Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mum present guidance
  • philjunior
    Free Member

So I’ve drawn my mum in the secret santa. Buying a present isn’t a problem – I have a default present for her that she likes, and I enjoy getting her (usually for her birthday just after Christmas though).

I’m debating between this – a particular box of chocolates – or something else (nice jumper? Horrendous xmas themed jumper?)

You guys sorted me out when I wasn’t sure what to do with a mid noughties “freeride” bike (gave it to my dad, who at 72 is still enjoying finding new lines he can ride on it, so definitely the right decision). Please make life’s decisions for me again.

Of course if I go for chocolates, I then have to do the same on her birthday in early Jan or think of something else for then.

Cheers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Power kite?

Kryton57

A little something from Anne Summers?

CheesybeanZ

Flowers ,delivered never seems to fail.

petec
    Free Member

make some sloe gin

cheap gin (lidl?), sloes, sugar. Leave

two benefits
    a) she loves you more as it’s a home-made present, and therefore you’ve put effort in
    b) it involves absolutely no effort.

win win

40mpg

Ive just ordered my mum one of these letterbox flower deliveries for her birthday, its a repeat subscription so she gets seasonal flowers each month.

They come flat packed (!!) with instructions on how to trim and arrange them properly so a bit more interactive than just receiving a bouquet too.

I’ve been using Bloom & Wild, everyone who’s received so far has been impressed – just sent a flat pack living Christmas tree to my father in law!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Coke and Gigolos

johndoh
    Free Member

A big something from Anne Summers?

cinnamon_girl

Cashmere jumpers on offer at Uniqlo.

timmys

Sloe gin

Great idea – for Christmas 2021

flower delivery subscription

That’s what we’re doing for my step-mum. A lot more than we’d normally spend to be honest, but it’s been a crap year and everyone needs cheering up.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

A subscription to Angling Times?

philjunior
    Free Member

Should definitely have mentioned that the price limit/target is £25, and I don’t want to be the dick that spends 4 times that, or half that.

Cougar

A subscription to Angling Times?

A subscription to Singletrack?

Or some fine coffee?

allanoleary
    Free Member

JR Hartley’s guide to fly fishing?

martinhutch

Agree. Feminist writing is the gift that keeps on giving.

toby1

Lookup ugly christmas jumpers on etsy, there are some wonders on there, Merry clitmas! Possibly NSFW, or NSFMums!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A set of 8 hand painted coasters direct from a renown artist of STW fame. £25 limit you say? £24.99 for eight delivered!

If you do actually want some then I will be putting those under resin this weekend so ready to post the following weekend. If you like the idea but want a different colour scheme let me know. Either way, PM me and I will sort you out a super special STW price.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mum present guidance’ is closed to new replies.