Home Forums Bike Forum Like a Charge Spoon, only better?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Like a Charge Spoon, only better?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Am looking for a replacement for what is probably my sixth or seventh Charge Spoon, no complaints just looking for something different and a bit less…budget

Any suggestions welcome
    Ta

lunge

There is, in my opinion, no better saddle than an original style Flite saddle. Quite posh, look good, light and comfortable. Can you ask for more?

therevokid
    Free Member

Charge Scoop … 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The old flite gel flows are pretty comfortable (probably more so than the spoon) and are pretty tough.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Madison Flux?

nemesis
    Free Member

Anyone suggesting that a specific saddle is fundamentally more comfortable than another is being silly.

Since the OP clearly finds spoons comfortable, he’s likely to find something similar shape/width comfortable. Flites for example are typically a good bit narrower than Spoons (around 130mm IIRC compare to 145ish for a spoon) and also less curved (when new at least).

FWIW. I like the Spoon on one of my mtbs and I find it similar to spesh 143mm saddles that I have on other bikes which gives you a fairly wide range of less budget options.

ransos
    Free Member

There is, in my opinion, no better saddle than an original style Flite saddle.

I find the Spoon way more comfortable than a Flite. OP could go for a Spoon with leather/ Ti for a posher upgrade.

warpcow
    Free Member

I get on well with Spoons but also with SDG Belairs and Dusters. I think the difference is in how stretched out I am on a given bike as to which saddle is a little comfier.

oxym0r0n

New Fabric scoop? Mine is a good upgrade on charge knife, as no seams to rub and just the right amount of grippyness

ahwiles
    Free Member

until the top ‘matt’ layer falls off in a stiff breeze, and then it’s a weird-looking shiny slippy thing of rubbish.

apologies to anyone who bought a scoop after i recommended them, utter cack.

rocketman
    Free Member

I get on well with Spoons but also with SDG Belairs and Dusters

Yup I had a Bel Air ages ago. Nice one thanks

Bregante

I’ve only used Charge Spoons for the last 5 years or so and recently bought a Scoop and I would best describe it as being like a Spoon but better!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anyone suggesting that a specific saddle is fundamentally more comfortable than another is being silly

rollocks

for example the gel flows have elastomer where the rails meet the saddle, the padding is different, and it has a cutout in the centre. So compared to a saddle of the same dimensions but without those features, it is going to be more comfortable…

nemesis
    Free Member

Not so. I know people who hate saddles with any kind of cutout.

Similarly some who find hard saddles better than softer ones.

kristoff
    Free Member

Been running a spoon on my hard tail for ages now. When I built my bronson up I decided to give a scoop a go (was new at the time last December).

9 months on and the scoop is still performing well and I’ve no intention of looking elsewhere fora saddle… Although some Ti rails may be nice 😉

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Specialized Riva.

Its actually a road perch, but far more comfortable than a Spoon (& ive a few)

Advise given is purely IMHO…….

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I bought a Scoop on the basis of it being potentially better than a Spoon (which I like a lot) but really didn’t get on with it at all.

I’ve put a Gusset R-Series Race on the Tripster – it’s basically the Spoon but in black and grey. Agree with the post up there ^ that a good choice would be Ti/Leather Spoon. Like a Spoon, but better 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Like a Charge Spoon, only better?’ is closed to new replies.