Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,190 total)
  • Lance, latest have we done it yet.
  • Nobby

Theory is that the Obama administration didn’t want to be heading towards an election year prosecuting an “American hero” so the new US Attorney (appointed by the Obama administration) dropped it all. They never said there was no evidence nor wrongdoing, just they were dropping it.

That’s all I’ve seen – surely they can’t avoid it if the USADA ruling isn’t challenged? If I were a Murken citizen I’d want to see justice done now.

mefty
    Free Member

With SCA, there was a contractual get-out which said if he was cheating they didn’t have to pay the insured bonus sum. This was the whole bone of the court case they had with Lance/Tailwind

I think it was subtler than this as the evidence of his doping was ignored in the judgement, contractually they were due to pay even if he cheated but was awarded the race. Whether this will stand now if he is stripped is another question.

BTW Phil Liggett says he has been a fool of of but still supports Lance and he received a text of text from a big scientist who said Lance would be dead if he took all the stuff he is accused of. He is still digging – maybe he is looking for a gig on Gardeners’ World.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Hora so have you had enough time to ponder my question?

so do you still think he’s innocent and didn’t dope?
    just wonderin like.

crikey
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q03sc8Aoyk0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

piemonster

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

piemonster
    Holyzeus
    Free Member

Crikey.
    That was a good documentary

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The Five Live special last night made interesting listening. You can probably find it online.

piemonster

“I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head,” a friend of Armstrong’s who worked for one of his sponsors said in a 2008 voicemail that was turned over to federal investigators.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/lance-pedaling-lies-article-1.1181408#ixzz29SsveSX9

Rockape63
    Free Member

Maybe he never even had cancer?

Who knows what to believe??

jfletch
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can download the 5 live program? I want to listen in the car on my iPhone but the iPlayer radio app doesn’t enable downloads.

mikey74
    Free Member

I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but this was brought to my attention:

Lawyers letter linky

MrGreedy

The thing that always gets me about the Andreu allegation –

The Andreus say that when he was being treated for cancer, Lance told doctors he’d previously taken performance enhancing drugs. Armstrong says this never happened.

Er, why can’t any of the doctors confirm/deny? I know there’s patient confidentiality, but surely if there’s been a federal investigation they could have been subpoenaed and we’d have a black and white answer?

Lifer
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but this was brought to my attention:

Lawyers letter linky

Didn’t read it all, didn’t need to. Written in the style of a petulant child, absolute piffle. Mentions USADA’s ‘lack of jurisdiction’ for a start but my favourite is:

But there won’t really be a “reasoned decision.” And, because USADA’s improper conduct has continued without restraint, fair-minded Americans (including Mr. Armstrong), concerned about USADA’s waste of their tax dollars and unfair treatment of athletes, will support the long overdue legislative reform to make USADA accountable, such as the bill two U.S. Congressmen have introduced aimed at reforming USADA, the “Athlete Due Process Protection Act.”

The implication being anyone who supports USADA is NOT fair-minded.

The hipocrisy of lambasting USADA for it’s use of tax dollars is pretty staggering too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whoever wrote that letter could be a ig hitter on here – they have certainly helped el;evate lawyers in my eyes.

its like they think if they repeat lies often enough they become truths

Still arguing the hearing was unfair despite the judges ruling that it was fair. Claiming that an “overwhelming public condemnation” of USADA – FFS they cannot actually believe that one can they??
    Arguing it was not a reasoned decision because no one heard the case was just funny/tragic/pathetic though they may gain some pedantry points – I note it did not deny he had cheated oor that he took drugs.
    LA knows he has no chance of defeating this evidence in a court, he chickened out to safe face and continue lying.
    It is embarassing to see him keep doing this

FFS lawyers will do anything for money that is like the tantrum of a teenager

Rest assured, the public will not sit idly by whilse USADA continues to try and justify uts exsitence with a prosecution charade and attempted public charachter assination of Mr Amstron

Deary me – do even his close friends beleive this shit?

crazy-legs

It’s reasonably well written though and to a lay-person, it introduces just that necessary glimmer of doubt and allows LA/LiveStrong to keep up with the witch-hunt line.

It’s pretty telling that donations to LiveStrong have gone up 5-fold in the last few weeks so there are plenty of people out there who either won’t or don’t want to believe the whole sorry mess.

This will drag on for years now – personally i think it’s a good thing that this has all come out, it may well force the change that everyone hoped would happen post-Festina.

clubber
    Free Member

LA knows he has no chance of defeating this evidence in a court, he chickened out to safe face and continue lying.

Actually, I reckon he has to keep denying or he’ll be up for perjury for certain, won’t he? If he keeps denying he can hope that he’ll get away without that…

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye fair point clubber

Perhaps LA doing time is the only thing that will end this but even then he will still protest.

leffeboy

If he needs to he can probably do time, come back, write a massive best seller and recoup his losses on the speaking tour market in no time

Martha Stewart anyone?

Junkyard
    Free Member

and a film

Now who would he have play himself in the film?

leffeboy

Yep, there has to be a film. There is no way he is going to lose out of this is there 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

hey he is doing it all for cancer in a very ill defined promotion way

Has anyone seen the accounts from Livestrong as I would imagine hte 5 x claim is not true

leffeboy

Yep, I don’t even slightly believe that claim. Most likely they took a very tightly defined period, eg. the day after the report, and then went on number of individual donations rather than the amount

piemonster

jfletch – Member
    Anyone know where I can download the 5 live program? I want to listen in the car on my iPhone but the iPlayer radio app doesn’t enable downloads.

franksinatra

Has anyone actualy worked out how LiveStrong saves lives? I looked at the website and couldn’t really understand it. It doesn’t seem to fund research or directly support sufferers.

Lifer
    Free Member

Only has a list of ‘Research Grantees’ up to 2007

Junkyard
    Free Member

It promotes survivavbility and has huge conferences to raise awarenes – with paid speakers – can you guess who

IIRC it markets itself as some sort of “cancer promtion” type thing- no I dont really get what this means either] but it is quite vagie what they do and nothing like [ imho] as useful as it could be with that sort of money

I think they do some training and support but I am not sure what

MrSmith
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member
    Hora so have you had enough time to ponder my question?
    so do you still think he’s innocent and didn’t dope?
    just wonderin like.
    POSTED 22 HOURS AGO #

Well?

Fantombiker

+1 franksinatra

I don’t get ‘Livestrong’. It does not give (very much) money to cancer research, yet promotes awareness. Surely everyone is aware of cancer?? What is its purpose? Does LA take a massive salary out of it? Who are the beneficiaries? This does not ‘feel’ right.

Fantombiker

I think Livestrong needs investigating, who are the beneficiaries if they are not giving to medical research? If LA is taking anything out of this charity then it is suspicious.

tang
    Free Member

Omega have just terminated its contract with Levi Leipheimer. Listened to the 5live today, horrible.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bumpty Glitch

Lifer
    Free Member

FFS bump

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Live strong as posted earlier has raised $440M and only spent $20M on research. The rest is spent on “empowering” sufferers and “awareness”. Phil liggett has been paid to speak at livestrong seminars…

grum
    Free Member

If LA is taking anything out of this charity then it is suspicious.

I believe he used some it’s money to pay his legal costs.

grum
    Free Member

It’s pretty telling that donations to LiveStrong have gone up 5-fold in the last few weeks so there are plenty of people out there who either won’t or don’t want to believe the whole sorry mess.

Didn’t someone say on that programme that his image in America is largely still that of a hero, even after all these revelations? People either don’t believe it or don’t care?

And yes, where are hora and RealMan on these threads?

Junkyard
    Free Member

he wont have taken directly in an illegal manner as he is not stupid

It is clear than brand Armstrong and Livestrong are intertwined to the betterment of LA’s profile which doubtlessly makes him more marketable or richer. Then again it is his so what would expect a back seat partner? He certainly never fails to mention it when he is attacked – see the lawyers letter above for example.

cchris2lou

L equipe are today saying that Nike and another sponsor of lance ( a banker ) , paid $500000 on a swiss bank account of the former uci president . It was to find a solution to the positive test in 1999 on tdf .

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Lance, latest have we done it yet.’ is closed to new replies.