Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 224 total)
  • My 2 1/2 year old keeps saying he sees a lady in his room…….
  • josh1982
    Free Member

……about 10 days ago my 2 year old awoke at about 11pm screaming "mamma mamma!" I ran up and asked what was up……..he replied theres a lady and man next to my wardrobe…i turned the light on and nobody there obviously. he wouldnt settle. Now he has told his grandparents that there is a lady who is with him in his room at night. The mrs is really freaked by this and i dont like it much. Has anyone else had experience of this with their little ones?

is it time to call in the vicar or has he got an over imaginative mind…surely its just dreams and imagination? My son doesnt see dead people…..does he?

knottie8
    Free Member

I used to see my granfather(who had died) in my room when I was a kid. Spooky.

Trekster

Does the wardrobe have mirrored doors?

My grandson was doing this until daughter twigged what was wrong, fitted wadrobes have mirrored doors. Moved him into other room and he is OK now.
    He was seeing monsters………….

thomthumb
    Free Member

the grandaughter of the folks that live next door used to see a lady at the window of the house a lot – they were freaked out by this and had an exorcism. kid never saw the lady in thr house again.

they are not religious but had no other ideas – local vicar was happy to sort it.

ton

try him in another room if possible.
    must be terrible for him.
    and leave him a dull lamp on.

druidh
    Free Member

swap rooms for a while

Houns

Tell him they are ghosts that are going to rip out his soul as he sleeps

bassman
    Free Member

Try a night light for a while,so if he wakes it will give some back ground light.
    Hopefully grow out of it.

druidh
    Free Member

Is the lady dressed or naked?

juiced
    Free Member

It is possible it was a spirit. I have witnessed a number of strange incidents in two different homes and other's who shared the houses had never experienced anything of any kind. I should add that the situations on both accounting periods resolved themselves.

TheSanityAssassin

When he's finished with her can you ask her to pop round my bedroom next please? I could do with a bit of company…

bullheart
    Free Member

😯

jedi

dont smoke weed in the house!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Regardless of what is happening (I would lean towards over active imagination) it is real to him so "something" has to be done that he believes it is sorted.
    Maybe you do something to get rid of "it" and spend the night in his room with him to check it has worked. He won't see it with you there (bet you a pint) and will be happy you have fixed it. If you are happy you will be convincing what could possibly go wrong…

luked2
    Free Member

My aunt, who is the most serious minded, straight down the line lady you could possibly imagine (with a cut glass accent to go with it) was adamant they had a ghost at one of their previous houses (somewhere in darkest Essex).

My uncle was really annoyed that apparently everyone in the local town knew about this ghost but didn't bother to mention it to them when they were buying the house.

Some old chap would appear, and walk across the landing on the first floor. Except that where the landing had been redesigned a bit and went up a step, he went through it.

grievoustim
    Free Member

night light

does everyone make a big fuss when he mentions it? Play it down – not saying he is doing it consciously, but kids will repeat behaviour that gets a lot of adult attention

i'm always seeing "figures" in my room when I wake in the night, used to when I was a kid as well – its always my imagination

iDave
    Free Member

It is possible it was a spirit

oh really? and what would that be?

nickname
    Free Member

sleep on the floor in his room tonight, show him you ain't afraid of no ghost 😈

uplink
    Free Member

Who you gonna call?

alwyn
    Free Member

We had this in our house, we had 5 guests and my sister over a period of 3 years see the figure in the downstairs hallway. I never had a problem but the room always had a strange feel. It's gone now.

jon1973
    Free Member

oh really? and what would that be?

White Spirit? Have you been decorating lately?

allthepies
    Free Member

Yeah, get a night light. My nephew got spooked by shadows in his room, once a night light was fitted all was well.

Dudie
    Free Member

Can you get him some little baby-Bombers to sleep with?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Does he wake up from it straight away? I used to get sleep terrors where you open your eyes but dont actually respond to being shaken etc…
    Can still remember the dreams now (pretty vividly too!) but was given some Bach remedies and havent had a nightmare since, probably 18 years nightmare free!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Flipping double post!

DrP

Regarding the 'sighting of a woman':
    They are not religious but had no other ideas

So your friends could not imagine it could be one of the many million possibilities within the realms of reality, so instantly suspect it was an impossible being??

Bonkers!

DrP

40mpg

My daughter used to tell us about her 'other daddy' when she was 3 or 4 yrs old. When we asked, she said oh, thats my dead daddy.

She's almost normal now (as far as 11 year old girls go).

chorlton
    Free Member

It's not an iron mesh base that's supporting the mattress on the bed is it?

There was a recent article in New Scientist where they stayed in the supposedly haunted Tapestry room in Muncaster Castle, Cumbria.

The scientists doing the study think that magnetic fields could be to blame and they found the strongest magnetic field in the room came from the iron meshed bed. It fluctuated when people turned over on it as well.

They didn't see anything that night though. 🙂

I think the only way to be sure is let the lad sleep with his mum for a week and you have his room. 😀

Drac

Yeah sure.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tell him "ghosts are friendly and it is probably looking out for him, but,

ghosts with axes want to chop his legs off as he watches so scream loudly for mummy"

IdleJon

I was typing quite a long post in reply to this but it all got a little complicated.

I don't believe in ghosts, never have, but weird things happen after people die.

Add kids into the equation and things get weirder. Not necessarily scary, just strange.

Or if you are rational, adult enough and not scared of the dark, you can say that is a sensible explanation for everything. The problem though is that there isn;t a rational explanation for everything in the world, and kids might just see things that adults don't. Both of mine have.

If it was just a one off, your son was probably just dreaming. If yours is anything like my experiences – both my kids would see and talk to my dead mother even the one who never met her " There's a lady at the top of the stairs, Daddy" "Oh great! DOGS COME HERE!" – then it will stop as quickly as it started.

Now who's for a night ride?

fubar
    Free Member

I used to 'see' loads of stuff…pretty sure it was an active imagination and some unfortunate lighting /shadows….perhaps arm him with a torch to check stuff out…I used to lie terrified for ages not daring to get out of bed but perhaps I'd have risked a quick look with a torch.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So your friends could not imagine it could be one of the many million possibilities within the realms of reality, so instantly suspect it was an impossible being??

Where did the "instantly" come from ?

Slogo
    Free Member

]this is a job for derek acorah

or as hes so busy on TV

genesis
    Free Member

My toddler was stood at the end of his cot chatting to someone, when my wife asked him who he was talking to he said 'Martin had come to say goodbye'. Martin was my best mate who had commited suicide that day though, at the time we didn't know that. Utterly spooked the missus.

bigsi
    Free Member

Does you son look anything like this ?

😆

On a serious note i hope you get it sorted 😉

Use it to your advantage. When he's a bit older and starts misbehaving, just tell him to be good or else the lady will be back to take his toys away.

juiced
    Free Member

hope you get it sorted too.

CountZero

My own take is that under certain extreme emotional circumstances a human's electromagnetic field can be 'imprinted' on the surrounding building structure, and some sensitive people respond to it. Seems as plausible as lost spirits.

RustySpanner

I see fat people, everywhere.

Lots of mirrors in this place. 🙂

I used to see vampires, monsters, all sorts as a young child.
    Shadows, creaking wardrobe doors and billowing curtains were all to blame – as said before nightlights really help, as does mum or dad having a quick peek under the bed and in the wardrobe before turning in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘My 2 1/2 year old keeps saying he sees a lady in his room…….’ is closed to new replies.