Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 369 total)
  • Moto GP 2014
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Twilight years of his career really. I don’t think it’s going to tarnish his legacy much.

Rossi’s pretty much said he’s not willing to ride a bike to the sorts of limits that Marquez does (or Stoner did.) So partly age and injuries and that mental edge.

joefm

He’s second in the championship behind some freak of nature.

I dont see how people can say he has lost it, a lot of people are saying he is rejuvenated.

Pigface
    Free Member

Rossi has the beating of everyone this year bar Marquez, Pedrossa is a wya back, Lorenzo seems to be a bit broken in the head. His racecraft makes up for anything he might of lost in out right speed.

Marquez is something else entirely I just hope that all his bad luck doesnt arrive in one big lump.

LoCo
    Free Member

Rossi on a honda against Marquez would be a fair fight, however Marquez would edge it IMO, maybe

br
    Free Member

Bottom line, Marquez is just brilliant and on the best bike supplied by the best (race) manufacturer with probably the best team running it.

And Rossi is second to him – not bad for an old man.

LoCo
    Free Member

yep different eras, different equipement to the old 500s

slimjim78
    Free Member

fair comments re Rossi.

I know little of Marquez and haven’t witnessed his winning streak.

From all the accolades it would appear he is the genuine real deal.

jota180
    Free Member

Rossi on a honda against Marquez would be a fair fight, however Marquez would edge it IMO, maybe

Marquez would take it every time – unless he fell – he’s prepared to do whatever it takes. Rossi is past doing that.

LS
    Free Member

Rossi’s racecraft is the thing keeping him up there – look at Sunday. He knew that the track was dry enough for slicks and that he and everyone else would be in to change. So he shot off on the sighting lap to get into the pits first and so first to the pit lane exit. Did Lorenzo or Pedrosa think of that? Of course not.

Sly old dog 😀

Woody
    Free Member

Rossi’s racecraft is the thing keeping him up there

There is no doubt it is helping but having seen most of the races this year I can’t see how anyone one can say he’s lost his edge or desire.

I think too much is put down to his age and he is racing as well as ever and in fairness to him (and all the others trailing in his wake) Marquez appears to be something truly special !

LS
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I’m far from thinking that he’s past it or lost what made him the racer we all think of. He’s far better than all the rest bar Marquez. I just think that he’s having to call on all those years of experience (let’s face it, he’ll have seen every possible race situation) to stay where he is now, rather than pure talent.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Marquez appears to be something truly special !

And worryingly he has a little brother who is looking pretty damn quick too!

Lorenzo seems to be a bit broken in the head.

It is a shame to see. Seems to be a bit lost. Rides so much on his confidence that when it’s gone he’s gone. Hopefully we’ll see him back soon.

peteimpreza

Stoner vs Marquez both on Hondas would be epic

mrblobby
    Free Member

Stoner vs Marquez both on Hondas would be epic

Would be brilliant to watch. Remember Spies saying that when following riders who were quicker than him he could see why they were quicker, in that they were basically doing what he was doing but better. But that Stoner and Marquez were exceptions to that and he just couldn’t figure out how they were doing what they were doing! Whatever you think of Stoner, MotoGP is worse off without him.

rossi46
    Free Member

Basically Marquez can take the absolute p*** on a bike AND get away with it. Moreso than just about any other rider. Rossi is also old school in the fact that he learnt the trade on a two stroke- Marquez i believe is the first ‘god’ of the total 4 stroke era.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha Moaner would crack the mother of all saddies if Marquez dished out a bit of bar bashing fairing rubbing 😆

jim25

Stacey would get whipped be Marquez! and he wouldn’t like it!
    Stacey Moaner has got the moves but but lets face it, Marq wion’t give up on anything until he wins.
    He is gonna be the new GOAT.

weeksy

He is gonna be the new GOAT.

I think he’s going to end up more of a Doohan than a Rossi though. A rider who whilst widely appreciated as a rider, never really captured the public in the same way Rossi, Schwantz, Ago, Hailwood all did. I’m not saying I want to see Rossi type antics from him, but he just isn’t really showing a lot of interesting traits. Unless of course you consider his riding skill interesting, which it is of course… but.. not necessarily to everyone who doesn’t see all the nuances.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not sure about that weeksy he puts some funny stuff on his twitter feed, the language barrier doesn’t help.

Doohan didn’t give a shit what anyone thought of him 😆

joefm

He seems to have some personality compared to others.

Rossi said he didn’t think the yams are that much slower and Marquez is the main difference. Fair play.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Ha ha Moaner would crack the mother of all saddies if Marquez dished out a bit of bar bashing fairing rubbing

Haha too true!

Pigface
    Free Member

Ooh ooh big gob Cal leaves Ducati 😯 mmmm let the conspiracy theories begin, my theory is he isn’t as good as they thought 😉

jota180
    Free Member

my theory is he isn’t as good as they thought

My theory is they had enough of him speaking English with some weird European accent.

Kato

Contract paid up though and a factory supported RCV at LCR.

Not a bad move

jota180
    Free Member

That Duke is so peculiar, they’d be better off having an open day or two and seeing if they can find a Stoner somewhere.

bigad40
    Free Member

Marquez is awesome.
    I’d like to see if he could win a world a world title on a Ducati.

br
    Free Member

That Duke is so peculiar, they’d be better off having an open day or two and seeing if they can find a Stoner somewhere.

Aye, as long as the local A&E was on standby…

jota180
    Free Member

Racers don’t bother about minor things like putting it in the scenery 🙂

Seriously though, there must be a rider out there in Moto2 or one of the Superbike championships that can extract the maximum out of it, they just have to find him.
    Testing a whole bunch of them over a few days may work

weeksy

Yeah, not as good as he thought,the podiums on the tech3 bike must have been luck!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

Matt24k
    Free Member

Looks like Cal took the money and ran. Very sensible if you ask me.
    The Ducati needs a special kind of rider and even Rossi isn’t special enough.
    I think Iannone may be the right man for the job as he used to have “Crazy Joe” on his gear.
    Now he has…..

Maybe special equals crazy equals maniac 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Brickyard Baby 😆 I think the race will be for 2nd and 3rd, will Big Gob make it to the end * 😉

* I have to have a panto villain and Big Gob Cal is mine 😆

rossi46
    Free Member

Well Marquez makes it 10 poles, you can be sure it will be 10 wins 😀
    Maybe he should be forced to ride the Ducati (i’ll bet Bologna would pay the earth to have him) just to give everyone else a chance. Well a slim chance 😆

jota180
    Free Member

There’s even proper 😉 motorcycle racing on the TV tomorrow
    14:30 on Eurosport

Muke
    Free Member

Bautista high side 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

What are the odds he will win every race this season?

Hyva Kallio 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Looks like it maybe all over for Colin Edwards, I know he is quitting at the end of the season but reports say he is giving up his ride. Maybe be back fo season end in Valencia.

Shame it is petering out because he is a class rider.

rossi46
    Free Member

So the perfect 10, Doohan did it but who else? And what is the record for straight wins? Wasn’t it Agostini?

It is a shame for Colin Edwards, class rider.

weeksy

Ago was about 75 on the bounce!

Edit
    Record: 58 straight victories on 350cc and 500cc machinery (1968–1971)

Pigface
    Free Member

Bradley gets another year on Tech 3, got to be grateful for that as he has hardly set the world on fire.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2014’ is closed to new replies.