• This topic has 97 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Epic.
Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Ludlow/Mortimer Forest/Bringewood STW Forum Ride – Any one?
  • Epic
    Free Member

I’ve just been checking Sunday’s weather and it doesn’t look too great 🙁

At the moment the weather men are unsure quite how much rain will be falling on Ludlow come Sunday morning, but it look like alot! So I propose checking again on Saturday when they make their minds up, then I’ll post again to confirm the ride is still on.

As it stands I’ll still be doing the ride, but some folks may find this ride very hard going in the wet. I know I do!

Ben

RoterStern
    Free Member

Just got back from a ride up the Wrekin in the dark.Awesome Descent down Grovellers Bank was fun.
    You based in Telford then shinsplits?

Epic
    Free Member

OK, I’m game on, so are a few more locals, so lets have a roll call please! Who’s else wants to tag along this Sunday 7th?

I can confirm it will be a 9.30am start from High Vinnalls car park. Ride will include the cafe stop at Croft. If the rain doesn’t spoil it there will also be some tidy views from both the top of the High Vinnals and Croft Ambrey, so pack your camera! 😉

MicArms

Epic, on nights saturday so count me out for this one.

Epic
    Free Member

Boo to work!

zangolin
    Free Member

Epic – If it’s not raining in Hereford tomorrow morning I will hopefully make it over to High Vinnals for 9.30am.

I presume you have had as much rain as we have had today?

Epic
    Free Member

Zangolin, we’ve certainly had some rain – about 10 hours solid I reckon! I can see some comic moments coming on the muddy trails in the morning 😉

Hopefully see you at 9.30 in the morning!

Any more takers?

zangolin
    Free Member

Epic – just too much persistent rain in Hereford this morning 😥
    I’ll just head out to our local trails at Westwood/Haugh Wood + get covered in **** later on today – when it stops raining of course 😈

Epic
    Free Member

Zangolin, it was pretty aweful here at 9.30, but it stopped raining by 10.30 and the sun even showed by lunch time. Just me and Edward showed – we’re hard core lads you see 😈

Had a crackin’ ride over to Croft, though the cafe was out of my favourite Wigmore Cider so I had to make do with a cup of tea. Not so hard core afterall 🙁 .

The trails weren’t anywhere near as muddy as I thought they’d be, so there weren’t even any Giraffe on ice moments. Views from Croft iron age fort were fab, as was the view from the top of the Vinnalls near the end of the ride.

Boo to the slackers, you missed a tidy ride!

I’m running the same ride again on Sunday 5th July. The sunshine has been pre-ordered 😀

jimster
    Free Member

The sunshine has been pre-ordered

I’ll pack the Gore-Tex then. 😕

jimster
    Free Member

Epic, how long a ride time are we looking at roughly?

Epic
    Free Member

Hi Jimster!

About 4.5 hrs if the weather is good 8) If not then 3.5hrs max.

I’m aiming for a 9.30am start on Sunday 5th from High Vinnalls carpark as previously described. The mileage on this ride isn’t too high, and average speed will be low due to the mix of terrain. Cracking singletrack will be on offer, as well as good views of Herefordshire/Mid-Wales/Welsh Marches and a good cafe stop en route too.

Just so other folks know: I’m away in France from 25th to 30th, so will be out of touch with this thread, but come rain or shine I’ll still be doing this ride on the 5th. Everyone is welcome – more the better!

I’ll post again in the days before the ride.

Ben 😉

Dibs
    Free Member

I’m planning to come along for this one Ben

Cheers

Dibs

jimster
    Free Member

There will be three of us for the 5th July……..

atm, bound to get fewer as the weeks go by.

As predicted, somethings cropped up for all of us – will try and arrange to get over for the 26th. 😥

Epic
    Free Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE – 5th July ride cancelled!

Sorry about the short notice but afraid I’m going to have to cancel this weekend’s ride on 5th July as my mother’s just had a stroke while I was in Morzine. She’s ok, but I need to be on close hand incase there are any complications.

Will re-organise something soon.

Ben

jimster
    Free Member

Hope all goes well.

Dibs
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Ben, hope everythings ok!

Epic
    Free Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE – RIDE CANCELLED(Again!)
    I'm going to have to cancel this Sunday's(26th) ride. My new girlfriend has contracted swine flu, and I'm now suffering from aches and temperature too, so not going to be riding a bike any time soon 🙁

I'm starting to think this Ludlow forum ride is cursed. Sorry guys!

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Ludlow/Mortimer Forest/Bringewood STW Forum Ride – Any one?’ is closed to new replies.