• This topic has 109 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Mad Friday… what you up to then?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Surfing pron, then Waitrose for food shopping, then pealing cardboard off floors (protective layers over the heated tiles which we’ve had on since it’s been layed) then a small party gathering which will involve  a handful of kids and (not so young kids) where we will be serving fish finger sandwiches, chips, chocolate ice cream and listening to some very odd “youth” music.

Once they’ve all gone home, I shall play my guitar.

funkmasterp

Group PT session and then home

#hardlivin

nixie

Work then hope wife is well enough to look after children this evening. Then hopefully

Mauritian food & a drink or two ten with riding buddies.

with Mattbee (and others)

pondo

Couple of hours faffung on site, 200 mile drive home, all-you-can-eat Japanese and beer. 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Currently listening to the In-house office cynical Gammon singing along to the worst kind of cheesy xmas shit music “one more sleeeeeeeep”. This is infinitely worse than his usual “It’s just common sense” rants. He’s usually just misery to be near, but this is infinitely worse.

Anyway, those **** (it’s a different company we share an office with) are too tight to pay for an Office Party so they’re not out tonight.

We are, and I’m looking forward to it, nice bar / restaurant, tablet service AND it’s a short stagger from my house. Youngest has a Gymnastics event first thing so I’ll be woken at 06:45 usual, but then everyone is out until midday so I’ve got half a chance to recover.

My new drinkin’ MO is to have 3 pints, not at the same time, then I’ll be pretty pished, then drink soft drinks until I feel myself sober up a bit, another pint and so on, tip-toeing my way between drunk / sober so I’ve okay to drive home (kidding) so I don’t feel like death tomorrow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve done Whitehaven and the more restrained Cockermouth Mad Friday, this year pub lunch and packing followed by hopefully a nice tap takeover at Track

lunge

Work until 3pm ish, a beer or 2 with the team then off home I think. May sneak to the pub later but certainly won’t be out out.

tomhoward

Busiest day of the year at work today. (according to my boss, the reason I couldn’t take it as holiday) I’m sceptical, given the one enquiry I got yesterday, and my previous 10 years experience…

Oddly, it will be equally busy on 24th and 31st apparently too.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My new drinkin’ MO is to have 3 pints, not at the same time, then I’ll be pretty pished, then drink soft drinks until I feel myself sober up a bit, another pint and so on, tip-toeing my way between drunk / sober.

Good luck with that 🙂

I’ve tried and failed soooo many times

Spud

Working at home so I could do the school drop offs and collects, drop MrsSpudH off at tram and generally avoid anything festive in the office. Managed to get Monday off too which is a nice bonus.

steve_b77
    Free Member

WFH FTW, but can’t ride as the wife is off to her Great Uncle’s funeral and I’ve got to look after mini-me No.3 then collect No.1 & 2 from school later on, the weather is also shite

fasthaggis

Boozy Xmas lunch, then head home before the amateur drinkers get up to full speed.

Drac

Shopping but may sneak a pint.

takisawa2

In work at 6:30. Trying (badly) to look busy at work.
    Just treated my team to a greasy sarnie.
    24 Crispy Cream’s have also just appeared, with tins of shortbread.

Finish about 12, haircut, pick up one of the Wife’s presents, walk the dog, pick kids up from School, cook tea, drop kids at Scouts, join other Leaders for a few drinks, bed. Done.

senorj

I might pick up some coke & hookers whilst on my cycle later.
    😉
    Happy 50th to harry the spider.

thenorthwind

Not feeling much Christmas cheer this morning.
    Posted my Christmas cards, the day after last posting.
    Damp commute.
    Bought bacon sarnies for me and the lady I share an office with – only two of us in. Felt better.
    Probably sneak off early for a pint and a toasty in the pub.
    Buy some more Christmas cards for neighbours.
    Early night – get up at 4 or 5 and ride to a hill to watch the solstice sunrise (tomorrow’s is closer than today’s).

scotroutes

Bivvy night with @metalheart.

bob_summers

OP, Black Eye Friday surely? It was in Barra at least, when ship yard clocked off.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Sat in the office clock watching,keeping as far away as possible from the crowds and works pub culture,wondering on a scale from 1-10 how muddy i can get once im out on the bike later ,. I hoping for at least a 7

Bregante

Working until 11pm and then on call all weekend so no beer here.

Happy birthday HtS. Sorry I can’t make it for the reasons above.

jimdubleyou

I’m in the office. In the 11 desks near me, I am the only one in. Boss is WFH and off this afternoon. Might go for a long lunch.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Am out for a few this evening, nothing too mad… </span>

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whew, Waitrose was “mental”, there was your typical Mr & Mrs #immorwimportantthanyougetoutofmywaypleb & #mumandkidinatrollywith7bottlesofproseccoandacheesesandwich & #elegantoldladylookingforafridaynightdate

So, here is a time to relax me and hopefully some of you too..

Its awesome, needs playing very loud👍👍👍👍🎉

jonnyrobertson

Alarm went off at 23:45 last night for a 01:05 start. Got to work, job cancelled, agreed to cover a job from 04:22 until 13:11. Will get home, tidy the place as it’s a dump and take the little one out in the pram and give mother a break. Then pick eldest up from nursery, chuck something down me, have a shower and get to bed as early as I can before another 23:45 alarm. I know how to live, me.

slowoldman

Home for Friday EFL.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m playing at a Christmas Party in Nantwich…..I think that we’re just playing whilst they eat, so hopefully it wont be too crazy! Before that, im currently waiting for the estate agent to come around for a valuation of our house….potentially need to start my shopping too!

soobalias
    Free Member

lemsip
    paracetamol
    antibiotics
    corvonia
    paracetamol & caffeine (bought by mistake, note to self – dont double drop when you plan on sleeping)
    beechams honey, lemon and menthol (bought by mistake, eeeeuch)

woo-yeh

ton

and I thought this place was full of older blokes who liked a pint or 2.

what a miserable boring set of old farts……….. ;o)

yoshimi

I’m here in work in body only – having a buffet at 1:30 in the boardroom (better than it sounds as all prepared by Breda Murphy) then meeting the misses for a pub meal and a few beers – followed by fitting a Reverb 1x remote – then a christmas film, beers and many varieties of cheese – let the indulgence begin

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Slightly hungover. Housework with occasional naps. Homemade curry and a couple of glasses of wine later, if I can be arsed. Otherwise it’s After Eights and crisps.

fettlin

Just finished a half day at the office, unfortunately got a funeral to go to this afternoon.

Drinking will commence in due course….

sarawak
    Free Member

I was once given a promotion to Whitehaven. Job fell through for admin reasons but after spending a week up there looking for a house and sounding out the area I was glad to escape.

mossimus
    Free Member

Picking kids up from school shortly then heading to see friends in south oxfordshire, hopefully be in the village pub by 5, hopefully not be leaving until gone 2.

wind-bag
    Free Member

Mad Friday seems to be a recent term, always known it as Black Eye Friday…local press even mention it as such.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17311096.cumbria-police-issue-black-eye-friday-warning/

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@ Binners, I will be Policing Whitehaven and the surrounding areas….

hedley
    Free Member

Finalising a customers migration from one virtual server Cloud provider to another.

That’s new Active Directory domain, Domain Controllers, Exchange server etc etc.

Culmination of a year of planning.

fingerbang
    Free Member

going out with work mates when office closes at 3pm, then after a skinful will get train home. 2.5 hours it will take when I usually drive in less than an hour. Northern Rail you legends

back in my twenties mad Friday was great, local pub crawl then into our local club. Miss those days. Now ill be getting up at 6ish when our boy likes to get up

timraven

I run a pub, so working and trying to walk that line between everyone having a good time and them all turning into bellends. Thankfully we’re generally more civilised in Bath, not always though unfortunately.

Have fun all, drink responsibly and it’s not often I say that

rone

Driving up to Scotland to carry on shooting a documentary about Frightened Rabbit/related acts.

Crazy schedule.

richmars

Usual Friday, cycle to work, work, cycle home. cheese on toast, fall asleep on the sofa in front of the fire and TV.

mrchrispy

leaving work soon and (hopefully) avoiding the usual the mad friday muppetry and hitting some of the more crafty establishments in the northern/green quarter, final destination is cloudwater.

happy birthday hts

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Mad Friday… what you up to then?’ is closed to new replies.