Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 2,190 total)
  • Lance, latest have we done it yet.
  • tang
    Free Member

They might have to try and buy him out(he is a large share holder). I’m sure their lawyers are all over it right now! He should do sell up and give the money away.

piemonster

One of the greatest achivement of the modern age is giving you internet access while on the throne.

AMEN

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S_VelwmbPLE[/video]

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I’m in where do I send the money?

Lifer
    Free Member

Ummm…paypal….email in profile?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is the technicality that USADA got him on that he was a lieing cheating dope taker ?
    Is it a piss take?

Lifer
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Anybody else tempted to dontate?

nicko74

dontate?

Saw that. Still can’t work out if it’s a joke or not

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lifer can we transfer Kasae to the organisation ?

They are mentalists – arguing healthcare for all will costs lifes
    and my favourite

Since Thomas Edison and the Spindletop gushers that started the Texas oil boom, America has been the world leader in energy development. From electricity to nuclear power, American technology and industrial innovations have fueled global economic transformation with new forms of energy.

Today, we’re pioneering in new areas like conservation and green energy technologies. And America can continue to be the global energy leader for decades to come –

I cannot think why they dont point out that the Us of A consumes more than 25 % of the power of the planet despite their population being less than 5 % of the population

It really is, at times, a strange an unenlightened country

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I had pleasure of watching Monster Trucks on the Extreme channel with my 4 year old today; any country that can sell out a stadium and cheer a clown cars is FUBAR

warton
    Free Member

reading that article it appears that the sole aim of livestrong is to promote Lance,

Err, yeah, whats your point?

higgo
    Free Member

I had pleasure of watching Monster Trucks on the Extreme channel with my 4 year old today; any country that can sell out a stadium and cheer a clown cars is FUBAR

If you’ve not been to a monster truck show you won’t undertand.
    Awesome.

p.s. LALA is a lying, cheating, scumbag bully.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Heard on the radio this am that Trek had left Armstrong.

piemonster

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/10/news/nike-ends-relationship-with-armstrong-continues-livestrong-collaboration_261699

Nike, Trek Bicycles, RadioShack and Giro have terminated their contracts with Lance Armstrong

Oakley?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You know Lance invented yellow? Well that means he’s responsible for a Coldplay song. That’s worse than doping. F$*%£+g w$*&^r. 😈

warton
    Free Member

Nike, Trek Bicycles, RadioShack and Giro have terminated their contracts with Lance Armstrong

Doesn’t he pretty much own Trek? I thought he was one of the biggest shareholders?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Nah … I’ve read this morn it’s less than 1%… of course that could be monkeys

warton
    Free Member

Mashek said Armstrong still retains the small share of the company.

“He was granted a very small share in the early 1990s, less than a quarter of one percent,” Mashek said. “The majority is privately held by the Burke family

Yeah, I was mistaken. Still, I wouldn’t say no to a quarter of a % in Trek!

warton
    Free Member

Glitch

wisepranker
    Free Member

According to the article about it on Bikeradar, Lance owns a tiny pat of Trek,

“He was granted a very small share in the early 1990s, less than a quarter of one percent,” Mashek said. “The majority is privately held by the Burke family.”

Only Oakley left to go then that’s the big sponsors all gone!
    I wonder if any of the big name sponsors will try and sue to get their money back that they paid him during the doping years?

wisepranker
    Free Member

According to the article about it on Bikeradar, Lance owns a tiny pat of Trek,

“He was granted a very small share in the early 1990s, less than a quarter of one percent,” Mashek said. “The majority is privately held by the Burke family.”

Only Oakley left to go then that’s the big sponsors all gone!
    I wonder if any of the big name sponsors will try and sue to get their money back that they paid him during the doping years?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

There is so much money involved and legal/business ties between lance/livestrong and the sponsors, it renders these statements about dropping him fairly meaningless. They need to be seen to be doing something. By the sounds of it, most of them where complicit in the doping regime by exerting financial and political pressure to protect their biggest star.

As for Lance stepping down from being chairman of the Lance PR campaign (or his ‘cancer shield’ as it’s been called) that is Livestrong, he’s still on the board and I’m sure it will continue to function in exactly the same way.

I hope to see the heat turn firmly onto the UCI and McQuaid/Verbruggen in the next week or so.

rkk01
    Free Member

Hmmm – Have been looking at a Trek Madone…

The proliferation of LaLa photos in their marketing material was a little unsettling 🙁

davidjones15
    Free Member

Assuming they return the money made while he was endorsing their products, why not?

rkk01
    Free Member

Trek appear to have purged their website of LA photos

rkk01
    Free Member

The knives are most definately out…

Act or Quit

Verbruggen under pressure

stevomcd
    Free Member

Oakley have stated that their policy is to stand by their athletes until charges are proven either in a court of law or by the highest recognised sporting body. They have therefore said that they are standing by LA until the UCI make their decision.

shedfull
    Free Member

I was thinking the other day, it’s only a matter of time before Strava strip Lance of his KOMs. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Assuming they return the money made while he was endorsing their products, why not?

Perhaps you could expand on the principles of marketing for us all?
    You sound like you really understand it
    Have you considered teaching this somewhere hot?

crazy-legs

Hmm, looks like the naughty Dr Ferrari may not have got the letter banning him from working with athletes…

http://road.cc/content/news/69193-20-teams-dozens-riders-and-%E2%82%AC30m-italian-doping-inquiry-bigger-operacion-puerto

Lifer
    Free Member

😯

aracer
    Free Member

I was thinking the other day, it’s only a matter of time before Strava strip Lance of his KOMs

I don’t believe Strava recognises USADA.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so they share the same view as LA then 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

Im surprised at the surprise ‘believers’ have shown regarding LA and his doping
    “surely it can’t be true?” 8O. 🙄
    the evidence has been out there for years, just goes to show that a bit of guillability and marketing can fool the masses into believing anything.

I also find the use of the word ‘allegations’ by the Lance enablers equally amusing, as if they are still open to question.

grum
    Free Member

That Stand Up For Lance website has gone and so has the video on youtube.

Was it a joke and they’ve been made to take it down, or was it genuine and someone at Restore America’s Voice realise they had backed a loser? Their site is still there.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Rabobank end sponsorship of pro cycling..

“We are not confident that this will change for the better in the foreseeable future”

How many more will follow suit?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Great to see a bank taking the moral high ground. There is no room for liars and cheats in sport.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Lance, latest have we done it yet.’ is closed to new replies.