• This topic has 124 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • Let’s discuss Kirstie Allsopp’s travel arrangements
  • DrJ

She could have just knocked some walls through to make Economy seem as big as Business.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not a problem really is it? Airlines offer services to look after unaccompanied kids and I often see unaccompanied kids travelling long haul on their own, quite young too. They seem to manage it fine. Depends on the age of them of course, but the pure fact the kids are unaccompanied really is not an issue. The last thing you want when travelling business class are kids! The lack of kids is part of the appeal.

It’s also not uncommon for families to be split between business and other classes….Business is expensive. I’m planning on taking my family on a business trip with me, work will pay my business class seat and i’ll pay for the families seats….economy as I couldn’t afford to the business class prices. Once my work commitments are done i’ll have a few days holiday with the family. A cheap way of getting the family to far flung places.

cinnamon_girl

Wasn’t her father a Viscount, or something like that?  I feel rather sorry for the kids reading about it all on BBC News, wonder whether they’re brave enough to read the Comments!

A sense of entitlement to expect cabin staff to childmind and clearly too tight to outsource to a nanny or au pair.  Rather sad.

5lab

given that 10 is older than the age most airlines will let kids travel unaccompanied, the airlines must think its ok for them to sit somewhere their parents aren’t,

I’ve been in the front whilst my wife was in the back. She hasn’t let me forget that..

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve been in the front whilst my wife was in the back. She hasn’t let me forget that..

Nobody’s judging you. Consenting adults and all that.

franksinatra

She hasn’t let me forget that..

Certainly sounds like a memorable evening.

angeldust
    Free Member

Don’t her and her ilk

It’s fine to stereotype a group as long as they are rich and privileged then?

How would you feel if Kerry Katona’s working class background was blamed when she was caught being drunk and not looking after her kids (or some such stereotypical scenario)? 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I want to voice my frustration that this gutter article is top of the “read” list on the BBC News website and that someone wrote a thread on it here but then I’d only be adding to this pointless discussion around one of the most nauseating people on TV, so I’ll just say that I’m not bothered and keep quiet.

sweaman2
    Free Member

If she’s paying the extra to have them flagged as unaccompanied then I guess it’s her prerogative.  I suspect though she isn’t and as such is taking the proverbial.  It’s interesting because in Canada the airline “must make all reasonable efforts to seat children 12 and under adjacent to an accompanying adult”.  You wonder how that’d work in this case.

big_scot_nanny

I read it too, interesting. I tend not to agree with her policy, it is taking the piss a bit if staff are then obliged to look after them.

However, on my last flight back from Asia, a nanny was looking after 5 kids in business class whilst the 2 extremely wealthy/healthy/immaculately dressed parents were in First.

Kirsty’s not trying hard enough!

arrpee
    Free Member

I think she’s being unfairly pilloried.

I mean, would you want to sit next to a child who’d been raised by Kirstie **** Allsopp?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Obvious really. She’s claiming her tickets on expenses like Wobbliscott does. The whole ‘teaching kids the value of money’ stuff is just bollox though.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Depends on the kids of course but at 10 and 12 its not like they’ll need help with wiping their nose or owt, exactly how much child minding would be required? IME drunk adults on planes are a whole lot worse than kids..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

We just chain ours up in the coal bunker when we go on holiday. Saves a fortune and they keep the rats down, once the hunger takes them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@perchy, I was flying over the weekend, as it happens. In these. You were right.

jamj1974

She’s a cheapskate end of.

The teaching her children the value of money thing is the reddest of red herrings.  Redder in fact than the lovechild of Sarah Ferguson and Mick Hucknall after spending a week all inclusive on the surface of the sun without a parasol or factor 50.

She wants to save money and is prepared to sit separate from her children to do so and let others do her parenting for her.

Kryton57

For gods sake CFH,  You know there are hundreds of pairs of normal shoe’s right?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do, Kryters, I do.

For tomorrow’s flight, it will be a pair of black Oxfords from the sadly defunct Duckers.

I just like to reinforce stereotypes now and again. 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

I mean, would you want to sit next to a child who’d been raised by Kirstie **** Allsopp?

It could be worse. Imagine shelling out for first class and finding yourself next to Kirstie Allsopp.

chrismac

I feel sorry for the rest of the economy class passengers. Supervised children are often bad enough on flights let alone unaccompanied ones. Why should they have to endure her kids when she swans off to the front of the plane?

funkmasterp

She’s on my list of people I’d like to push down a flight of stairs.

Who else is on your list (other than Trump, Piers Morgan and Fiona Bruce, obvs)?

Funnily enough Trump and Piers Morgan are on there. It’s a bloody long list and would require a separate thread.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This thread needs a bit of balance, despite your liking/disliking of Kirsty and her Husband.

Her/thier kids might actually be rather nice well behaved and utterly wonderful specimens of the human race.

You don’t know them, and no doubt will never rub shoulders with them.

Don’t plant your dislike for Mrs Allsop and her husband onto thier kids, they probably have enough anxieties of their own to contend with.

funkmasterp

^^woah there bikebouy. We’ll have none of your sensible postings thank you very much

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

what goes around comes around.. I wonder what care home they have planned for Kirstie.

I guess there must be shed loads of holidays without the kids too

perchypanther
    Free Member

I just like to reinforce stereotypes now and again.

Including the one where I make fun of your shoes?

Think you’ll find, that wasn’t me.

I did consider it, but it was such a cliche 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DOH!

I’m jetlagged. That’s as good an excuse as any!

weeksy

I thought they were going to be 5-6 years old at first.

At their age, give them an iPad and you’d only notice them if you tripped over their headphone cable

ElShalimo

@perchy – don’t worry Flashy was coming home from a cosplay convention and left his Green Lantern outfit on as an homage to his hero.

kerley
    Free Member

If she was my mum I would want to sit in a different part of the plane.  You can’t blame them.

mt
    Free Member

What has this got to do with us?

ElShalimo

What has this got to do with us?

Kirstie is a regular poster on here. She rides 650b and refuses to go tubeless

mt
    Free Member

Sorry didn’t know.  Hardtail or full bouncer?

cinnamon_girl

Lighten up mt, it’s just a bit of fun.

jam-bo

Definitely a fuller bounce.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Fat bike?

hugo
    Free Member

Yeah, no problem.

It’s not unusual out here for expat families to split across business class and economy.  Kids often end up in the cheap seats, often with the nanny. Last time we flew business there was a family that had mum in business with dad and the kids in the back.

If the kids aren’t bothered by sitting watching movies for a few hours and eating plastic food (which they’re not) then it’s the cheap seats for them. You’re a not getting any thing out of a 12 year old on a plane with Star Wars on tap.  They go to school for 7 hours at a time, I’m sure they can manage a few rows away on a plane.

Move on!

ugarizza
    Free Member

It’s ok as long as you check on them every 8 hours.

stumpy01

I wonder if when they drive anywhere her & her husband go in the Range Rover, while her kid’s follow behind in a “Budget Taxi’s” Octavia with 320,000 miles on the clock…

newrobdob
    Free Member

I am always proud of my parents in that we always (and continue to do so) were treated the same as each other. If they couldn’t afford for the whole family to have something then no one had it – we had a next door neighbour who used to feed their kids sausages and fish fingers while they had steak or salmon!

i don’t have kids myself but if I did I would certainly make sure they sat with me on a flight, no matter what their ages were.

tinybits
    Free Member

we had a next door neighbour who used to feed their kids sausages and fish fingers while they had steak or salmon!

Which is very, very normal as lots of kids won’t eat the steak or Salmon.

However the rest of your point stands. If I can’t afford for all 4 of us to fly first class, then I’ll be in economy with the kids. We’re a family. It’s that simple.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Let’s discuss Kirstie Allsopp’s travel arrangements’ is closed to new replies.