital food for a while if they haven’t.

I’m not sure Nortje will be in much of a mood for bowling half volleys.

Klunk
    Free Member

going down swinging

super_12
    Free Member

going down swinging

But going down one way or the other.

Potts now bowled all over the place.

super_12
    Free Member

England are going to lose, most likely by an innings, to a side that only got 326 – inside three days. And they are choosing to do so.

That’s not sustainable long term. SA are not scared of Bazball. Nor will the Aussies be, or Pakistan most likely.

super_12
    Free Member

And it is over – just like that.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a bit of a rout (so far) 32-5 😀

Houns

Can we make them follow on without us batting? 🙂

fazzini

Can we make them follow on without us batting? 🙂

Effectively yes if we forfeit our first innings, although they wouldn’t be following on as we’d have to have batted for that 😂

Klunk
    Free Member

the ball is talking today

Klunk
    Free Member

so 130 to win

Klunk
    Free Member

come on aggers hang on in there!

Viewing 40 posts - 5,921 through 5,960 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.