Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Music you’ve been a bit “Late To The Party” with?
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

If you have Netflix worth watching Beyond the lighted stage for you Rush fans.

Will do, thanks.

grum
    Free Member

I’ve been enjoying Death Cab For Cutie recently – having always assumed they must be dreadful emo. They are very emo but with some depth/poetry to it and great music. Loving it.

Haze

Pixies, forunately not late enough to catch them live…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

This guy; I’m 53 so it’s not like I’ve never heard of him before but really liking these tracks over the last 12 months

CountZero

Had a thought today about mikey3’s band, it might be Broken Social Scene, they’ve had a number of female vocalists in their lineup, including Leslie Feist.

There’s also Metric, although they’re possibly a bit more upbeat.

iancity1
    Free Member

Punk

yes, the whole genre

Was always a metalhead, and as I now approach my 50th year on this planet I really should (or feel I should) be getting into blues/jazz, but instead find myself listening more and more to American punk from the 70s and 80s. Also discovering more of the new(ish) punk sound of say The Living End/Against me/Anti-flag etc

Love it though 🙂

BenjiM

I only recently discovered Pirate Metal, who thought heavy metal and sea shantys went together so well!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

20 minutes ago I discovered Steve’n’seagulls

orangespyderman

Pink Floyd is my entry to this race to the bottom 🙂

When I was 16, 17 and 18 I was about rock.  The kind with long hair.  This was in the late 80s very early 90s.  I was a huge Queen fan, but listened to quite a wide variety of music.  A friend at school was a Pink Floyd fan – a huge fan, and a good friend but I really never “got” the music (this was already a while after much of it was released).  Forward on maybe 10 years and I stumbled across them again in a dimly lit appartment in the French Alps and it was quite a revelation.

I’m not a “fan” as such now because I still think there’s a few frogs to kiss before you get the prince (and have a similar relation with Bowie), but really do get the fact that when they’re good, they really are very very good indeed.

orangespyderman

20 minutes ago I discovered Steve’n’seagulls

Have you ever heard of Hayseed Dixie?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Had their first album what must be 16 years ago and seen them loads of times including their epic Cropredy performances.

This is just a slightly different take on it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Music you’ve been a bit “Late To The Party” with?’ is closed to new replies.