Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 369 total)
  • Moto GP 2014
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Just 3 days to go till it all kicks off!!!!
    WHOO HOO!!

Bring the beer, bring the popcorn!

tomaso
    Free Member

Looking forward to Sunday night viewing with some ales and a full programme if racing. There is some good UK talent in all the classes!

rossi46
    Free Member

Cor blimey, what’s going on here? Pol Espargaro fastest in FP2 with Dovi on his Duke second fastest.
    This could be entertaining!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm do the Open class bikes not get a softer rubber choice than the factory bikes? Could see a bit of a topsy turvy grid if they get a big qualifying advantage.

Edit… anyone got the BT sport player working on Mac Safari? Get error VC019 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah problem solved, had to go download a new version of Sliverlight from MS. Seems to be working fine now other than it makes my cursor randomly disappear!

Pigface
    Free Member

Cal just binned it

RustySpanner

Oh God.

Is he walking?

weeksy

Yes. Soi did Bradley,much more spectacular! Both seem OK.

rossi46
    Free Member

The factory teams must be scratching their heads a bit, Alvaro Bautista is the fastest factory bike in third- and that’s a satellite bike!
    And the Duke seems to be pretty handy too. All seems a bit strange.

RustySpanner

Have you read the last couple of MCN’s?
    All very strange.

Ducati go open class but take their software and donate it to the other open class teams, even though many of them don’t have the resources to use it.

Dorna are happy until, guess what? Honda complain, because the rules no longer favour them.

Then Ducati are told they will have to compete in a class of their own if they win a race, get 2 second places or 3 thirds. 😐

There’s a lot more too it than that, but you get the drift.
    And I’m sure Ducati have been sandbagging in the last few tests. Clever old Ducati. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rusty, yeah, agreed. They must be a bit scared I reckon. Honda got scared of Ducati after they got regularly whipped in WSB some years back. They don’t like having a bunch of spaghetti eating chancers giving them a good thrashing!

(PS, I have no quibbles about either factory and we have a Duke and a Honda in the garage!)

RustySpanner

It’s an odd one for sure PP.

I can see an official protest by Honda whatever the outcome.
    And Dorna will roll over and give in, like they always do.

A messy season ahead!

rossi46
    Free Member

Hate it when politics get in the way of racing, looking forward to seeing a non factory bike kick some arse though!
    And I’d love to see Ducati do well again, wonder what Rossi will say?

LoCo
    Free Member

Ducati always go well at that track, have done for the last few years

5thElefant
    Free Member

Dovi always could put in a fast qualifying lap and the first few race laps. Then he’d go backwards. Hayden was the same.

It’s all normal…

tomaso
    Free Member

How high?

And then he got back on and went faster!

The “open” Forward Yamaha is essentially a 2012 chassis with a satelitte 2013 engine without the fancy gearbox. However, it isn’t hampered by running with less fuel and come race day that is going to make a big difference. Lorenzo and Rossi both noticed that the leaner running Yamaha was worse to ride with 20 litres of fuel, so the 24L Espargaro has must make for a more manageable bike.

Although Livio Suppo complained that the difference between the open Honda’s performance and the Forward Yamaha was for a reason and it had first and second name – Aleix Espargaro. The lad has been making less competitive motorcycles do things they shouldn’t for some years. I can’t ever remember him being slow!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hodgson thought the 2012 chassis may be better than the 2014. It may well suit the new tyres better, or just Epspargaro.

rossi46
    Free Member

Marquez On Pole.
    Better than that, Bradders is there with him!!!
    Wicked!

higthepig
    Free Member

I am getting excited about it, could prove to be an interesting season.

BT Sport,
    Like Mel, very worried about JT’s hair though, he looks like a serial killer

Muke
    Free Member

I thought JT looked like Severus Snape from Harry Potter

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Pedrosa will win this season..

I will bookmark this what i have said and prove to everybody later on 🙂

..i wish one day i can watch motogp without listening to those commentators and just listen the engines running in dolby surround.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Pedrosa will be like Kevin Schwantz…..and only win a championship when the other guys are injured etc. …..but he hasn’t the same natural talent as Schwantz unfortunately …………but I do like Pedrosa

jim25

Pedrosa will never win the championshp, not when gguyslike marquez and Jorge are riding. He’shhadhis bestchance.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lowes great quali in Moto2, no idea what is going to happen in MotoGP today makes it very exciting.

Crell
    Free Member

Are BT sport showing the Moto 2 & 3 racing as well. May bite the bullet and get the internet pass for today. Need to see Lowes, otherwise it’s an afternoon of Milan – San Remo.

Crell
    Free Member

Looks like neither BT or Dorna do a 1 race pass. Rubbish, particularly as the still shot take from the live feed on the Dorna “sign up” page shows John Mcphee in 4th in warmup for moto 3.

Hopefully the link in here will be working (Thanks Bonzodog).

Clicky

Pigface
    Free Member

From the twitter feeds sounds like a hell of a race, curse you BT curse you to hell 😥

scotroutes

I never really watch sport so I didn’t really care that BT had given us free BT Sport via our Sky box but I thought I’d check it out today and I’m so glad I did. The race was excellent, with some really close overtaking maneuvers. Good to see Rossi back to form too.

I did make the mistake of tuning in at 15:00 when the “coverage” started, only to find that the Moto GP race didn’t actually start until 19:00. Needless to say I switched off and found something more interesting to do. Do some folk really sit down and watch that stuff for 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon?

deviant
    Free Member

Yes, the smaller engined bikes often produce the best racing!…. And I like seeing riders progress through the classes until arriving in MotoGP.
    Had a glorious Sunday today watching Milan-San Remo and then several hours of MotoGP.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I did make the mistake of tuning in at 15:00 when the “coverage” started, only to find that the Moto GP race didn’t actually start until 19:00. Needless to say I switched off and found something more interesting to do. Do some folk really sit down and watch that stuff for 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon?

Errrr… maybe 😳

RustySpanner

Why do you have Sky if you don’t watch sport?

Not being funny, thought that was the whole point!

scotroutes

Coz it has more choice of other channels. We don’t have any of the Sky Sports channels.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Does a standard BT TV subscription have BT Sports2 for MotoGP?

Thinking of switching from Sky been with them 3 yrs straight already.

scotroutes

I assume so. We have BT for Broadband and phone and it came free with that package.

rossi46
    Free Member

I haven’t seen the race- waiting for ITV4 tomorrow- but read about it on social networks etc.
    Damn you Dorna! Sounds like a great race!
    Rossi back on form V’s Marquez is something I’ve been waiting for for ages!!
    Grrrrr.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

To those lucky enough to watch motogp ..so did my boy pedrosa finish in spectacular fashion?

scotroutes

Spoilers!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Just read the report sounded great race all round.Nothing on youtube yet.Bloody nightmare looks like BT sports has it well stitched up.That looks a good progamme on ITV4 tomorrow.Not the same HAY 🙁 🙁 🙁

Crell
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member

Errrr… maybe

<cough>Who would dream of doing that?</cough>

I’m usually looking forward to the racing in the lower classes more than GP, though today’s big race was excellent.

The new presenting team are a bit wooden with the exception of Emmett but I’m sure they’ll improve. JT was like a rabbit in the headlights. Not a fan of Keith Heuwen either but at least it’s not Parrish or (God forbid) Charlie Cox. The pitlane interviews were a big improvement (much better than when Mamola did them years ago on Eurosport) and I thought made for a fairly good show.

If you’re a Plusnet customer you can get BT sport half price.

Did anyone else think Cal was going to punch Hodgson when he chased him in the pitlane after the race? 😆

LoCo
    Free Member

Got to lap 7 before had to bath and put the children to bed, have BT sport but only on the computer as Infinity broadband hasn’t got to us, functionality of the BT sport on the computer is crap compared to the other channels we do get via the bt vision box, with no pause, record or any of the other functions 👿
    Going to have to try and catch the rest of the race as and when bit rubbish and we don’t get itv4 via the telly box

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2014’ is closed to new replies.