Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Member 'ruffriders' doens't send the wheelset I bought
  • Northwind

blablablacksheep – Member

End of the day you the one selling you should make it safe and secure for the buyer, its your responsibility as too is that it gets there.

If the buyer wants a higher service, he should pay for it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its the same as saying” buy from me using paypal gift so i get 100% of your cash and you have 0 protection if i screw you over”

What?

I’m a trust worthy seller, Im not going to screw anyone over.

If the buyer doesnt trust me then they can stump up the fees, its upto them.

robere3
    Free Member

Happy to go collecting funds if you like ?!

scaredypants

blahblah – Say I come & collect in person from you, so I can inspect the goods and be sure I receive the right thing, will you pay my petrol ?

Anyhow, we digress. OP, hope you get sorted soon

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I’m very impressed with the STW effort to find out who this guy is and sincerely hope we do and it gets sorted. I had a very similar experience buying some forks off someone called Lee off here a few months back. £250 I will never see again, despite never having any issues before (most people on here are ace) that was the last time I ever pay via ‘gift’… shame I learnt the hard way! All the best OP!

hora
    Free Member

Do we know his address yet?

Jamie
    Free Member

As usual, I agree with Mr Taylforth.

neninja
    Free Member

I’m interested to hear how the phone call went.

strike
    Free Member

Any update on this?

vleuning
    Free Member

I have called him twice yesterday eef. Didn’t pick up his phone. I will try again this evening and lets hope he will pick up his phone!

Like MountainMonkey says, last time I paid with Paypall gift!

thelumberjack
    Free Member

Hey Guys,

I’m Thelumberjack of pinkbike.

You basically know what happened to me as it is the same story….. Needless to say made a fairly huge mistake on my first ever internet purchase – never to be repeated! If i can be any help just yell here’s all I know:

he has a few accounts called ‘bodyactive’ the one I have was bodyactive@mail.com

there is also premiersecurity@live.com

I too was asked to send a gift payment to the richard paypal account

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

What?

Says you,

There rests the problem, i can say im trust worthy as too can anyone online.

Rule one of buying online dont trust people, it sounds harsh but it stops most of the problems if you look at things with a cynical mind.

Say I come & collect in person from you, so I can inspect the goods and be sure I receive the right thing, will you pay my petrol ?

Err nope you coming to view it with the intention of buying not coming to buy its a different thing.

Online is totally different to real world, as such this is why when you buy goods from a online store they have to pay paypal the fees for using their services not the buyer.(though they probably put this into the final cost)

That is why if you sale more than £55k of goods per month your fees are reduced.

its how life works, it isnt fair at times but you the one who wants to make money at the end of the day, as such you cant be greedy and take 100% cut, doesnt work like that…..example in questioin:

Use ebay if you want to sell? no i hear you say,..why not? ow yer the costs, so you want to sell something with 0 reduction being taken out of final sale…wake up now i say, doesnt work like that. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Says you,

There rests the problem, i can say im trust worthy as too can anyone online.

Rule one of buying online dont trust people, it sounds harsh but it stops most of the problems if you look at things with a cynical mind.

You’re mad.

Dont you trust YOURSELF?

If you were selling online, you’re telling me you would happily pay paypal fees to make the buyer of your goods feel secure?

Why?

Its an unnecessary service, you know you’re not going to scam him because you’re not a scammer. You’re just happily chucking your money away.

Madness.

its how life works, it isnt fair at times

Of course its not if you’re a mug.

neninja
    Free Member

Feel for all those that have been ripped off by this cock. On sites like STW and Pinkbike people drop their guard sometimes and assume fellow members are ‘likeminded’.

Hopefully he’ll get tracked down soon.

fudge9202
    Free Member

have you tried messaging him through pinkbike with an alias in the hope of tracing him on the pretence of buying the frame he has for sale and then bring the heavies with you!!!

neninja
    Free Member

He’s renamed his Ebay account and has loads of scooters for sale – I suspect there’ll be lots of disappointed kids this Christmas. He’s sold almost £1500 of scooters in 24 hours!!

I have 2 addresses (email me for them) – I think one is bogus but the other I suspect could be correct and he’s not realised it is displayed. It’s also in CH5 Deeside, the same as the Richard Oulad Hadj Ahmed and a Louise Vickers who were on 192.com.

He’s using the same mobile number and calling himself Mr R Lee and Richard Hadj and using the premiersecurity@live.co.uk email address again.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

So – neninja – is there anything we can do to help the OP – or at least at least anything that we can do to piss this guy off / warn others / etc?

Or anything we can lure him into divulging his address?

thelumberjack
    Free Member

im voting cyber warfare…… seriously though i suspect if this scam is ‘ongoing’ as such then the fuzz will be interested – if all the info we have is pooled i’d be happy to contact his local (pending address) force with all the details……..

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 for warfare. I know a few who can possibly help out, given the info here. If I can drag them away from witchofworldcraft or whatever’s currently draining their brains…

hora
    Free Member

Can’t you guys go jointly to the Police?

Of course its not if you’re a mug.

abit harsh but if I’d been ripped off I wouldn’t sleep until I’d visited the fella in person.

goodman245
    Free Member

watch this ill get his adress hahaha \

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If neninja has got his address then its well worth going to the police – you should have plenty of evidecne.

Duggan

He’s renamed his Ebay account and has loads of scooters for sale – I suspect there’ll be lots of disappointed kids this Christmas. He’s sold almost £1500 of scooters in 24 hours!!

If this is true then it sounds this alone would be worth going to the Police for, let alone the other stuff.

Really hope this gets sorted, I can’t imagine how angry and gutted I’d be if this happened to me.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

btu waht if the evidecne gtes slot?

Liftman

Van cough cough, come back when the drugs have worn off, your writing backwards 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Just call the fuzz if he’s scamming. Easy for them to track him down, and if they do it will probably lead to other interesting stuff.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

abit harsh

That wasnt aimed at the op – i hope he gets sorted.

hora
    Free Member

Now the seller is probably just a bikeshop moonlighting as a STW’er however the ‘history’ is all for sale stuff- nothing else yet someone was potentially going to wire over £1,500 of their money to someone they’ve never met?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-2011-turner-5-spot-dw-frame-brand-new-1

**** ell.

JonR
    Free Member

Now the seller is probably just a bikeshop moonlighting as a STW’er however the ‘history’ is all for sale stuff- nothing else yet someone was potentially going to wire over £1,500 of their money to someone they’ve never met?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-2011-turner-5-spot-dw-frame-brand-new-1

**** ell.

I read that as the potential buyer taking the pee out the seller.

hora
    Free Member

Ah 😆

kane10255
    Free Member

neninja, the link he had on ebay for the bike has been dropped form ebay I think he’s onto what happening here, stick up the user name for the scooters to see if he can be flushed out.

neninja
    Free Member

neninja, the link he had on ebay for the bike has been dropped form ebay I think he’s onto what happening here, stick up the user name for the scooters to see if he can be flushed out.

That listing disappeared because Ebay shut him down. His account has been closed or suspended.

ipb77
    Free Member

Hi,
    My wife made the mistake of ordering my sons xmas present ( scooter) off him and then the account disappeared. i have opened a complaint against him through ebay and i have phoned him from the number given on here. Again just got a load of excuses!! does any one have his address? as my son might end up without his present for xmas as Paypal wont give me the money back in time to be able to get him one in time!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

to the OP, get the address info from neninja (nice work there fella, are you the mcnninjas neninja?) and go to the police. They do investigate internet scams and frauds.

Once an investigating officer has been allocated I’d pass on all the extra info this thread has gleaned (ie. ebay and pinkbike scams) as “we’ve” already done some of the leg work, and in all likelihood the contributors here are more computer savvy than whichever copper gets given the case.

Ive nearly always used gift as both buyer and seller and have never been ripped off, though basic stuff like posting history can give you a feel for the seller (I wont buy from new registers, or classified-only posters). I’ve used internet classifieds for years with only positive experiences, when I worked and lived in the US in 1998 I bought a Litespeed frame from a guy in california. He posted the frame to me (3000 miles away in Philly so not exactly pitchforking distance) and said either send him a check or return the frame if I didn’t like it.

ipb77
    Free Member

Now he has phoned me back and promised that it will be delivered but yet again couldn’t give me a tracking reference for the parcel. Interestingly enough he left the trading name of DKA wheels with my receptionist. Don’t know if this is another front or fake but there is a facebook page for the company. I am beginning to get extremely worried that my son wont have his present for xmas morning now.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Again just got a load of excuses!! does any one have his address? as my son might end up without his present for xmas as Paypal wont give me the money back in time to be able to get him one in time!!

Strange, if the seller disappears from eBay (i.e. suspended) then I thought Paypal pretty much accepted it was a scam and refunded.

ipb77
    Free Member

Yes they will but you have to wait the mandatory 8 days before they will refund it. 🙁

andrewh
    Free Member

**** ell.

Think I know who littledean is, regular over on XCRacer.
    Know him in real life too. Unless someone has done a very good job of prentding to be someone else…

neninja
    Free Member

nice work there fella, are you the mcnninjas neninja?

Yep, seem to be a few mcnninjas folk around on here.

alzore
    Free Member

What is the latest on this one.??

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Member 'ruffriders' doens't send the wheelset I bought’ is closed to new replies.