Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Member 'ruffriders' doens't send the wheelset I bought
  • vleuning
    Free Member

Hi there,

I bought a Hope Pro2 / ZTR Flow wheelset from member ‘ruffriders’, but its now 1,5 month afther I made the payment and still didn’t recieved anything. What can I do?

meehaja
    Free Member

He’s not been on for 2 weeks, and seemed fairly regular prior to that. Do you have an email address for him?

If you look though his posts (a wanted ad particuarly) his mobile phone number is there…

edit: try bodyactive88@googlemail.com

renton
    Free Member

Pulls up a chair…….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How did you pay?

alfabus
    Free Member

you rang?

Liftman

Pitch fork and bombers time ……

neninja
    Free Member

If you’re lucky he’s legit but has been ill or something.

However he seems to have a split personality – he’s called Lee on his STW profile but then calls himself Rich on his wanted ads.

He’s eat-my-dirt on PinkBike and seems to be unsure where he lives – it’s N. Wales on here, Cheshire on his Pinkbike ads and Lancashire on his PB profile. Another user (thelumberjack) recently left the comment ‘Scam’ on his Pinkbike wall and a few days earlier had left ‘????????’ – it might be worth messaging him to see if he’s having similar problems.

He’s sold stuff on Ebay under the user name louisev6116 (in Chester)

Try messaging him through Ebay, Pinkbike and phoning his mobile.

ashfanman
    Free Member

However he seems to have a split personality – he’s called Lee on his STW profile but then calls himself Rich on his wanted ads.

He’s eat-my-dirt on PinkBike and seems to be unsure where he lives – it’s N. Wales on here, Cheshire on his Pinkbike ads and Lancashire on his PB profile. Another user (thelumberjack) recently left the comment ‘Scam’ on his Pinkbike wall and a few days earlier had left ‘????????’ – it might be worth messaging him to see if he’s having similar problems.

He’s sold stuff on Ebay under the user name louisev6116 (in Chester)

Try messaging him through Ebay, Pinkbike and phoning his mobile.

One more thing? 😀

vleuning
    Free Member

I paid by paypall as a gift, should never do that again.

I rang his number, didn’t picked up. I will try again later this evening

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Post his number up and we can all ring him.

sv

Rich 07791739395 from his wanted post.

sv

…and his mobile number throws this link up on Google:

http://jobvacanciesuk.co.uk/tag/security/page/5/

neninja
    Free Member

He’s also been selling on Ebay as santacruz-2011

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-cruz-butcher-2011-custom-build-/110757148672?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item19c9a3f800

How can he sell the wheels to you when he’d sold them with his bike?

Also he listed the Santa Cruz frame for sale on Pinkbike 2 days after he’d sold it on Ebay!!

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/956653/

I’m afraid it looks like he’s a scammer.

Bregante

[devils advocate] Or, he put a shill bid on the Butcher on EBay because he didn’t get the price he wanted, then split the bike and re-advertised on Pink Bike[/devils advocate]

Still piss poor though and I would be harassing the lousy piece of shit until I got a full refund. Plenty to go at from the posters above :P. Good luck!

neninja
    Free Member

He may have bought the Butcher off razzer on here – email him – tomshilvock (at) gmail (DOT) com

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-2011-santa-cruz-butcher

His for sale ads for the Butcher on Pinkbike and Ebay simply re-used razzer’s pictures and his frame ad on Pinkbike used pictures from a member in Boston on mtbr.com. It doesn’t look good.

thelumberjack posted the following on his frame for sale ad on Pinkbike in response to someone saying he wasn’t responding to emails – ‘He’s out of the country atm mate – hopefuly to be returning very soon – im not interested in the frame btw and as far as i know its unsold Wink’

vleuning
    Free Member

I just talked to him on the phone. He’s got a lot of excuses and told me it was my own risk. He says that will find out monday what the reason is why I didn’t recieve the wheels. He told me to call him monday again, then he should know more.

Stil I’m afraid I’m never gonna see the wheels……

Bregante

He says that will find out monday what the reason is why I didn’t recieve the wheels

So is he saying that he has posted them? If so, you want proof of postage. He should then be able to claim against the courier (up to a specified amount)

justatheory
    Free Member

Surely he should’ve sent them by recorded and insured delivery though?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its his risk not yours. teh contract is you pay him money he gives you wheels – you have done your part of th bargain.

Get as much info as you can on him – track down others he has scammed on other sites as above adnb pool knowledge. You might well be able to track down an address or get enough data to be worth going to the police

neninja
    Free Member

razzer on here might have an address as he probably sold him the wheels with the SC Butcher.

thelumberjack on Pinkbike would be worth contacting as well as he seems to have an interest in him.

Is anyone from Gill Bikes in Ulverston or Koo-Bikes in Plymouth a member on here as he bought bike kit from both of them on Ebay recently.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280728499066
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160669694127

Northwind

Incidentally, Pinkbike smite scammers with a big hammer, total IP bans if you’re caught- kind of hard to figure out who the appropriate admins are but stick it in the scammers thread. Once you’re convinced he’s a scammer obviously.

Also- sometimes STW people are a bit scary. There’s probably a queue of people outside his front door right now with a range of Bombers from 888s to Z1s, and some of the more enterprising ones will have figured out how to set them on fire.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Also- sometimes STW people are a bit scary. There’s probably a queue of people outside his front door right now with a range of Bombers from 888s to Z1s, and some of the more enterprising ones will have figured out how to set them on fire.

😆

LOL for the scary bit. Also sometimes – they’re pretty awesome.

Sadly – I suspect the “call back Monday” means – “give me a day or two to get a new mobile number”.

I do hope you get it sorted.

Also someone remind me to never piss neninja off. You do know MI5 are recruiting folk with those skills? Proper impressed you made the effort.

Mugboo

Top work guys. We found an address yet?

Trekster

he’s called Lee on his STW profile

Sounds familiar
    There was a scammer on here and bikemagic some years ago and I am sure he went by the name of “Lee” something or other. Very similar operating style.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It must be him, then.

Anyone called Lee should be banned.

gunny
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of the possible scam, although it looks like he is a scammer.
    This sort of thing is what puts new folk like me, off buying on forums.

yossarian
    Free Member

I remember getting ripped off on eBay a few years back. I posted up on here asking if anyone was from the town the bloke was from. By the next evening I was able to send the shitebag a photo of his own front door 🙂

Don’t mess with STW, our arm is long.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    …By the next evening I was able to send the shitebag a photo of his own front door

Reckon the bloke knows what is own front door looks like.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Reckon the bloke knows what is own front door looks like.

😆

yossarian
    Free Member

Shit, hadn’t thought of that

BASTARDO

iain1775
    Free Member

Ah but did he know where it was?
    Sounds unfortunate OP but looks like you have been done
    It’s still a pretty rare occurance though I’ve bought and sold loads through here with no problems, most people here are great and go out of their way to help

ruffrider

I’d just like to point out before the lynch mob arrives I am not this person.
    cheers
    David aka ruffrider(not ruffriders)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d just like to point out before the lynch mob arrives I am not this person.

I suggest that you post a photos of yourself not holding the wheels that don’t exist to prove you’re not ruffriders. Or something like that….. 😉

oldgrump08
    Free Member

ruffrider – Show us your front door.

What is it with doors here???

Woody
    Free Member

Anyone called Lee should be banned.

That’ll be one mod job up for grabs then 😉

ruffrider

I suggest that you post a photos of yourself not holding the wheels that don’t exist to prove you’re not ruffriders. Or something like that…..

I fear that may only serve as proof that I am the perpetrator of this missing wheel scam….

I feel I should point out that ruffriders name does point to mental health issues or criminality, implying as it does, multiple personalities…

neninja
    Free Member

Also someone remind me to never piss neninja off. You do know MI5 are recruiting folk with those skills? Proper impressed you made the effort.

😳

Just hate seeing people cheated like this. Shame we don’t have a surname as that makes it much easier.

revs1972
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few things off here and have fortunately have had good experiences.
    If PayPal gift is being asked for I just add 3% to the value and pay by normal PayPal.
    Not a lot to pay for the “insurance” of getting ur money back in the case of a rogue scammer

Konastoner
    Free Member

+1 Revs, I use this – Paypal Calc and never now pay by gift.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’ve been chuckling about that front door retort all morning for some reason 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Member 'ruffriders' doens't send the wheelset I bought’ is closed to new replies.