Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 155 total)
  • Line of Duty New Series
  • db

The Passat was a pool car – who is going to use their own car.

But I do get your point – I’m pretty sure a Police storage facility does not have a big sign on the fence saying – Police Storage Facility!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Me & Mrs Egf have just recently started watching LOD on catchup (always late to the party) Can’t get enough of it, & we somehow watched series 3 1st!
    I was in Dublin last year & one of the lads said, ‘that’s him out of LOD’ in a bar we were in. It was Adrian Dunbar but he could’ve been the Pope for all I knew at the time. Apparently he’s a regular there.
    Always gripping stuff that keeps you wondering.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It’s a very strange series. Really can’t engage with it, and I think I worked out what it was last night: The dialogue. It’s awful.

Was just thinking the same thing walking home. Tiresome jargon, clunky exposition, and such obvious diversions that I’ve stopped caring. Hastings has been signposted so blatantly that it can’t possibly be him.

1981miked
    Free Member

I’m enjoying it for what it is.. decent telly on a Sunday night when all you want to do is sit down and relax.

But there is 1 thing that is irritating me.. the car registration plates. They all have an i or a q in them. I understand it’s probably something to do with letting the real plod know they are prop cars or whatever but you don’t get i on registration plates in this country and Q’s are only used on kit cars or cars where there is doubt if all the parts belong to it etc.. something like that anyway.

Anyway, it’s really annoying me. As is when they put a plate on a car but they didn’t make that particular shape etc at the time. Luther’s Volvo in the last season for example. Pretty sure they never made that shape in 1993.

And breath!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So John’s dead, he must of been a good guy, will she now take over as ac12’s insider?
    I also think another red herring is the constant presence of the asu with the same main man, just how ridiculous can it get?

timbog160

Biggest hint yet that it is ‘definately’ Hastings but I’m still not convinced – obviously something going on with Lisa but I’m not sure if she’s undercover or not…

colournoise

Suspect Lisa is also an undercover officer, but there’s so much bloody misdirection this series it’s hard to tell…

Hastings clearly (?) the online contact for Lisa and thus the OCG. If she’s undercover is he feeding her info to smoke out the real H as she presumably has access to the laptop outside the times she allows others to use it? He could have ‘ordered’ John’s death as revenge for estranged wife attack so is also therefore possibly corrupt in moral terms. Obviously some link to Hastings and NI (John’s motivation for going after Hastings – was he involved in some NI operation that led to John’s real parent(s) being killed?).

funkmasterp

The incorrect spelling of definitely points to it being Hastings. I knew that wasn’t a mistake in the previous episode. Surprised by what happened to John and I can’t see it not being Hastings at this point. Then again you’d think he’d have derailed everything by the second series if it is him.

seadog101

So H? The crim’s went into flat B overlooking the print shop, could H be flat H?

And my spotters spot: shipment ED-209

ED-209

thepurist

So H? The crim’s went into flat B overlooking the print shop, could H be flat H?

Yeah I wondered that too. Fwiw I’ve started suspecting Jill whatserface who is trying to get Hastings under her control too.

funkmasterp

I wonder if it was Hastings who had John killed? Visited the guy in prison and told him or will that turn out to be unrelated 🧐

timbog160

Actually I’m thinking there is deffo something dodgy about Jill as well…

outofbreath
    Free Member

There’s a big meeting with H. Everyone seems to be keen to stop the news of the location of the big meeting with H being leaked.

…but H knows the location of the meeting – he’s going to be there. The fact that there’s any kind of fuss going on about the day the meeting occurs would be enough to put H off the meeting, wouldn’t it?

…and why would someone who is so paranoid about their identity that they communicate only by typing arrange a face to face meeting of any kind?

Help me out.

derek_starship
    Free Member

It has to be Ted. You can’t light somebody up to this extent without it actually being them or it would laughable. Remember – Jed Mercurio has no issue with burning principal characters. Home Secretary…

timbog160

I agree it’s all pointing that way, but if you read anything about police corruption (Bill Moody in the 60’s and 70’s etc) the classic sign of corruption is a lifestyle beyond that which could be supported by a coppers salary – cars/ holidays etc – everybody starts off careful but in the end greed and vanity gets the better of them. So this just doesn’t tally with it being Ted… In any event we will no doubt be left hanging for the final series!!!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Just an observation: the ARU boys need to take a look at their sniping position protocol.

edhornby

also in that episode, they were talking in the street about the op and handing over weapons, putting on wires etc, why the heck did they not do that in the office???

I still think that there are loads of people involved and loads of stuff we won’t know until the last episode (which is apparently a feature length ?! )

I think Ted’s gonna die in the last episode, Kate is either gonna die or be a mole (or both)

brakes
    Free Member

Ted is not H, he has been watching the conversations with H because Lisa is an undercover cop that Ted planted in OCG and she gave him the ability to see what was being said on the laptop. Ted told the gang member in prison that John Corbett was the rat.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Ted is not H, he has been watching the conversations with H because Lisa is an undercover cop that Ted planted in OCG and she gave him the ability to see what was being said on the laptop. Ted told the gang member in prison that John Corbett was the rat.

That hangs together quite well. Nice one. I hope it’s that. (Except that the prison guard in the background would surely have heard Ted telling the gang member.)

RustySpanner

esselgruntfuttock

Me & Mrs Egf have just recently started watching LOD on catchup (always late to the party)

Same here. Good innit?

Watching The Caddy get his comeuppance was a highlight.

And Keeley Hawes, what an actor. One of the best characters I’ve ever seen on TV.

Can’t believe I missed this first time round, enjoying the catch up.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ted isn’t H. Now he’s received a large envelope of cash, in doing so is allowing himself to be recruited to try and follow that lead up the chain.

I don’t think John was informed on. Lisa suspected him already from the shop raid, him offering “a way out” just confirmed it.

big meeting with H

Of course he (or she) wasn’t going to be there.

But. It would be jolly convenient if AC-12 arrested the “high risk” man John though, wouldn’t it?

dantsw13

Ted being handler for the undercover Lisa doesn’t explain him binning the laptop.

Whilst I don’t think he’s H, Ted is still dodgy.

spawnofyorkshire

There’s still the grey haired fella with a funny accent who was photoed from behind leaving the brothel, good chance that’s Ted and he’s into underage girls.

dantsw13

That was the senior policeman shot at the warehouse raid I believe.

funkmasterp

Ted being handler for the undercover Lisa doesn’t explain him binning the laptop.

Maybe it was running Vista and he finally snapped. If Lisa is UC she’s broken as many protocols as John did. Surely if Ted is H he’d have derailed the whole investigation years ago. There’ll be some daft last minute twist that will pin it all on Neil Morrisey.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Unidentified brothel man was Sam’s boss, shot at the raid by Corbett.

We’re running out of characters to pin anything on. Who are we down to now?

Steve
    Kate
    Ted
    Ted’s boss lady
    Ted’s legal squeeze (or not, now he just got all hocus pocus woo wah about the timing of it)
    Ted’s ex wife
    The retired copper who gave Ted a big fistful of cash
    Sam?
    Lisa?
    Plus mystery new senior police office who we haven’t met yet and will only appear in the final episode

outofbreath
    Free Member

If Lisa is UC she’s broken as many protocols as John did.

Yes, but she didn’t torture Ted’s wife. So maybe Ted dobbed John in to the Gang member as revenge for his wife but not Lisa, but equally maybe he doesn’t know she’s a rozzer. If she *is* a rozzer that’s ridiculous, it would mean the whole gang leadership were rozzers. Mind ewe, John’s role was already ludicrous.

Surely if Ted is H he’d have derailed the whole investigation years ago.

This, or at least not actively supported the investigation into himself over several series.

There’ll be some daft last minute twist

This. If they pull a credible ending out of all this I’ll be delighted, but I just don’t see it. A new character would be lame, and existing character would be laughable, ending the show without identifying H would be unthinkable.

palmer77
    Free Member

Any scope in John getting back at Ted’s wife because of some historical punishment he carried out/sanctioned serving in N Ireland when John was young?

oldtennisshoes

Ted was involved in the death of John’s parents in NI.

retro83
    Free Member

oldtennisshoes

retro83
    Free Member

The young lad who tried to cut Steve’s fingers off is going to become an officer by the looks of it.

timbog160

What’s the betting we’ll see him in uniform at the end of the next episode..

Seems a bit fantastical though – he must have a charge sheet as long as your arm, and be well known to every copper for miles around..

tthew

It’s going to Kate isn’t it? That line about “you said this promotion would mean less hours” is the only clue you are getting, she’s always out on the rob.

martinhutch

Best thing about that was Anna Maxwell Martin grilling Ted, along with her rat-faced DI. You wanted to see more of her earlier in the series, less of him.

Can’t quite put my finger on what is wrong with this particular series. I think that the interplay and dialogue between the main characters is robotic, there is nothing particularly interesting or sympathetic about Steve and Kate any more, or TBH, Ted.

In previous series you had Cotton and other interesting types hanging around the office. Haven’t found the gang members that compelling either.

All the work is being done by the Asian copper who just pops in to move the plot along a bit with some forensic results here and there. The plot has been even more massively signposted than previous series.

Feels a bit slapped together Eastendery/Holby to me this time.

Watty

I think that the interplay and dialogue between the main characters is robotic

This X a million.
    I watched a 45 year old episode of The Sweeney the other day and for all its faults the plotline and dialogue were a joy in comparison.

swavis

I agree that there’s something up with this series, it just doesn’t seem to have the tension of the past and therefore I almost don’t care who H is, if it is Hastings, which I don’t think it is, I really couldn’t care less after his sub par performance. Meh…

Oh and I also think it’s Kate, there’s no one else left who it could be 😆

avdave2

I think that the interplay and dialogue between the main characters is robotic

As I said above I think it’s down to the complexity of the lines they have to deliver, It’s like having been shown a tray of objects and then having to recall as many as possible, it’s as if they are taking part in a memory test. I’m enjoying this series more than the last as I knew it would be utterly ridiculous from the beginning to end and there would be no attempt at credibility.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Hmm.

Ted under arrest – check
    Gang under arrest – check

None of that lot are the mythical H.

New high ranking officer introduced at 11th hour – check

I guess she could be H, the series has form for that sort of thing, but, this is series 5 of 6, so more likely she is just another member of the ring of corrupt officers, or simply an ambitious arse willing to overlook a few inevitable major problems with the investigation into Ted.

So.

This series to end with Hastings still in jail with Anna MM having seemingly put the lid on his case, but Steve and Kate having made an important discovery which points to the real identity of top man/woman/men/women on the end of the laptop chat program (but which we the viewers will of course not be made privy to).

Ted’s actions have either been proper out-of-character daft, or, a completely hush hush operation with Ted deliberately in the firing line to draw out the top man.

Lisa’s angle isn’t clear yet either, so a couple of things to tie up in ep6 but we’ll be waiting for the next series to get the top man.

thepurist

a couple of things to tie up in ep6 but we’ll be waiting for the next series to get the top man.

100% that.  H won’t be unveiled to the characters, but the final scene will show the viewers who it almost probaly might possibly be.   Oh and all the talk of ‘top man’ is an obvious distraction – there ain’t many men left who could be H, so H is probably a ‘top woman’.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Line of Duty New Series’ is closed to new replies.