Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • M8000 Derailleur slack chain
  • slowboydickie

I just put on an old m8000 mech on my bike and the chain is saggy. The chain is sized correctly. It looks like the mech isn’t pulling back all the way to take up the slack. If I push the hanger back it will take up the slack but as soon as I change up and back down again the same problem re-occurs.

Is this a known problem? Is there anything that can be fettled?

Cheers,
    Rich

timbur
    Free Member

Clean and oil it?

tomaso
    Free Member

Did my sticky clutch this morning. 2mm Allen key to remove 3 bolts holding clutch cover. Remove clutch, clean and regreáse. My steel clamp/band on the cluch was quite corroded and I cleaned it up with some wire wool. Now ut is nice and slick, not slack.

antares
    Free Member

Mine did the same out on a ride last week, cleaned it up when I got home and plenty of gt85 while moving the cage back and forth till it freed up

slowboydickie

Thanks fellas, will have a fiddle

devash
    Free Member

Just a quick thread hijack – does spraying GT85 onto a clutch mech affect the clutch in any way? I’ve had the same issue as the OP in the past and don’t want to think that my liberal use of GT85 will weaken the clutch in any way.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Are you sure that you have the little tab on the mech in the step on the mech hanger , get that wrong and you will get the same symptoms as you are having .

jamcorse

That happened to my 875 mech last week. I took the cage off, turns out that the spring was rusty and bent. Cleaned it all a bit, went some way to getting the spring right again with some pliers, greased it all and set the spring in the second hole (more tension) in the cage, works perfectly now.

Gilles

Wow it must be a sign of god – I just found the same doc that qwerty is referring to like 5min ago. I didn’t know step 3 and 4 on page 20 and 21. I’ve learnt something. Step 3 on page 24 make me wonder if i can replace a broken plate with an old one not broken and have a new working rear mech.

honourablegeorge

Greasing a clutch doesn’t sound lie a good plan.

Mech stop was what I thought of too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘M8000 Derailleur slack chain’ is closed to new replies.