• This topic has 124 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Let’s discuss Kirstie Allsopp’s travel arrangements
  • cinnamon_girl

Here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44353321

What’s your verdict?

simondbarnes

Children are small, they don’t need the extra legroom.

tomhoward

As a childless adult, with a penchant for flying near the front of a plane, I welcome her stance on parenting.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Disappointed they never went for

Vacation, vacation, vacation.

Also, when we go on holiday we always force the kids to sit in the back of the car whilst my wife and I lord it up in the front…..but then again, we are heartless monsters

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I just happened to read this a couple of minutes ago and I’m not quite sure what to think.

On the one hand I get the idea of a little ‘controlled independence’ but kids seem a bit young to my mind to be sat with a couple of random strangers ‘largely’ unsupervised for 3-4 hours or more.

I wouldn’t do it, but then I actually like spending time with my kids so maybe my perspective is different from hers.

#EDIT : Not to mention the perks of having cute, well behaved kids with you..  extra attention from cabin staff, being able to tag along for the obligatory trip up to the cockpit..  🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m more annoyed they still let children on planes to start with 😉

It was fairly common in Oz for kids to travel solo between families who were apart but I think you might have paid more for this as the crew were then in charge of the kids.

convert

Surprised there have been no comments along the lines of ‘if its good enough for your kids, it’s good enough for you’.

As someone who will never have the concern about if I should upgrade beyond cattle class I’m struggling to gaf.

scotroutes

If she’s concerned about the additional cost then she could, you know, sit beside her kids.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

She needs the bigger seats in business, she’s getting pretty porky…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Shielding your kids from Flashies footwear would seem a reasonable precaution.

scotroutes

Where do her two nannies sit?

franksinatra

I think it is very bizarre, I certainly would not do that. Has she never seen Home Alone?

Surely there is some sort of safety implication. Is a parent not responsible for fitting of oxygen mask etc in the event of needing it?  I think it sends a pretty terrible message to the kids that their parents don’t want to sit with them.

DezB
    Free Member

<i>[edit] </i>changed my mind, I really don’t care!

frankconway

Scotroutes – nannying done by cabin crew.

Drac

Her kids her choice.

franksinatra

Her kids her choice.

Fair enough if her kids are impeccably behaved and very sensible. If not it becomes an issue for the other passengers and crew.

MSP

Her kids her responsibility to look after them and not to foister their care onto strangers.

P-Jay
    Free Member

As I’ve always thought she was a vacuous **** anyway so it hasn’t changed my opinion of her.

Cabin Crew aren’t a babysitting service, but she’s from a titled family so considering her Children to be a bit of a hindrance for someone else to deal with will come naturally.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.opodo.co.uk/blog/unaccompanied-minors-rules-by-airlines/

Of course Ryanair will charge you more than any of those to sit with your kids…

mikeyp

I’m surprised the airline allows this to happen but ryanair etc randomly disperse families all over the cabin anyway. I guess if it was a big problem the airline wouldn’t allow it. I Imagine having 2 BC punters makes more money than 4 EC.

DickBarton

No real issue other than the money saving bit – all travel in economy and save even more money!

BadlyWiredDog

I would make the kids walk.

tomhoward

I assume, given your username, they love walkies?

tonyg2003

I love the “send them to economy” to make them appreciate the value of money bs. I’m pretty sure that won’t apply to the rest of their lives (private shools, houses, cars, holidays etc….). Sounds like Kristy has to get out there and earn a bit more! Also I’d be more concerned about being with my children than sitting in a nice seat than she seems to be.

BadlyWiredDog

I assume, given your username, they love walkies?

They love what they’re told to. None of this soft-parenting rubbish in our kennel…

franksinatra

Does she not like her kids?  I quite enjoy hanging out with my kids, especially when doing something exciting live travelling on holiday.  I don’t understand why you would want to be separated from them.

Its a bit of a parody really isn’t it?  ‘Here you go kids, slum it in the back with the poor people so you learn about the value of money whilst Mummy and Daddy neck Champers up front’. FFS

Daffy

I think it’s rather unreasonable and not a little bit self-entitled..  If there was an emergency on the aircraft, then what?

Personally, I’d fly everyone premium economy rather than adults in first.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Excellent. Children should not be in club,business/premium etc.

I dont pay extra to listen to shrieking brats.

binners

Don’t her and her ilk generally just outsource the bringing up of their children to boarding schools and nannies anyway? Surely this just continues the theme?

mikey74
    Free Member

If she doesn’t want her kids in posh class then the whole family should sit in cattle.  It is not the responsibility of the airline staff or other passengers to babysit her children.

monkeyboyjc

While I see her point of view and everyone is entitled to parent in toer own way, personally it’s something I would never do.

My child is scared of flying, so to put her some where else in the plane away from parents would be hartless. However if her kids are sensible and  mature enough to deal with flying in a separate section of the plane, then fine.

I completely disagree with her for the reasoning of cash saving and it being one of life’s lessons though….

Do her kids travel in a separate cheaper car? Or live in a separate cheaper house? Do they eat cheaper meals? Go to the local comprehensive? Etc. Etc. Etc. If she wants to save cash they should all be in economy class or take turns.

ads678

If she’s concerned about the additional cost then she could, you know, sit beside her kids.

Yeah I like the fact that when people have said she should be looking after her kids, her first though was “I’m not bringing the kids into business class, its a waste of money”, rather than her having to move to pleb class….

funkmasterp

She’s on my list of people I’d like to push down a flight of stairs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

However if her kids are sensible and  mature enough to deal with flying in a separate section of the plane, then fine.

and she should be paying the unaccompanied child fees for each of them so the staff are aware and allocated to look after them. It also means the staff know where and who they are and that they are travelling alone – you can’t head back there once the seatbelt sign is on obviously.

tomhoward

Also, even if they are at total opposite ends of a 747, she’s 180 feet away. I bet her house and garden is bigger than that….

franksinatra

She’s on my list of people I’d like to push down a flight of stairs.

Who else is on your list (other than Trump, Piers Morgan and Fiona Bruce, obvs)?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m just disappointed that she didn’t fashion her own plane out of pine cones and glitter and , while she was at , it, perhaps knocked up a few Cath Kidston-esque antimacassars out of an old pair of curtains.

Kirsty’s Homemade Holiday.

Mark my words. This’ll be on Channel 4 in a couple of months

kerley
    Free Member

Don’t her and her ilk generally just outsource the bringing up of their children to boarding schools and nannies anyway? Surely this just continues the theme?

Agree.  We are not talking about the normal kids and parents here, it is a different world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

she’s 180 feet away. I bet her house and garden is bigger than that….

and bugger all use in takeoff, landing, turbulence or a food service

rene59
    Free Member

Done it the wrong way round. Should’ve put the kids into business along with some energy drinks and plenty of sugary sweets. Fling in a competitive game or two. Then sit in economy laughing laughing her tits off.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Let’s discuss Kirstie Allsopp’s travel arrangements’ is closed to new replies.