• This topic has 97 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Epic.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Ludlow/Mortimer Forest/Bringewood STW Forum Ride – Any one?
  • MicArms

Big thanks too from the ‘Clent duffers massiv’, Epic. Hangover still going strong at the mo. Really good riding, would be nice to ride there again , possibly in the dry, and sober!

shinsplints

Sounds like you all had a good time.Sorry I couldn’t represent the Bridgnorth massive.Hope to catch you on the next one maybe.

Epic
    Free Member

You can’t beat a bid of slimey mud, horizontal rain and 20mph winds to spice up your usual ride 😈

That said, can I have my dry summer back now please?

singlespeedstu

Dry trails are over rated any way.

The off camber bits and switch backs in the wet are much more fun.

Give us a shout when you want a spin round Clent/Kinver and I can return the favour.

votchy
    Free Member

Ben,

great ride yesterday, really enjoyed it, another offer if you fancy Clent some time. Interesting journey back, missed the A456 and ended up coming back over Bromyard downs, Mick and his hangover not much good as navigators 😉

Bikes almost spot less when we got home so the rain wasn’t too bad 😀

Dibs
    Free Member

Yeh great ride, many thanks for sorting it out Ben. I really should get round to cleaning the bike now.

Epic
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

Might plan a longer Ludlow ride in a few weeks time if anyone’s interested. Same start location at Vinnalls, heading out through Mortimer Forest singletrack and then further over to the trails on Brircher Common and Croft Ambrey (an Iron age fort), then back to the Mortimer. Nice cafe lunch enroute at Croft too (they do a good Ploughman’s and serve Wigmore Cider) 🙂

Anyone interested? I’ll try and book better weather this time 😉

singlespeedstu

Yep, Amanda and myself will be up for that.

MicArms

Ben,
    will try and make it, but will be in the working weekends part of my shift pattern in June.

Epic
    Free Member

Ah! I see the mix of alcohol & riding combined was too tempting 😉

What ever suits you guys. Was thinking either Sunday 1st or Sunday 7th June. After that I have Rough Ride, then I’m off to Morzine. Or we can make it a Sunday in July if you prefer.

Alternatively I can do in in June AND and July. It’s my fav local big ride. That and i like Wigmore Cider!

shinsplints

Sunday 7th would be good for me (my weekend “off”),I’d be up for it,with a couple of others too.

Epic
    Free Member

Ok, 7th sound good then.

Anyone else interested just post on this thread, and I’ll keep you updated on times/places closer to the time.

🙂

shinsplints

Excellent – will spread the word amongst the Shropshire massiv !

shinsplints

Just thought I’d bump this up.

singlespeedstu

We can’t make the 7th as we’ll be at SSUK.

Maybe next time then for us.

Epic
    Free Member

Ok Stu. I’ll still do this for the 7th June, but will also organize the same again in July anyway.

Is there a date in July that will suit you guys? I rarely do enduro’s or races, so never pay attention to the dates you see!

jimster
    Free Member

Ok if I tag along for the July date so long as it isn’t the 18th?

I’ll try and bring a couple of others along too if that’s ok.

singlespeedstu

Sounds good to me Ben.

When you coming over our way so we can return the favour then? 😉

Epic
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll do a Mortimer-Bircher-Croft ride on the 7th June for those interested and then how does Sunday 5th July sound to everyone for the same again?

Stu, I’m planning an easy ride around the Wyre this Monday morning if you or anyone else if free? About 10am from the Duke?

Ben

jimster
    Free Member

5th July sounds ideal.

Wouldn’t mind doing Monday too, but Mrs J has granted one pass out this weekend, two would be pushing it.

singlespeedstu

Ben.

We might not make the 5th as it’s the day after we get back from Verbier.

Cant make Monday either as we’re in wales innit.

Not doing very well at this am I. 😕

Epic
    Free Member

Stu, probabaly best you give me a suitable July date then!

The only July date I can’t do is 12th, as we’re running the Devil Ride sportive roadie event that Sunday.

What can you do?

singlespeedstu

Not got anything planned from the 11th onwards.

Yet……. 😉

Epic
    Free Member

Stu, 26th July is probably best then? Or are you washing your hair that day? 😉

singlespeedstu

Not washing my hair.

But i might be having my nails done…. 8)

Epic
    Free Member

Cancel Sunday morning in the Wyre. Just had a better offer in the Brecons from Muddypuddle 🙂

Epic
    Free Member

Oops! Meant to say cancel my MONDAY ride in Wyre. Damn this clogged up hayfever head…

shinsplints

I’ll be there on the 7th for sure plus probably another 2.

Epic
    Free Member

Nice one shinsplints, I’m looking forward to this one. It’s my favourite local ride (and not just ‘cos there’s lunch/cider enroute!)

I’ll keep you informed through this thread.

Ben

singlespeedstu

Ben.

We’re stopping near talgarth this weekend.

Maybe we could join your brecon ride on monday?

singlespeedstu

cheers.

You got a multimap thingy so I can find the car park without getting lost in the ghetto of brecon?

Epic
    Free Member

Stu, I’ll be there with Muddypuddle, so see you guys there.

singlespeedstu

Ben
    just mailed you my number.

singlespeedstu

Ta.

See you guys there.

Dibs
    Free Member

I’m up for some more mortimer forest action Ben, can’t make the 7th though its the day after Bristol.

Epic
    Free Member

Dave, are you free for my Mortimer-Bircher-Croft ride on 6th July? Should be a good one with a nice cafe stop for lunch 🙂

If not, then I’m repeating the ride on the 26th July by the looks of it (if Stu’s nails have dried 😉 )

Epic
    Free Member

Sorry Dave, that should read 5th July I’m now organizing STW rides for the same route on 3 occassions 😯

shinsplints

Cool,cheers Ben.Just got back from a ride up the Wrekin in the dark.Awesome 😀 Descent down Grovellers Bank was fun.

jimster
    Free Member

There will be three of us for the 5th July……..

atm, bound to get fewer as the weeks go by.

Epic
    Free Member

For anyone wanting to do the Mortimer/Bircher/Croft/Mortimer ride on Sunday 7th June, I’m planning on a 9.30am start from the High Vinnalls carpark of the Mortimer Forest. Keep an eye out here for comfirmation this Friday/Saturday, but unless the heavens dump the Atlantic on Ludlow I’m game on. I will also run this same ride again on both Sunday 5th July and Sunday 26th July for those who can’t make it on the 7th June.

There will be a cafe stop at Croft for a snack/lunch, or you can bring sarnies. The cafe isn’t cheap as it’s Nat Trust but it’s all good stuff.

The ride itself won’t be fast, as I’m a firm believer in the pace of the slowest rider (usually me!), but there will be a good mix of technical singletrack, fireroads, cheeky trail and some back lane. Come self sufficient!

Directions to carpark: From Ludlow head south out of town on the B4361, take the 1st turning on the right just over the bridge after the Charlton Arms. High Vinnalls car park is about 2.5 miles up & over this road towards Wigmore. OS Grid Reference: SO474731.

If you need to ask any questions email me at: benwilliams70ATgooglemailDOTcom

See you on the 7th June!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Ludlow/Mortimer Forest/Bringewood STW Forum Ride – Any one?’ is closed to new replies.