Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • Line of Duty New Series
  • twistedpencil

Well it does appear that the Midlands police force is now purely recruiting female officers in this series so that’ll make sense 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Precisement.

H is just a pseudonym, the evil twin version of M from Bond, could be anyone, man, woman, leprechaun.

brakes
    Free Member

It’s definately Roisin Hastings.

Caher

I’m new to this series so haven’t watched previously, seems ok but seems to be trying hard to confuse towards a big reveal. But anyway I’ve worked out that H is neither a lady or man as H is Hooch. One time partner of Turner.

funkmasterp

There’ll be a clue on the laptop that leads Kate and Steve to Butlins. It’s been the fella from Steps all along!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Top tip.

“Bent copper”

Take a drink.

“Bent”

Take a shot.

Its going to be a rough bankholiday monday

martinhutch

‘OCG’ – One shot
    ‘Fella’ – One shot
    ‘Gaffer’ – One shot
    ‘Regs’ – One shot

Alcohol poisoning by 9.30, I reckon.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah that’d work too.

“Reg 15”

Thats got to be drink everything on the table.

funkmasterp

Christ! I’d be unconscious before the ‘Previously on Line of Duty’ bit was finished.

spawnofyorkshire

I feel a bit let down by that. Was good, but no end of series 3

martinhutch

I thought it was a complete jumbled, badly acted, boring mess. The whole series has been The Bill meets Holby City. Directed by Michelle out of Eastenders, so I guess that’s predictable.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Thank you, Tina😁
    Ted was always too hapless and skint to be H. Can’t help but thinking that if the OCG concentrated on legal things and worked just as hard they would be doing pretty blooming well. Sleeper cell in the police! 4 top end bent coppers and minions at all the ranks. Sounds a bit spendy on the payroll to me. Still enjoyed watching though.

retro83
    Free Member

martinhutch

I thought it was a complete jumbled, badly acted, boring mess. The whole series has been The Bill meets Holby City. Directed by Michelle out of Eastenders, so I guess that’s predictable.

Stop making a tit of yourself and piss off

TheDTs
    Free Member

😁😀@ retro

colournoise

retro83

Chapeau.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That was just awful.

Best bit was when it finished and the snippet of Killing Eve came on.

martinhutch

🙂

That was the standout moment of the episode for me!

Hang on, look at my hand, I’m sending you an angry response in morse code! Or maybe sign language.

dannyh
    Free Member

I quite like Line of Duty, but series six needs a change of step for me. Perhaps going back to a lower level like the original series, perhaps?

I must admit, near the end, I did think it was possible that Ted would end up saying to Steve in a husky voice “No, wee fella, I AM YOUR FATHER”.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Hang on, look at my hand, I’m sending you an angry response in morse code! Or maybe sign language.

And I’m interpreting your four twitches and correctly extrapolating a massively complex message out of it ‘Lassie’ style with some certainty.

martinhutch

What’s that Lassie? H is stuck down a well? 🙂

I can still remember just how tense the interview scenes were in previous series. I nearly dropped off during 20 minutes of ‘Mother of God, I’m not bent!’

johnners
    Free Member

What a load of rubbish. By far the weakest season of LoD topped off with a “feature length” dullathon. Bring back the good old days when half the armed officers in the building turn out to be working for the OCG, or someone makes a 200m shot at a traversing target while running full pelt.

If anyone wants Jed’s finest hour(s), both series of Bodies are still on iPlayer. 15 years old and as gripping as ever.

funkmasterp

What a load of rubbish. By far the weakest season of LoD topped off with a “feature length” dullathon

Sums it up well for me. Series 3 was definately the peak.

timbog160

I enjoyed it, but yes still the weakest series. But you’d be hard pushed to beat the roller coaster that was series 3! Series 6 is going to be a very big ask!!

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Agree, a weak series this one.
    It finished all too abruptly

brakes
    Free Member

So what was on Ted’s laptop? I don’t believe it was pron.
    And when Ted left, with the way he said goodbye to Kate and Steve I was sure he was going to get tapped on the way out.
    What would be great is if they released an alternative ending, maybe where Ted goes out in a blaze of glory saving Carmichael on the way.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Dull Dull Dull. K fell asleep, i was just glad when it ended. It’s a real achievement to have stopped me caring about any of the characters or what happened to them.

This was definitely the highlight scene for me though –

https://twitter.com/Williamandrews/status/1125690718712995840/video/1?fbclid=IwAR2QmfF8ERkFGOsjq4Mzqm0e-5czgFinfr1Y6FXgZiq50IlnHKx2SS5bcts

dove1

The whole series has been a disjointed disappointment. Too many plot jumps and a rubbish ending.
    I really hope series 6 gets back on track.

DezB
    Free Member

So you all kept watching, in the hope it would actually get good eh? lOLz 😀

jimmy

Did the budget just run out?

“sorry lads, we gotta use this one room for the final episode”.
    “what about the Heat style street stand-off and shoot out?”
    “sorry lads”

funkmasterp

How did Jill get witness protection? All the OCG (bar the kid) are dead or also in witness protection and the only surviving member of project H Morse code is still knocking about. WTF did she have to offer them?

brakes
    Free Member

WTF did she have to offer them?

Dirt. Both of the information type and the type she gave to Ted in the Travelodge.

You may be interested to know that Susan Tully aka Michelle Faaahhhhler from Eastenders glory days directed the last few episodes of LoD5.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Weak IMO. S1 the best.

Anyways, had Tina succeeded in killing Gill, would she have coveted it as an attack by Gill? Could the OCG have broken her out had that failed? Would she have had enough dirt on them for them to bother?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

All the OCG (bar the kid) are dead

Did I blink and miss that, because I thought they were all arrested and in the nick, after Hastings was recovered.

I’d presume they were not the only OCG cell.

Anyway.

What a naff ending. I is disappoint. Jill was not a large enough part of the story for this to be a good twist. The same “urgent exit” thing? Jill STILL HAVING the same incriminating burner phone IN HER POCKET DURING THE INTERVIEW? She is supposed to be clever. Not thick as pigs.

Lisa was underused as a character. Nothing was made of her being seemingly horrified after John’s death etc.

The ‘Hastings has enough time to learn the spelling mistakes’, really?

Script was massively clunky, especially so the dialogue.

“any chance it could be coincidence?”
    “no”
    scene ends.

4/10

First few episodes were promising, but, meh. Rushed perhaps. Definately not polished. Almost like it wasn’t proof read by someone who could spot the massive holes.

Writers would do well to remember Chekov’s gun. Or just to have stopped after S3.

martinhutch

H is Reg Hollis.

johnners
    Free Member

So you all kept watching, in the hope it would actually get good eh? lOLz

Pretty much, Mercurio’s track record is good with this sort of stuff. For me it wasn’t bad but in the end it never paid off enough, ending in a “finale” that was really just a bit flat.

Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Line of Duty New Series’ is closed to new replies.