• This topic has 1,794 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,795 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • mattbee

My brother is a massive Nintendo nerd, collects the consoles and games. His Mrs got him this for Christmas..!

Daffy

That could well be the nerdiest picture I’ve ever seen and I’m a massive nerd.

weeksy

Yeah if you covered the box, i’d never have guessed he was a nerd… never ever…. ever.

plus-one

Tad nerdy !!

jamj1974

That could well be the nerdiest picture I’ve ever seen and I’m a massive nerd.

Have you seen a picture of my brother with his still (Since release date) currently boxed Lego NES…. He is a massive, massive nerd.

mattbee

He was European Speed Pokémon champion 2 years running.
    He’s (obviously) ginger, and a physicist.
    To balance it out he’s also a very good footballer.
    He’s very much a nerd! 😂

bigblackshed

The Wife bought me this for Christmas.

0-EF21208-09-BB-42-D7-8417-D8-FA1584-E9-A4

jamj1974

I think we need a nerd-off!

scuttler

He was European Speed Pokémon champion 2 years running.

No idea what that means but I’d happily have it on my CV. Well done that man.

walowiz

Another thread I’ve been studiously avoiding.

But clearly my family haven’t as they bought me the new LandRover Defender for Xmas! Haven’t been this excited over Lego since we all built the Saturn V – which is an awesome bit of Lego.

rockhopper70

I have just finished off the Ducati that was a Xmas gift from my daughter. That was a fun build and looks good built up so a good display piece.

Next one is the mclaren senna that was a sort of PSA on here, £21 worth of what looks like sticker hell!

diz

Has anyone put a lighting kit in a Lamborghini Sian?
    If so which one?
    Thank you.

kiwijohn

My wife is currently building the typewriter. Judging by the swearing, it’s a bit of a bastard.

sirromj

Any recommendations for lego storage for a 3 and a 5 year old? 🤣 They currently have a dinner tray overflowing and impossible to find anything on. the floor 😭

northernmatt

If they are 3 and 5 they won’t be bothered about sorting it so you just need a big tub. When you need to get it out tip it onto a bedsheet, makes tidying up a doddle.

Don’t get the Lego storage bricks. They look cool but inside they have these stupid bloody circles that trap all the tiny pieces.

teaandbiscuit
    Free Member

@sirromj these are brilliant lego storage boxes – they’re wide and shallow for good visibility and easy reach for small hands, and fit under a bed or sofa for storage: https://www.dunelm.com/product/42l-spacemaster-plastic-storage-box-1000009443?defaultSkuId=30045917

We have a few and vaguely split the lego into plates, bricks and random for easier finding.

sirromj

Cheers. Will get 2 or 3 lunch box sized containers for sorting the chunky bits like wheels and plates etc, which can then go inside the big container. They’ll probably ignore that, but we can try 😀

paino

Tried with the mixed see-through boxes but there’s just so much of it we opted for a coloured Lego compartments…makes it a tonne easier now to find what you’re looking for and the kids have gone Lego mad since the new regime 😄

" alt="" />

https://postimg.cc/MMC0rW9t

BenjiM

We use one of these https://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/storage-towers.php

You can specify which colours you want or use clear of course!

Cougar

we opted for a coloured Lego compartments…

Pro tip: Sort by brick type rather than colour. It’s considerably easier to find say a 1×2 red tile in a drawer of small tiles than in a drawer of every red brick ever.

Daffy

This is very true, but it does require MUCH more storage.

dovebiker

The Wife bought me this for Christmas.

0-EF21208-09-BB-42-D7-8417-D8-FA1584-E9-A4

Posted 4 days ago

We got one too – first Lego I’ve had since the 1970s – took both Christmas Day and Boxing Day afternoons to complete. Impressed by the level of detail having got a full-size one in the garage.

scuttler

I might sell one of these Technic 42009. Unsure yet but anyone keen and willing to make an offer? The box is a bit knackered but pretty certain it’s complete.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Often looked at used Lego but wondered where you’d stand if bits were missing. “Pretty certain” would put me off.

Daffy

You can usually buy and missing pieces from BrickLink or BrickOwl for a couple of £ at most. There are occasionally some very rare pieces which are ridiculous money (Darth Vader’s Tie Fighter cockpit glass and hatch for example), but not often.

kennyp
    Free Member

Pro tip: Sort by brick type rather than colour.

Every so often there are things posted on STW that make me realise just why I love this place so much. This is one.

scuttler

“Pretty certain” would put me off.

If I decide to sell I’ll build and demolish first.

labsey
    Free Member

Lego will replace missing bits from new sets without argument. I’ve never had a piece missing, but had one damaged. No issue. Does take ages though, same if you order from Lego’s Bricks and Pieces service. I usually use Bricklink and I can create wanted lists from their digital designer program Stud.io.

I use these for sorting: https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/multipurpose-tool-organiser-24-326366

I’ve probably got about a thousand or so loose pieces and I keep them sorted by type/size. The trays are really useful for this. Bricks in one organiser, sub-divided by size, plates in another, slopes & dishes in another etc. Easy to stash away when not needed.

For smaller pieces (tiles, technic etc), I’ve got three smaller Black & Decker organisers which are the perfect size.

stumpyjon

I’ve got 152630 loose pieces at the last count!

nixie

Long shot but other than eBay any recommendations for selling rare parts. Don’t think I want to set up on brick link for 2 parts (V2 power functions IR receivers) but do want to get a good return to fund the buwizz I ordered.

breadcrumb

I’m on with the Defender and have just finished the 1st stage of the build. I had to dip into the next bag for a couple of generic pieces. Am I going to be short by the end?

Only just got back into Lego but don’t remember ever having any missing pieces when I was a kid.

stumpyjon

Check the bags, bits get stuck in them (and the floor). It’s very unlikely bits will be missing, only once have i had incorrect bits and that was an extra bit and a missing bit so im guessing the bag weight was still right.

Northwind

breadcrumb

I’m on with the Defender and have just finished the 1st stage of the build. I had to dip into the next bag for a couple of generic pieces. Am I going to be short by the end?

I’ve had some pieces in the wrong bags. But also every time I’m totally convinced that there’s a bit missing, it’s on the floor or I’ve screwed up the instructions.

Cougar

The bits that you didn’t have, do you have leftover similar bits? Some colours are hard to distinguish.

Have you added extra into the model that you didn’t need to?

nixie

@breadcrumb did you see the post a few pages back about ensuring the universal joints are oriented correctly?

breadcrumb

@Northwind & @Cougar

But also every time I’m totally convinced that there’s a bit missing, it’s on the floor or I’ve screwed up the instructions.

Have you added extra into the model that you didn’t need to?

My fear is I have messed up and somehow added some parts in. Looking over it it looks ok compared to the diagram. I put the bits in some kind of order in a Stanley parts box and did have a couple of spares but not similar to what I’ve had to borrow from the next part.

@nixie
    – no, I’ll try hunting back but this thread is unsurprisingly quite big now. The assembly works through the gears ok so hopefully all is ok.

Daffy

Finally finished the Nebulon-B Frigate – what a bloody awful build; Type 2 fun.

Dell 17″ “Mobile Workstation” PC and Minifig for scale.

weeksy

Monster!

peteimpreza

that’s awesome, well done that man!!

Northwind

The detail on that is amazing… Slightly disappointing that the wall brackets aren’t also lego. Or steel disguised as lego. Or steel disguised as admiral ackbar straining to hold the entire franchise up

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.