Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Michelin
  • russyh
    Free Member

Got to say no issue with mine either.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Still debating over these.

Can anyone tell me how they measure up in real life?

jedi

No issue with gum x rear just mag x front. Got rid and got maxxis shorty

matt_outandabout

Our carcasses come up almost identical to the magic Mary they replaced. Apart from the huge shoulder knobbles that then make them look bigger!

russyh
    Free Member

yep, on a 30mm rim (DT Xm1501 spline 30)

front 63mm 2.48”

rear 61.3mm 2.41”

duir
    Free Member

Wild Enduro Magi x front is superb as a front tyre ridiculous grip on every surface.

Wild Enduro rear tough but not so grippy in some conditions.

The tread has lasted ages but the tyre has perished and has a split in it. Even with the outer case split it stayed inflated.

Tubeless fluid sleeps out side walls.

No idea why anyone would think sidewalls aren’t tough they are very tough even if they weep a bit.

Cheaper than Maxxis.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

duir

Wild Enduro Magi x front is superb as a front tyre ridiculous grip on every surface.

No idea why anyone would think sidewalls aren’t tough they are very tough even if they weep a bit.

Grip is nowhere near a Magic Mary Ultrasoft of any Maxxgrip tyre over roots. Sidewalls are tear resistant but they’re not as supportive as DD.

JP

jedi

Loved the grip just not pumping tyre up every couple of hours for over a week

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Wild Enduro rear tough but not so grippy in some conditions.

The tread has lasted ages but the tyre has perished and has a split in it. Even with the outer case split it stayed inflated.

Tubeless fluid sleeps out side walls.

Cheaper than Maxxis.

It really doesn’t have ‘ridiculous’ grip, as quite a few people and various reviews attest to. It’s good in certain conditions, and not in others. As mentioned Maxxis maxxgrip is significantly more predicable.

They are cheaper than Maxxis however.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

That’s great russyh, thank you very much!

Cuurrently have plenty of clearance with my Aggressor on the rear but it has a habit of picking small stones up which have been chewing my chainstay and seatstay bridges up, they’re both being replaced under warrranty (for an unrelated issue) and I’m hoping the Michelins come up a touch smaller to help stop this.

speedstar

Loved the grip just not pumping tyre up every couple of hours for over a week

that’s not been my experience tbh. Poor rim-tyre combination maybe? Think the magi-x is fantastic on the front but gum-x not so much in recent wet days on the rear. TBF the weather has been really crap though.

jedi

Mavic deemax tubeless wheelset

speedstar

From a Nukeproof Mega? I have them on the same wheels on a mega and not experiencing these problems. In fact if anything they were almost too tight to get back over the rims once I realised they came with tubes in them! No problems since going tubeless

jedi

One side of the sidewall is porous as I have said. Super tight on rims

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Went for gum-x rear magi-x front. Both needed a lever to go on but nothing too drastic. Fitted them Monday night and they’ve held pressure since with absolutely no weeping (my agressor and minion still weeped after 12 months). They lost a couple of psi during the week but my Maxxis tyres did too.

First ride on them this morning, nothing too drastic just my local 30 mile loop that has a bit of everything. They definitely felt draggier but according to my garmin I wasn’t any slower than usual. Completely forgot to measure my WT Maxxis but the Michelin’s definitely come up smaller, they tend so sit a bit squarer on the rims which worried me a bit before my first ride but it didn’t seem to make much difference.

Dunno if it’s just me or my last tyres were quiet, but they make an ace sound when leaning hard on them. The Michelin’s (to me), felt a lot more composed on wet rocky stuff. My aggressor in particular used to often ping off wet rocks where as the Michelin’s seem to hold a line better.

Early days, I wouldn’t say they’re a step up from my last tyres yet but I’ll have to put a few more miles on them before I decide.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Changed my mind. The magi-x is too draggy. Going to have to look for something else.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

WTB 2.8 Vigilante grippy front and 2.6 tough fast Trail Boss rear is my current fave combo. Vigi is grippiest tyre I’ve used and the DD cased rear is very very tough.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Michelin’ is closed to new replies.