Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Last night's Touchwood, sorry Torchwood…
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Talk about gratuitous.

I aint no homophobe but last night’s naked, gay romping ran into minutes. Totally disproportionate considering it’s a science fiction series. Okay – if the relationship between CJH and Angelo is an important aspect of the story, it needn’t have been coloured in so vividly.

0/10

clubber
    Free Member

I was watching it wondering if the scene had been Jack and, say, Gwen (shudders!) whether they’d have done it the same. I think on balance and taking into account the extent and length of the scenes, it was basically gratuitous and unnecessary as it added nothing to the story though no doubt some enjoyed the view of Jack’s backside 🙂

I did like the idea of various homophobes getting a bit het up about it though 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

yeah for outing the prudes
    I think at that time you could find similar using straight folk without to much trouble
    most love scenes in films are gratuitous and touchwoood is very childish Derek
    You are becoming like STW very only Dail Whail… it weren’t like this when I were a lad and it so much worse now
    Can we reminisce about the good all days before the gays were everywhere
    Frankly given who it would offend I would have done a few more minutes …couple of cracking looking guys what your issue DS ?…had it been two good looking women I am sure STW would react in exactly the same way 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

I think at that time you could find similar using straight folk without to much trouble

Yeah, and IMO that’d have been gratuitous too. YMMV

bikebouy
    Free Member

Was it after the 9pm watershed..?

Carry on then..

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

It was pathetic, no need for all that gheying going on, its sci-fi not Gay Rabbit TV. Ok it would take two mins of the plot to cement the fact the Jack “backdoor” Harkness had an Italian catholic lover who was nothing more than a rent boy who he abused and then dumped, who then had a major love grudge and wanted revenge.

This loving aint over yet, wait til they meet again after so many years, cant wait……

Think they need to balance it out a bit with Rex having a good old session with Ester, cant beat a bit of black on blonde. 😛

(Before anyone moans im not homophobe, Ive even got a rainbow belt)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Gay Rabbit TV

What channel number is that?

clubber
    Free Member

EDIT – not that I know or anything 😳

derek_starship
    Free Member

CJH has got a lovely bum though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Noted.

wrecker
    Free Member

Think they need to balance it out a bit with Rex having a good old session with Ester, cant beat a bit of black on blonde.

Coffee brewed, garibaldi in hand.

geoffj

This can’t end well

KINGTUT
    Free Member

garibaldi in hand.

Never heard it called that.

clubber
    Free Member

Gary’s baldy?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wrecker, just a coffee please. Strong and black, thanks.

Harry_the_Spider

Strong and black

That’s how Captain Jack likes it too.

emsz
    Free Member

Notes (for future reference) the homophobes.

It’s 2 people doing what comes naturally. Grow up? Turn over? Live in the real (alternate) world? Expand your horizons just a little?

geoffj, I agree.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

oooh, someone’s tetchy this morning.

scruff
    Free Member

Personally, I think its wrong to show it on TV. Most world religions also agree.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Just skimming down through this and for a minute I thought I had stumbled on some on line soggy biscuit.

Ewhhh.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Just skimming down through this and for a minute I thought I had stumbled on some on line soggy biscuit.

You’ll need to explain that one to me.

CaptJon
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    Personally, I think its wrong to show it on TV. Most world religions also agree.

Granted it isn’t as good as Dr Who, but Torchwood isn’t that bad.

emsz
    Free Member

Tetchy? for having a point of view?

I just think it’s a bit sad that some people can’t see past the “straight” world.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Emsz – had it been a scene from “Captain Jack – his love for Angelo” then the scene would have been in context. I’m not arsed* about gay sex scenes – I’m just saying that the one in last night’s was unnecessary and I wonder about the decision making behind it.

* no pun intended.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Tbh,from what I’ve seen if I’ve been unfortunate enough to be passing through the room when it is on, the gay sex scenes are one of the least irritating parts of Torchwood.

Oddly I watched pretty much the whole of last nights episode and never even thought about the sex scenes till just now when derek pointed it(the “naked,gay romping” that is) out.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Did I say tetchy, sorry I meant stroppy.

😉

ski
    Free Member

It’s 2 people doing what comes naturally. Grow up? Turn over? Live in the real (alternate) world? Expand your horizons just a little?

spot on, nothing else needs to be said, imho.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m just saying that the one in last night’s was unnecessary

will we get a thread for every unnecessary straight love scene Derek ?

emsz
    Free Member

Derek, most sex scenes are unnecessary in most films/tv shows aren’t they? it’s just a way of getting viewing figures up.

Greame (gay hairdresser mate) was loving it though, I think he may have fainted with excitement at one point, LOL

uwe-r
    Free Member
    meehaja
    Free Member

2 people having sex? On TV? Whatever next? Soon our TV’s will be full of guns, violence, images of suffering and dead bodies and genuine cruelty as entertainment! Oh wait..

clubber
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    Greame (gay hairdresser mate) was loving it though, I think he may have fainted with excitement at one point, LOL

So was my wife… 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think you’re all missing the most important point that irrespective of who’s doing what to whom, the series still blows goats and no amount of gratuitous sex is going to change that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

soggy biscuit =

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soggy+biscuit

Oh I see, I think I’ll invite some good mates round tonight, a plate of biccies and channel 571, jobs a goodun.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve just read that soggy biscuit definition, and some of you are worried about gay sex scenes??!!??

GrahamS

Most world religions believe in invisible superheroes that live in the clouds.

It doesn’t make them right!

WackoAK
    Free Member

scruff – Member

WTF???

uwe-r
    Free Member

I hope my work internet usage is not monitored!

clubber
    Free Member

scruff – Member

Surely that’s a reason to show it 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I hope my work internet usage is not monitored!

Have you just “google imaged” it? 😯

That could take some explaining at your disciplinary hearing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Last night's Touchwood, sorry Torchwood…’ is closed to new replies.