• This topic has 1,794 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,795 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • spacemonkey

20% off some sets at Disney Store online if anyone is interested. That includes the Mos Eisley Cantina.

JL have it too for 20% off. Am kind of tempted, but only for the selection of figures because IMO the cantina itself is pretty uninspiring for £300+ RRP (and at the current price of £250). I’ve also just taken delivery of the reduced police station to add to the Modular buildings that one day I hope to build.

Daffy

Smyths are now doing their BlackFriday deals.

LEGO Lamborghini Sian – £219 from £349

LEGO Batwing – £150 from £180

zilog6128

Some very good deals at Argos with stacking offers… a lot of stuff OOS now (missed out on the new Winnie the Pooh set which was almost half price 😭) but managed to snag some Harry Potter stuff for Chrimbo presents! Still some cheap Technic stuff left too.

stumpyjon

@zilog6128 good call on the Argos deals, just ordered a Darth Vader head for £36 delivered with the Black Friday deal and 20% off toys promo. £60 from the Lego shop, talking of which, have they reduced the price of the AT-AT, was sure it was £750, showing at £699.99 now.

hofnar
    Free Member

My bankmanger must be proud of me resisted buying the SIAN at 210 EUR this morning, sold out now. Just got the modest Ducati on its way to at to the collection of boxes for a cold and long winter.

scuttler

Add code TOYS20 to get the McLaren Senna Technic for £21.60

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9421862

jonno101
    Free Member

Add code TOYS20

Thanks Scuttler best £21 spent. Also hogwarts clock tower for daughter. Good savings.

nixie

Lots of places doing the Sian at £219. Ordered from John Lewis last night. Got the other two big cars and seemed wrong not to complete the set (suckered).

winston
    Free Member

Sian is even cheaper right now on A****** and the Architect skylines are a good deal too

wooksterbo

@stumpyjon
    Yes AT AT reduced to £699.99 from £750. Also has Luke’s (Anakin’s / Rey’s) lightsaber for the first however many purchases. I’m umming and arring over it as I also have a £100 voucher from VIP points.

Superficial
    Free Member

Lego 42114 truck thing. £135 but new customers can get £25 off with code TVGMG making it £113.98 delivered.

https://www.very.co.uk/lego-technic-42114-6×6-volvo-articulated-hauler-truck/1600488345.prd

Seems like a good deal. I bought it. The boy will love this one – that’s my justification (even though he won’t manage it by himself).

zilog6128

Someone on HUKD just suggested they restocked the Lego Passenger Train at his local Argos – just checked and they had one near me too which I’ve just ordered for £52! Decent bargain as previous lowest price ever is the current Amazon price of £65 I believe.

scuttler

The train’s 50 miles away for me 🙁

Superficial
    Free Member

I do not need the Sian. For £173. No.

breadcrumb

I think my next set will be the Ecto-1.

Looking forward to the Defender build though.

Superficial
    Free Member

I really liked the Defender, but I don’t have any other experience of the recent ‘big’ Technic models.

I’m struggling to really see why the Lambo is more than twice the price, never mind at RRP where it’s closer to 3x.

stumpyjon

Me thinks they may have priced the AT-AT too high, had 8 of them in the Manchester store this morning and the staff were moaning they’d sold a lot less than expected. I really like my Lego but £700 is too much even for me

Cougar
    spacemonkey

2022 range was released a few days ago.

Am liking the look of the updated styling of the space sets. Little Technic vehicles aren’t for me, but can see a younger audience tapping into them. Modular Boutique Hotel looks cool – might get that.

zilog6128

as predicted (by me 😎) the Seinfeld set obviously not proving too popular as it’s reduced by 30% on LEGO online store! +double VIP points worth 10% and also cashback from the usual sites. Tempting me to pull the trigger 😃 Similar reduction on a few other sets, if you spend over £170 total there’s a nice bonus Chrimbo gift plus if you scroll through the HUKD comments there are a couple of codes for other little freebies (can only use one I think)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lego-ideas-21328-seinfeld-ps4899-ps395-del-or-free-over-ps50-double-vip-points-at-lego-shop-3847750

twonks

Bit of a daft question but, is there a market for Lego sets that have been built?

I loved building one of mine but it does nothing for me now and is too big to stick on a shelf.

Think I have the original box and all the bags so could reverse build and get it bagged up I suppose.

Failing that, would a model be worth anything as a bag of bricks?

stumpyjon

is there a market for Lego sets that have been built?

Hell yes, but it does depend what it is and whether Lego still make it. Popular dicontinued kits go for a lot more than the original RRP. Loose Lego also sells, around £20 a kilo. I just bought 13kg for £96, should have been over £200 although there was around a kilo of garbage in there, absolute bargain. Hours of fun sorting, washing and resorting.

wooksterbo

@twonks

Go on ebay and search for the lego model number to get an idea of what they are going for. Definitely break it down and if possible put the right pieces in the right numbered bags in the box.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Just picked this up from a clearance bin in Tesco because the box was damaged. Fancied it at release but £130 was too steep (now £108 in Argos). Thought £80 was worth a punt, i’ll enjoy building it and my son will enjoy playing with it.

Northwind

That looks pretty ace actually

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That does look pretty good.

Cougar

It’s not for me but I’ll wager that’s a really interesting build.

Harry_the_Spider

Yeah. Very clever, but you don’t see how it is going to pan out until the end.

There’s no “story” to it like doing a big car or a Saturn V if you know what I mean.

Cougar

Sure.

One of the things I adored about the Saturn V was that the internal structural bits which held it together were pretty accurate fuel tanks and suchlike that you’d never see on the finished model.

diz

I got the Lamborghini Sian as my main Christmas present. Can’t wait to start building it, however it will have to wait until I’ve finished rebuilding the front bedroom!

scuttler

In the week that James Webb went up I’m building the Space Shuttle + Hubble I bought earlier this year. Brill.

Which reminds me, another great thing about Saturn V is it takes up less furniture space than a Speed Champion.

Northwind

In the same vein I will be building the ISS and a very smol battlestar galactica.

jamiemcf

For my birthday my wife got me a Camaro to go with the Mustang she got me years ago.
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/chevrolet-camaro-zl1-race-car-75891

For my Christmas I got a small x-wing
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/resistance-x-wing-75297

The idea for both of these was for my 3 year old to build with me but he decided he just wanted to play with them afterwards so just watched me (aged 41) build Lego aimed at 4 year olds.. .still good though.

The family secret Santa saw me get a jeep, following the dishes tonight this will be my task.
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/jeep-wrangler-42122

stumpyjon

The space shuttle is beckoning, did Darth Vaders head yesterday and just finished sorting the latest EBay purchase, box of Lego for £96, 11200 parts, second hand value £1200, win.

Got a Disney castle waiting sorting checking and bagging for the school Lego club as well, lot of Lego this holiday.

Northwind

Sorry, I’m sure this has been asked before but stumpyjon’s post reminded me… I was just going through my childhood lego the other day and there’s some stuff that I have no attachment to that’s definitely worth the hassle of itemising and selling… Is it just straight to bricklink? Or is it worth using ebay? I already have a fairly busy ebay store so it’d be way easier to go that way. Or anything else I’m overlooking?

db

My wonderful wife got me this for Xmas;
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/millennium-falcon-75192?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUK-3/pW5r9cogE-3846595-800124-75192

I do not deserve her or it. Thank you Mrs db!

stumpyjon

Northwood, EBay i would suggest, colour seperated listings by weight is easiest. Unless you’ve got thousands of pieces to sell and the time to itemize everything Bricklink / Brickowl will be a drain, plus some stuff may sell immediately whilst others will sit in your store for years. EBay is not good for single lots though as postage makes the pieces silly expensive.

I think the problem with the dedicated selling platforms is you need to have a crtical mass of parts which means a buyer might find a lot of parts they want from you which covers postage.

db that’ll keep you busy for good few nights, I build fast and it took me a week to build. Biggest issue is where to store it and how to pick it up without it exploding.

Northwind

Ta Stumpy- mostly I’m just going to keep it in case anyone’s ever daft enough to let me or my brothers have kids so I’m not going to clear out the bulk, but I know there’s individual stuff like some of the og pirates minifigs that are in good shape and probably worth selling as standalones. Ebay’s probably my best route then?

Cougar

Biggest issue is where to store it and how to pick it up without it exploding.

I was showing a mate of mine my freshly built Saturn V. I said, “… and it’s remarkably robust” a split-second before the stages separated in my hands. It hit the coffee table from about a metre up and went cato. He couldn’t breathe for maybe ten minutes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.