Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • More Bear Grylls bellendery.
  • globalti
    Free Member

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t0mJ63Y8WM

Breathtakingly fake; it makes you realise how edited and fake the media really are.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nice vid bit **** but that is normal, whats your problem? It’s a mix of set shots and him actually climbing something?

globalti
    Free Member

My problem is the sheer dishonesty of it.

jimjam
    Free Member

globalti – Member

it makes you realise how edited and fake the media really are.

Wait…..are you trying to tell me tv programes are edited….and perhaps not 100% real?

scotroutes

Shocking trail erosion going on there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

are you saying he didn’t climb it??

Bear
    Free Member

Where is the dishonesty?

funkmasterp

^^are you him? If so, Ray Mears is better than you 😉

scotroutes

mikewsmith – Member
    are you saying he didn’t climb it??

I’d say thats a distinct possibility 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

^^are you him? If so, Ray Mears is better than you

Deep down he knows that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why? Either back it up of head off to the conspiracy threads 😉

scotroutes

It’s not like he doesn’t have previous

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7304617.stm

and there are plenty of other tales floating around in the outdoor activities community.

Rorschach
    Free Member

At least fame has’nt changed him.He was a complete bell swipe when I met him before he was on TV.

nickjb
    Free Member

My problem is the sheer dishonesty of it.

Don’t watch any Attenborough, your head will explode.

scotroutes

I’m surprised he had the energy to climb after running all that way carrying all his climbing equipment.

CountZero

Breathtakingly fake; it makes you realise how edited and fake the media really are.

You are the real Donald Trump, and I claim my $5!
    I personally have no time for Grylls, but all programmes of that nature are edited, even Ray Mears, who I consider to be much more honest in what he does., it’s an inevitable part of programme making.

crazy-legs

Dicovery Shed (channel 161 on Sky) has been showing a whole load of Bear Grylls Born Survivor series. Some of the stuff is actually quite interesting so long as you tune out the miraculous coincidences of him finding exactly what he needs in a rather MacGyver-esque fashion.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Wait until you see Jurassic Park.

chickenman

You mean he didn’t self belay himself up a 100m high tower with a 10m rope and three runners??? 😯

dovebiker

Amazing, climbing a route like that with a rack comprising 2 Friends – expect he was top-roped and hauled up!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Don’t watch any Attenborough, your head will explode.

Yep, and 90% of the sound is by a foley artist and not real.

DezB
    Free Member

Was it a doedorant advert? The logo at the end looked like a version of Sure for Men or something. Do we have to get upset about faked adverts now?

Did laugh at the auto-played next video – “Men’s survival trousers”! 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

Got to hand it to him, Edward’s made a career out of being a complete fake. Not that he needed to with a rich Tory MP father (Sir Michael) and mother (Lady Sarah). I’m sure Huckleberry and Marmaduke will be proud of him though.

mikey3
    Free Member

Lemony.

Sandwich

Dodgy friend placement and a static rope visible in shot while tying on to the yellow one. No, can’t be fake!

martinhutch

Absolutely hilarious. If it’s dishonest though, they need to make a better job of it. Didn’t even try to hide the top-rope on several of the shots. Even showed him tying into it at the bottom! 😀

I wonder where his belayer hid while he was bounding onto the summit in triumph?

I suppose there are still people out there who believe he abseils off knotted pig’s tendon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s not even a real bear.

perchypanther
    Free Member

….and he very rarely grills anything.

Full disclosure: I’m not a real panther and I don’t think Flashy is an actual Captain either

gobuchul
    Free Member

I saw one where he throws a grappling hook into a tree on the other side of a gorge, pulls the rope tight and then declares that he has no choice but to go for it.

He then abseils down the “rope” that has transformed into a very tight steel wire. Brilliant. 🙂

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’m sure he doesn’t do lots of stuff that’s on his show, but if he can inspire some kids to join the scouts and actually leave their bedrooms to do some outdoor stuff then more power to him. He’s not exactly criminal number one is he?

takisawa2

To the 20 6/7 year olds who come along to Beavers every week, he’s a legend. I don’t dispute there’s probably a lot of fakery going on. 🙂

pinkwafer

Tying into a static rope and wearing trainers… Certainly fake.

stever
    Free Member

Mmm, when you realise the core audience is 10 year old boys it all makes more sense.

dannyh
    Free Member

Bear Grylls is awesome.

I mean, he does all those things with his head stuck massively up his own arse.

ajantom

I particularly liked the shot of him at 1:42.
    He is literally hanging off the top rope with his legs out at an angle, but feet on nothing.
    Like he’s trying to do mid-air splits.

BadlyWiredDog

He’s not even a real bear.

Hardly unique in that, I mean, Paddington, do you think he’s real? Or Yogi who is clearly fake and probably just an animation. The whole dishonest industry built around bear impersonation needs taking down. It makes me so angry.

scotroutes

I bet you’re not even a dog!

gobuchul
    Free Member

And he’s got no wires, never mind bad ones.

Poopscoop

No problem with BG but much prefer Ray Mears. No invented drama and he genuinely loves the people and places he goes to.

Sort of guy you could have a beer with in the pub.

BG… Not so much.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No problem with BG but much prefer Ray Mears. No invented drama and he genuinely loves the people and places he goes to.

My Mrs calls RM ‘that fat bloke that eats leaves’. 🙂

I know his Mrs, Ruth. Lovely lass from a Durham ex pit village. (she really is really nice)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘More Bear Grylls bellendery.’ is closed to new replies.