Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • More shootings in the States
  • kilo
    yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Sadly, noone really cares and nothing will change.

rene59
    Free Member

Shareholders care, isn’t there a bump up in sales and share prices in arms manufacturers after these events?

jambalaya
    Free Member

😥

Grim indeed OP. Selfishly I am glad not to live in a place where such an event is likely

Many people care very much @yourguitarhero. However, their ideas of the correct solution / responce vary greatly

Junkyard
    Free Member

its not many its everyone but yes you are in indeed spot on its how to stop it that divides folk not whether anyone is not moved /disgusted by them – whoever has done it and whatever their motives

trademark
    Free Member

🙁

craigxxl
    Free Member

Can only live in hope that they rethink their gun laws.

jimjam
    Free Member

Terrible.

RustyNissanPrairie

Can only live in hope that they rethink their gun laws

No chance of that happening, they’ve had enough gun deaths for that to happened already. Sorry America but you reap what you sow

ton

i would love to open one of these, and for it to be trump shot in the states.

it is sad, but in a stupid country things like this will always be a regular thing.

tonyg2003

I was in San Antionio for most of last week, nice place, lovely people. Very sad.

Although spending a good deal of time in the USA I don’t even discuss gun control with anyone. It’s pointless. Lots of the well educated people I know over there are fully supportive of gun ownership.

Actually lots of folks in Texas asked me about how dangerous London was due to all the terrorism going on here 🙁 it’s the Trump effect.

mikey74
    Free Member

Latest Gallup polls suggest 60% of Americans want stricter gun controls. I can’t help but think it’s the Government who is getting in the way of it, not the people. The Gov. is essentially killing it’s own citizens by burying it’s head in the sand.

funkmasterp

Sad but not surprising. I don’t think things will ever change over there

colp

Not while the NRA owns so many GOP reps.

pk13

The country’s broken it’s a huge shame. How can they say gun control is not needed, along with the joke of saying the more guns we have the safer we are? How many legal gun owners are in the state of Texas.

zippykona

God is going to be busy again.

rOcKeTdOg

Sadly it’s not even news now. Its the norm

kimbers

Twitter already full of Americans saying prayers & more guns are needed.

10th mass shooting in the last week apparently,
    http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

GrahamS

For every ten days in the US there will be a mass shooting on nine of them (1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days) (where “mass” is four or more people shot in the same incident).

It is so common that, like car fatalities here, only the big ones make the national news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/oct/02/america-mass-shootings-gun-violence

Drac

Awful and all too often.

dovebiker

[irony mode] wouldn’t have happened if church goers were issued with AR15s /irony mode]

scotroutes

We need a #shrugsshoulders emoji.

Klunk
    Free Member

Latest Gallup polls suggest 60% of Americans want stricter gun controls.

unfortunately it’s still not enough of an issue for them to change the way they vote. A republican who is pro gun control will still vote republican regardless and a pro gun Democrat will always vote Democrat. 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I think it’s time for immigration checks between states, full registration of thoughts and lists to be made of people who look a but funny.

As said before its too soon to talk about dealing with this massive problem of domestic terror. It means admitting too many problems.

bails

Twitter already full of Americans saying prayers

If prayers stopped bullets then the victims would have been pretty safe at church 🙁

More candles, lots of tut-tutting, then business as usual until the next one….

CountZero

scotroutes – Member
    We need a #shrugsshoulders emoji.

frankconway

With grim regularity – it happens again.

I can’t avoid thinking that Trump’s attitude, behaviour, verbal incitements and insults, failure to condemn where condemnation is the only acceptable response, implicit support for right wing extremists and the rest is being seen by some as a reason to express their frustrations and/or inadequacy in a way which – to them – demonstrates strength and power. In other words, I’ve got guns – you don’t – bang bang you’re dead.
    Interesting to note that, since the Vegas mass murders, there has been absolutely ZERO attempt to date to open up debate about gun control; it’s been pushed down the agenda – again – as the president and his administration have no interest in doing anything.
    Ask yourself what would happen if Trump or any of his family were subject to assassination/murder attempt; instant legislative response and F*** the NRA.

One of my sons lives in the US – going through residency application to be followed by citizenship.
    He’s in upstate NY; last time I was there, crossing the border near Niagara with his FIL, border guard asks FIL – probation officer – having inspected his passport, ‘are you carrying your side-arm, sir?’ ‘No, it’s it home in my cabinet’.
    Son in question worked for Disney; he has dark hair, ‘swarthy’ appearance and stubble; shuttled between US and UK on regular basis for about 4 years; frequently held at US airport arrivals on his returns due to his appearance despite his Disney paperwork etc; not helped by the fact he had some Turkish immigration stamps in his passport from various holidays.

frankconway

Gunman identified http://nypost.com/2017/11/05/gunman-identified-in-deadly-texas-church-massacre/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_alert&utm_content=20171105&mpweb=755-4974674-719098922

Doesn’t sound like a muslim name to me.

Waiting for the donald to comment further – and take some decisive legislative action?

frankconway
    slowoldman

As usual you have to ask where were the good guys with guns?

trout
    Free Member

The thoughts and prayers have been deployed so it’s all ok now

Northwind

Looking on reddit, there’s an obviously concerted effort to start a rumour that an armed churchgoer “saved the day”. Seriously that’s the words they’re using. And you look at the screen names and a bunch of them were giving it “religion of peace” earlier. GARARGHGAHRGHG.

mikey74 – Member

Latest Gallup polls suggest 60% of Americans want stricter gun controls.

How you ask the question makes a massive difference too. You can ask “do you want background checks” yes “do you want mental health screenings” yes “do you want to prevent them being sold to felons” yes “do you want to prevent the sale of fully automatic weapons” yes “do you want gun control” COLD DEAD HANDS.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have just ordered Homeland Security to step up our already Extreme Vetting Program. Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!

Trump is wrong on lots of things, but not on this one.[/quote]

1)Stop selling weapons to and or bombing far away countries.
    2) Stop SA investing money in the spread of Islam in the west and stop doing business with them until they sort their human rights out.
    3) Regulate what happens in Islamic churches and schools, hint of extremism shut them down.
    4) Remove driving licences from criminals, this a more general suggestion. 5yr bans for all convicted nutters whether its a driving related offence or not.
    5) (edit add)Licence internet users.

I agree, that’s why there has to be open and honest discussion about where this brand of Islam comes from, what is it about this interpretation that is so dangerous or so compatible with radicalisation. Who is spreading it, why are they spreading it? Is it canonical? Who if anyone has the authority to condemn it?

If everyone on one side says it’s nothing to do with Islam and everyone on the other saying, it’s Islam then there’s no progress.

Following on from those comment in the NY thread I wonder what those people want to add here? honest conversations about guns?
    More monitoring of US citizens?
    Restrictions on US citizens?

somafunk

Usual guff & waffle on the live press conference from Texas at the moment, thoughts n’ prayers…..hug your loved ones…..praise to the first responders…..people want answers etc….etc . Here’s an idea for you, pull your dicks out of your arse and reform the gun laws otherwise just **** admit you can’t do anything because you suck from the NRA teat.

colp

NRA spending

Scroll down to the section titled “outside spending”

grtdkad

Apparently that’s the 307th mass shooting (4 or more killed) in the 309 days of the year so far.

TAP strategy is working well so far.

rickmeister

If prayers stopped bullets then the victims would have been pretty safe at church

Reminded me that last year was spent in a nuclear bunker, under a church, in Switzerland over the week of the Trumpsters inauguration… Thats a pretty solid Triple Lock.

US gun law… I can sort of see where the fervour to keep guns available and the 2nd Amendment (is that the one?), after watching programmes like the Vietnam serial. Troops and police opening fire on the demonstrating students on Campus.

I guess the mistrust of Govt and Law must have started somewhere and this was a very visual example of what the NRA are railing on about… but I can’t see anything other than T&P’s being deployed here… or the future.

DrJ

But… Muslims!!

vinnyeh

The killer had a dishonourable discharge that barred him from gun ownership apparently.

Therefore laws don’t work, criminals will still get guns if they want.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘More shootings in the States’ is closed to new replies.