Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • Member 'ruffriders' doens't send the wheelset I bought
  • vleuning
    Free Member

Thanks for all the answers. This evening I shall call ruffriders again to see if he got some more information about the shipping. His paypall name is ‘Richard Oulad hadj ahmed’. But first he asked me to pay to ‘Louise Vickers’, but he send the money back and asked me to send the money to ‘Richard Oulad hadj ahmed’.

weeksy

i think you’ve been done up like a kipper

Brown
    Free Member

I’ve been chuckling about that front door retort all morning for some reason

Probably because it was funny! 😛

nealglover
    Free Member

His paypall name is ‘Richard Oulad hadj ahmed’. But first he asked me to pay to ‘Louise Vickers’, but he send the money back and asked me to send the money to ‘Richard Oulad hadj ahmed’.

Very odd thing to do.

If he had access to both Paypal accounts (he must have if he reversed the payment from the Louise Vickers account.)
    Then why would he not just transfer it to the other account himself if that where he wanted it ?

Unless he didn’t have access to the Louise Vickers account anymore, because she realised it had been hacked. And she reversed the payment herself ?

verticalclimber
    Free Member

louise vickers rings a bell, sure i had to paypal that name once, got goods though

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Im the same as vertical climber, sure ive sent money to a louise vickers before

amplebrew

vertical climber – Member
    louise vickers rings a bell, sure i had to paypal that name once, got goods though

tomatoevousparlour – Member
    Im the same as vertical climber, sure ive sent money to a louise vickers before

I’m pretty sure that I’ve sold something to a Louise Vickers over the last year. I’ve had a look through my Paypal history though and can’t find anything though.

I seem to remember filling in a recorded delivery slip in that name.

I’ll keep looking.

neninja
    Free Member

He has sold stuff using ‘louisev6116’ on Ebay which ties with the Paypal account. Probably using wife/girlfriends account and perhaps they’ve now split up.

He is listed near to Chester on 192.com on the 2006 electoral role – http://www.192.com/atoz/people/oulad–hadj–ahmed/richard/

He also has an initial L – what’s the betting that’s for Lee.

If you have no joy, pay for some 192 credits and you’ll probably have an address for his parents . I’m sure they would be less than impressed to hear what their boy has been up to.

Dark-Side

I’ve sold to Louise Vickers before as well. Let me look into my Paypal Acct.

xiphon
    Free Member

Wow… people still use PayPal gift to send money (and not a small amount if it’s a wheelset..) to people they don’t know??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

xiphon – Member

Wow… people still use PayPal gift to send money (and not a small amount if it’s a wheelset..) to people they don’t know??

Yep, and it’s never failed me before.

The alternative would be abank transfer, which ammounts to even less protection.

snakebite
    Free Member

I have sold something to a Lee Vickers last year

Sent by:
    Lee Vickers (The sender of this payment is Non-US – Verified)
    Buyer email:
    leepaulvickers@mac.com

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TINAS – or you could use paypal ordinary payment and get some protection

neninja
    Free Member

I have sold something to a Lee Vickers last year

Sent by:
    Lee Vickers (The sender of this payment is Non-US – Verified)
    Buyer email:
    leepaulvickers@mac.com

Just a coincidentally similar name I suspect. A quick google shows that he is a graphic designer from Glasgow who has done a lot of work in the cycle industry including designing the Singletrack jersey!!

Totally not him I would say.

stevenc
    Free Member

People like this need to be put to a stop, hope it works out for you but from the sounds of things you may need to look for wheels somewhere else.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That Louise name rings a bell. It’s not the guy who got banned from here a while ago is it? His username had Turner in it or something. All his logons got binned. Think Digger on here had hassles with him.

I could be wrong though….

xiphon
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    TINAS – or you could use paypal ordinary payment and get some protection

For the sake of a couple of quid, it definitely minimises the hassle in recovering funds..

Vortexracing

Bloody hell neninja is there owt you can’t find out?

It’s like having Miss Marple on the forum.

No offence intended BTW

hora
    Free Member

Bloody hell neninja is there owt you can’t find out?

Winstanley bikes would not give out any information on management no matter what or how much I asked or complained. I asked on a different forum and someone cameback to me with everything- personal addresses, etc etc etc. TBH I was 😯

OP did the ‘seller’ offer you post with no insurance specifically?

Edit – 240quid? 😯

****. I wish I could help you OP 🙁

dan1980
    Free Member

For the sake of a couple of quid, it definitely minimises the hassle in recovering funds..

When I bought a bike off someone who wanted me to use paypal gift, I offered to pay his end of the fees for using the full service. It gave me some protection in buying off him, and if he’d said no, I’d have walked away. It all worked out and the small extra cost to me was worth the piece of mind.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think Paypal is delighted with Gift payments. It must pay not to have to bother with disputes.

And if someone wants payments to one of several Paypal addresses, none of which have anything to do with thier name, it’s time to leave it.

The warnings signs were there; but that is an expensive lesson.

totalshell

surely its a theft.. obtaining goods by deception.. give the rozzers a call

soobalias
    Free Member

phone still working

is this resolved yet?

hora
    Free Member

I agree with totalshell and there’s no way I’d leave it.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Evening all. Lee Vickers here, I’d just like to disassociate my self from the ‘Richard’ and ‘Louise’ mentioned above, absolutely no connection at all!

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

firstly i wouldnt pay any money to somone called

‘Richard Oulad hadj ahmed’

sounds too simular to the bloke off phonejacker whos the nigerian “all i need is your bank details” 😯

second i really hope you get this sorted out as its a big risk buying second hand and buying online is allways risky but given i hope you had information about him it shouldnt be this bad.

out of interest does everyone here use normal paypal business ie non gift when they send money to people they dont know ie off forums??

I think the biggest put off is the fact you must pay a % of the total price compared to 0% if you gift it and 99.9% of all people today wont accept anything other than paypal gift.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I use ordinary paypal but put a couple of quid on to cover the fees – unless I am very confident of the person I am buying from

hammyuk
    Free Member

Unless I’ve dealt with the seller before on any of the dozen or so forums I use then REGARDLESS of what they want – I send it normally. If they either haven’t allowed for the charges or are too f*ckin lazy/tight then that’s their problem, not mine.
    Unless I happen to be at the PC then there isn’t even the option to “gift” a payment from the mobile app so again – it’s their problem.
    Maybe this should be a new classifieds rule – NO GIFT PAYMENTS.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Have you called him yet?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Unless I’ve dealt with the seller before on any of the dozen or so forums I use then REGARDLESS of what they want – I send it normally. If they either haven’t allowed for the charges or are too f*ckin lazy/tight then that’s their problem, not mine.

Remind me not to sell to you then. As the buyer, if you dont want to pay via gift payment, then cough up the extra money. Not the sellers problem, why should they lose out?

scaredypants

Unless I’ve dealt with the seller before on any of the dozen or so forums I use then REGARDLESS of what they want – I send it normally. If they either haven’t allowed for the charges or are too f*ckin lazy/tight then that’s their problem, not mine

not that much of a problem though, ignoring you ’til you pay in full 😉
    (somebody did it to me once – I sent off the stuff once he said he’d paid me, then found out he’d stiffed me for the charges. won’t be happening again)

hammyuk
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    Remind me not to sell to you then. As the buyer, if you dont want to pay via gift payment, then cough up the extra money. Not the sellers problem, why should they lose out?

I wouldn’t deal with you – simplez.

scaredypants
    not that much of a problem though, ignoring you ’til you pay in full
    (somebody did it to me once – I sent off the stuff once he said he’d paid me, then found out he’d stiffed me for the charges. won’t be happening again)

And I’d be recalling the payment from you.

As a seller – I expect a small charge for someone to receive the funds and then transfer them to me (whilst I don’t agree with how much they charge – at least I know I’m protected too if a “buyer” tries to pull the “I haven’t received my parcel” trick)
    The “gift” request just smacks of greediness to me personally – how about you go to work and do several hours overtime, but your boss won’t pay you as it’s a “gift”

scaredypants

If I buy with Ppal from a private seller I pay the charges

my understanding is that there’s little or nothing in it for seller in a private sale – even less than on ebay (where anecdotes on here suggest buyer almost always seems to win anyway)

How does paypal fight the “haven’t received parcel trick” then ?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Recorded delivery – if you don’t use it the the seller has no defence.
    If you do then the buyer has none.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I was going to agree with everything you said, but then you typed this!

simplez

As for the “not receiving my parcel” trick, send it recorded delivery.

scaredypants

recorded delivery

well, yeah – but I don’t see that being paypal working for me; it’s royal mail (and I have to pay extra for that too – I would factor that into my price)

Taff
    Free Member

Absolute shitter. Hope you get in contact somehow.

I still think we need some kind of seller rating function on here

iain1775
    Free Member

Maybe this should be a new classifieds rule – NO GIFT PAYMENTS.

That’s not a bad idea IMHO, at lest say for any transactions over a certain amount, or maybe unless users have personal details registered with the site (premier users for example are mag subscribers so the mods have their details)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How could it be enforced – just use common sense. Use paypal and add a couple of quid to cover fees or as agreed or use gift if you totally trust them / they have a long history thats OK

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

you wont be able to get personal details lined to this site as it doesnt have enough security to protect them enough to be honest.

on paypal it costs 3.4% for the seller to use paypal if the buyer uses the “non gift” selection so £3.40 per £100 with that £3.40 you are covered in a way as you are buying a service/product thus the protection is there though im not sure how protected though.

For me personally i think its the sellers issue with paying for paypal fees as they should account for this into their “asking price” and doing the old “if you wish to buy this use paypal gift otherwise include the relevent fees” is just taking the piss a bit.

Its the same as saying” buy from me using paypal gift so i get 100% of your cash and you have 0 protection if i screw you over”

End of the day you the one selling you should make it safe and secure for the buyer, its your responsibility as too is that it gets there.

thats the way distance selling regs are so why not use same method for second hand i say

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Member 'ruffriders' doens't send the wheelset I bought’ is closed to new replies.