Home Forums Chat Forum Midlife crisis purchase/investment

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Midlife crisis purchase/investment
  • jwt
    Free Member

Bought a DeRosa King XS, that I couldn’t afford and didn’t need.

Then bought some carbon aero wheels, and as a 50th present to myself, had Di2 fitted.

It only gets ridden on nice days and will see me to the grave I imagine, currently looking to replace the 3650 Scribes with some 5065’s, because Aero (and it’ll look cool)
    It’s probably the reason I’m still on 26″ MTB!

De Rosa

Tracey

She has It all in bits at the moment doing a full restoration

20220731_203253

chewkw
    Free Member

Midlife crisis purchase/investment/impulse buy/PSA whatever …

Walked into John Lewis few days just to see what’s going on with sales (not exactly intending to buy anything), ended up with:

1. SkottsbergCast Iron Frying Pan, 24cm x 2 

2. SkottsbergCast Iron Frying Pan, 28cm x 1

3. SkottsbergCast Iron Wok with Helper Handle, 34cm x 1 

If you love to cook and want a lightweight cast iron, get them.  These are really good.  I am amazed that the Chinese can make such strong and lightweight cast iron pan and wok (traditional cast iron wok is much heavier).  I am still trying to figure out how they make them.

Can anyone explain to me how they make lightweight cast iron?

nicko74

Same. I either work from home or commute on foot. My last fun car was awesome but it just sat there doing nothing 90% of the time. I had to think of excuses to take it out.

Same back when I had my Audi S5 (V8, manual). Too good and fantastic a car to be sat doing nothing, but couldn’t find reasons to use it more!

Mind you, driving back from a skiing trip in it was always cracking

Vortexracing

@MrOvershoot

What’s the Boxter been like to run in terms of expense, I am retiring in 6 months and have a Porsche Cayman itch      😉

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.