• This topic has 109 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ton.
Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Mad Friday… what you up to then?
  • Klunk
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmm now eating freshly baked mince pies

senorj

Lol @ bikebuoy
    Tomhoward is bob cratchit and I claim my £5 &
    I hope you have a quiet shift monkeysfeet.

binners

@monkeysfeet to be honest Whitehaven was all very good natured. It’s just how unbelievably pished everyone was – literally keeling over sideways everywhere. And obviously, being the ‘proper’ north everyone was in just t-shirts despite it being about -5, with a gale howling in off the sea 😂

Hope it all goes well tonight

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Putting a newspaper together right now but at 6 I’ll wander down to my local for literally just the one. Well OK maybe 2.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pubs to trial professional lanes

Damm right!!

@monkeysfeet
    you getting all the big boys city gear on tonight, those riot shields will need a dusting off 😉

@mrchrispty good choice, hopefully they don’t run out of stuff this week!! Track are having a magic rock thing this evening too so lots of good beer to be had

Edukator
    Free Member

Rode a horse wearing a really bright yellow ski jacket (me not the horse) through a forest full of French hunters and now I’m typing this to prove I survived.

johndoh
    Free Member

Working until 5.30 (we decided against letting people finish early as we gave Christmas Eve as a free holiday) then straight home to change ready to go out in Harrogate with a big group of friends + partners. Getting to the sort of age that this sort of thing only happens once a year so looking forward to catching up and I intend having a few G&Ts and cocktails rather than be my normal tight self and just drink pints.

arrpee
    Free Member

Playing kitchen-gimp/DJ, while my wife hosts 9 of her pissed-up female work pals.

I feel I dealt with it admirably last year, particularly when the drunkest of them began explaining that she lived her life in accordance with The Secret.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ve run out of Limes 😳🤮💩

How In earth are we going to cope ???

😵🤦‍♂️

pennine
    Free Member

Went for a wet ride around the local woods

bruk

Waited in most of the day for plumber to show up and replace the heat exchanger in my boiler so I can be warm again. Went kaput on Sunday but couldn’t get time off till later this week. He’s still working on it!

Was meant to WFH but BT Openreach have failed to move the cable to my house when they installed a new cabinet. Means I’ve gone form having broadband at 1-2 meg to not having fibre at 25 meg or even the usual rubbish 1-2. Not going to be sorted till after Xmas now.

Still heading out for a curry and a pint or 2 when the plumber finishes.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I got some proper study in.

One of the last people out of the uni carpark

Its cocktail time.

Houns

Top day chopping wood, just devoured first Chinese takeaway of the year and found that the shop next door to the takeaway is selling this, 3 bottles for £5, cheers!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll be honest I’m currently shitting myself as we’ve been ordered out as dear daughter is having 19 mates over. I hope to **** they don’t let me down. So Mrs ws and I are off for some black eye Friday action down in belper…

singlespeedstu

Houns.
    I’m disappointed I didn’t see you in the woods with your chopper in hand today.
    Made up for it by finding this new line though.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2cjdjfD]Found a new line in the woods[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Will be getting some pints of Special down my neck tomorrow too.

Houns

Oh the erosion! We stayed near the yard by the back of the scout camp

singlespeedstu

I caused the big ruts in the sandstone by just looking at it while sat on an Ebike.🤣

winston
    Free Member
    Edukator
    Free Member

Having survived the hunters we headed into town where once we’d been strip searched (had our bags checked) we were treated to an excellent celtic rock band and firework display before the headline band. I knew things weren’t going to be good when they opened with heavy keyboards – there were no keyboards on stage. A mate asked for confirmation they were singing in English and if I could understand what they were singing; yes, no. Back home now, they don’t sound any more inspiring from here. Some amusing things on TV, I think we’ll stay in, Madame has asked if I mind if she opens the Porto, there’s a proper cork in it apparently, I better go help.

Edit: too late, I shouldn’t have finished typing the sentence. There are bits of cork all around the bottle, Madame has two fingers wrapped in tissue, blood on the corkscrew and it looks like I’ll have to finish making dinner.

garage-dweller

Best part of four hours in the car plus four hours work in the middle. Dodging the odd bladdered Friday driver and the usual creative lane discipline on the M25 while nursing a snotty nose.

Living the dream!

Now watching Home Alone with the kids. Quality slapstick!

CheesybeanZ

Attending my oldest friends funeral .

freeagent
    Free Member

We’re staying at a theme park in Holland called Efteling.
    It’s 10.30 local time, wife and kids all fast asleep and I won’t be far behind.

jsync

Efteling, the one with the big dragon and funny coloured birds by some fountains? I went there when I was 3!

TomB

Ahhh, Whitehaven- when I first started ambulancing I remember heading to a full on bar brawl in the town centre on black eye friday, chairs being thrown, someone had been glassed etc. It was 2:30 in the afternoon!

sirromj

Works do tonight. Now watching Taken 2. Half way between main and desert had urge to get fresh air and sat on harbour steps getting cold for a few minutes. After restaurant went to boozer for delightful karaoke. One of the bosses took over went for his go to oasis and I took the opportunity to slide away. Found more steps on beach and wondered why I found myself feeling more comfortable there instead, before heading home for a cup of tea.

handybar
    Free Member

Listening to Van Morrison at home. I popped into the pub on the way back and immediately felt sorry for the staff, it’s almost a full-moon and looked like there were a bunch of mad ones pre-loading for a big friday.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Just got home, turns out that the Christmas Party that I was playing was a bunch of farmers….farmers are frigging mental, and good lord they can drink (and that’s coming from a musician, we’re all pissheads!)

No major dramas though, spilled pint over my kit once I’d packed up, but no harm done.

Bregante

Well mad Friday lived up to its name. Finished at 11pm but was on call and got a phone call at 1.45am. Couldn’t get back to sleep after managing to sort things out over the phone so went to asda and sorted the shopping out at 3.30 am. Currently sat on the sofa in a vegetative state hoping I don’t have to go into work later.

theotherjonv

One of the bosses took over went for his go to oasis and I took the opportunity to slide away.

Image result for sniggering picard

ton

mad friday came and went, smoothly.
    12 pints of fine pale ale, 1 double rhubarb gin and a turkish mixed kebab saw a good night was had.

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Mad Friday… what you up to then?’ is closed to new replies.