Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Moto GP 2017
  • davidjey
    Free Member

Woo hoo! A thread about proper motorsport 😉

Only been keeping half an eye on testing but could be an interesting year. Interesting to see if Maverick’s times are real, whether Marcquez can wring enough out of the Honda again, whether Lorenzo can master a Ducati. And whether it’s time for Rossi to think about retiring or not….

LS
    Free Member

People have been saying that VR should retire since about 2005 😆
    Mav is the real deal and having had some experience in the class will probably not make too many silly errors. MM will do some bonkers riding to keep up but I don’t think it’ll be enough.

Pigface
    Free Member

And let’s see what gobby Cal can do 😆

Can’t see past MM for the title ?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can’t wait. I’ve been trying to find a way to watch without paying BT for their Football rights.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Can’t see past MM for the title

this.

Although it will be interesting to see Lorenzo on a Ducati. He’s one of the smoothest riders out there but bottles it in the wet. For some reason the Ducatis always do well in wet conditions.

lazybike
    Free Member

I paid for btsport again.
    Vinales half a second quicker than everyone, 1.2sec between the top 5, I know Quatar isn’t a great indicator for the rest of the season but that’s not a bad start.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I hope, sincerely hope….that Vinales sticks it to Marquez.

Anyone but MM…

cat69uk
    Free Member

Sadly looks like they have cracked down on streams this season, cannot get any to work. grrrr

salad_dodger

Vinales has pretty much dominated pre season testing and looks to be a lot quicker than everyone else already this weekend although it’s still early days. I think it will between him and MM although if Pedrosa can stay fit then hopefully he’ll be in with a chance. Can’t see Rossi winning the championship again unfortunately. I’ll be watching on BT again with the volume down as I can’t stand Keith Heuwen. I reckon he could post on this forum – chewkw?!

bikebouy
    Free Member

So, on C5 eh. Well that’s made my day.

They would have had to poke chop sticks in my eyes before I signed up to BchuffingT.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Both Yamaha riders have a point to prove with Marquez so, maybe, it’s his turn to be double-teamed.

Been watching the practice today, hooked already. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

How’s Rossi doing? Last FB post said 6th in FP..

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Think he’s trying to adjust to the new Michelin medium tyre which is supposed to be the tyre they will race on.

I’m sure he’ll find a decent setting for the race.

The Tech3 rookies went surprisingly well too.

Ducati aren’t using that hideous hammerhead fairing either. They had a good thing going with the wings but HRC helped get them banned on safety grounds, yeah right.

jim25

I’m as excited as a kid in a sweet shop!
    This is going to be an amazing season I think.

My opinion is Maverick will take the championship. Marquez will put up one hell of an (entertaining) fight. Rossi will struggle with practice/qualifying but pull it out of the bag come race time for podium finishes, unfortunately as much as I would like to see it I don’t think he can win in this year.

Shock prediction – lorenzo to win this weekend…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ducati were losing more time from a compromised top end (long straights) than they were from reduced acceleration (wings keep the front end down).
    Rossi has squeaked directly into Q2.George has’nt.
    Crazy Joe can wring the Suzukis neck for a single lap but I don’t think he’ll have a similar race pace.
    Sterling work from Redding,Folger and Zarco (Herve must be happy as a pig in poo!)

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Rossi will struggle with practice/qualifying but pull it out of the bag come race time for podium finishes, unfortunately as much as I would like to see it I don’t think he can win in this year.

For me, the ideal situation is for Vinales to take care of the title and for Rossi to derail Marc’s title challenge. It’s not against the rules, after all. Rossi hasn’t forgotten about 2015 and I’m sure he’d love to return the favour.

I can’t see Jorge beating Dovi, on the same bike, just yet. The Desmo is a tricky bike to ride, at the best of times, and Dovi is used to trying to nurse the bike home when the grip levels drop.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some great photos coming out of practice on Rossi’s FB feed.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’d love to see Stoner turn up as a wild card, just to show them how to ride a bike properly.

Pigface
    Free Member

And then moan and moan and moan

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

It’s more of a whine but I see your point

Rorschach
    Free Member

Marc will take the title…… ironically by being the old hand, riding conservatively and taking the points.I’d never thought I’d say that about him 😯
    Mav will have a season where he wins a lot but it will be a ‘if he had’nt lost points at <insert tracks>’ (bit like Eli is doing now in SX).
    Rossi will have GOAT moments but they won’t be enough 😥
    George will lose his head completely 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Both Yamaha riders have a point to prove with Marquez so, maybe, it’s his turn to be double-teamed.

pondo

MM vs MV is gonna be fascinating, bit early to rule VR out (because he is the GOAT and can break the laws of reality), George will be in the mix if they can make the Duke work for him.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I can’t see Jorge beating Dovi, on the same bike

I always preferred the 250 class.Some of the races there were epic & the only time I ever wanted a Honda to win was when Dovi was racing against Jorge on the Aprila.It was fascinating to watch.The Honda was way down on top end compared to the Aprila & Dovi had to do the proper ‘racecraft’ stuff to get the result.You also got some fantastic Italy v Spain battles on the 250’s. Notably at Misano. Anyone else remember Barberra wiping out the local hero Pasini? More drama in one lap than the usual Moto GP race! 😀

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    Marc will take the title…… ironically by being the old hand, riding conservatively and taking the points.I’d never thought I’d say that about him

I agree with this, up to a point, but he will lose his s*** if someone takes him out again, like Rossi did in Argentina. (50-50 IMO BTW, but Marc believed it was deliberate and took his revenge once he was out of contention for the title)

Popcorn at the ready…

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAPSH-4SG5w[/video]

Front wheel vs. rear wheel, rear wheel wins every time. 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

George will be in the mix if they can make the Duke work for him

It’s more if Lorenzo can change his style for the Ducati.His 250esque high corner speed style is the exact opposite of how the Ducati works.He will be on the pace at some tracks and hopelessly adrift at others.If he can adapt (seems unlikely given his history) he still won’t be as quick as Maverick!!

simondbarnes

Properly ace Moto3 race, if the other 2 are half as good it’ll be a fine start to the season 🙂

salad_dodger

Agreed. Moto3 is usually the best race of the lot.

salad_dodger

Followed by Moto2 yawn fest.

lazybike
    Free Member

Followed by Moto2 yawn fest.

Yeah…what is it with moto 2? it just isn’t very exciting..

Matt24k
    Free Member

Looks like there could be a spot of rain for the Moto GP race.
    I have a motogp video pass, at 99 Euro a year it is cheaper and easier than the BT option. All races and practice sessions are available on demand as well as older races going back to the 1990’s.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Start delayed due to rain shower in the desert.

jim25

Moto3 was a great star to the season. Moti2 was as expected really for me.

I’m on the edge of my seat here waiting for the motogp to be started. Bloody rain in the desert is laughable!!

Matt24k
    Free Member

Start delayed a further 10 minutes. I have a feeling that they may not get started at all as the the riders were already concerned about the late night dew making the track slippery.

simondbarnes

Gutted for Zarco

vinnyeh

oops.

simondbarnes

Good race!

Matt24k
    Free Member

Well worth the wait!

Pigface
    Free Member

Very interesting result, great ride by Redding. What happened to gobby?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2017’ is closed to new replies.