Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Last time I go to Evans/LBS to buy anything
  • markrh
    Free Member

As long as they stock your size happy days 😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

Can you get pencil skirts in 650B?

Tracey

No but you can in plus sizes

fd3chris
    Free Member

I like browsing my old local Evans, but I’m wouldn’t use the workshop after the head mechanic was adamant you couldn’t get a 30mm bsa bb. Time to excuse yourself and walk away…..

boxelder

Mine have been great as usual – gear outer, copper slip, a headset for a new SH frame that I couldn’t find online, an outer hose connector tool for threading gear outer, seal kit and fork service and decent cheap lock on grips. 4 Play Cycles in Cockermouth (I know…) and Keswick Bikes. Long live the LBS

benpinnick

Ive always found Evans to be fine, although I thought their clothing range was a bit of a selection of odd choices. The rest was pretty good though. My local one in Durham is closing apparently which isn’t great for the people who work there 🙁

I can’t comment on whether its profitable, but I can comment on the fact its in a very high demand area for retail, being on probably the most popular trading estate. Im thinking that SD might have asked for a discount and being told to get on their proverbial bike… if that is the case I can see why they would say half will close. Assume a 50% success rate for negotiating a significant rent discount, close the rest.

jameso

^ A better success rate than that so far Ben, thankfully. In some areas stores will simply move – SD own some large sites.

mcj78
    Free Member

I was in the Glasgow Braehead one at the weekend – one of the staff said that as things stood it was scheduled to close sometime in the new year with no word what was happening after that, hopefully if it does close it pops up somewhere nearby for the sake of the staff, always had good service from the people there.

tthew

Shout out to Manchester Deansgate branch of Evans. Pedals and tubeless sealant in stock yesterday, and pedals pricematched with no problem. 👍

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Jameso, any inside knowledge on the Lakeside store?

jameso

^ no sorry, I’m not involved with the stores side of the business that closely. I heard the plans weren’t at the extent of early reports though.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

^^ Thanks, they are good guys and there aren’t many alternatives for me

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Last time I go to Evans/LBS to buy anything’ is closed to new replies.