Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Ladlow rocks death.
  • banks
    Free Member
    rob-jackson
    Free Member

shit

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Sad news. Condolences to their family, and friends.

eskay

Tragic news, best wishes to all those left behind and to a fellow rider.

lowey

Shocking. Condolences to family and friends.

🙁

nbt

Awful news for the rider’s friends and family and for the MRT guys who had to deal with it 🙁

banks
    Free Member

Laddow rocks even.

The usual roll call of mtb’ers today is worryingly quiet 🙁

spacemonkey

🙁

Condolences to family and friends.

bland

Bad times and not many folk ride it so I’m praying its not someone I know, really terrible news, thoughts with the family!

jamj1974

Tragic. Condolences to their loved ones.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tragic.

My thoughts are with the family and those with the rider.

hora
    Free Member

RIP 🙁

fathomer

Terrible news, condolences to their loved ones.

milkyman
    Free Member

I was up near there yesterday, and It was chucking it down at the time I saw the helicopter and heard all the sirens, I did just wonder what was going on, I have lived round there all my life and I have never known there was a route up there, its hard enough walking it, really sad news all the same

therealhoops
    Free Member

Stay safe out there!

Beeb linky

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Terrible news. Thoughts are with family and friends

soobalias
    Free Member

RiP unknown biker.

portlyone

RIP

robdob
    Free Member

Oh that’s awful. A very sad day indeed.

Thanks so much for the mountain rescue guys for all their efforts. We can’t give too much money to these guys. Sad to hear their efforts were ultimately in vain on this occasion, hope they are ok.

matt1986
    Free Member

So so sad RIP prayers with the families.

And we owe so much to the mountain rescue teams.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Very sad news.

jonathan
    Free Member

I was doing some training with Oldham MRT back in April below Chew Reservoir and was chatting to some “well kitted” local riders heading in that direction 🙁

Sad news

mt
    Free Member

milkyman You are right there is no legal route up there but it has been part of a circuit (if you don’t mind pushing/carrying) that’s been done for years (mid 1980’s). What you could call a really early bit of cheeky.

Sad for all concerned.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Terrible news 🙁

I don’t know the area. Is that a fairly dangerous place?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Very sad news RIP

banks
    Free Member

@jonothan. What’s worrying me, only really ‘proper’ riders who be up there – so one of us really… although it seems that this guy is on his own..

iain1775
    Free Member

RIP
    Condolences to all family, friends and the brave volunteers that attempted the rescue
    Tonight I shall head out for a quiet local ride to pay my respects

radar
    Free Member

Thoughts are with friends and family.

Kinder MRT donations page: http://www.justgiving.com/kmrt/Donate

or find your local team here: http://www.mountain.rescue.org.uk/teams-and-regions/teams

mt
    Free Member

deadkenny

It’s no worse than many places but it is really steep ground dropping from the top of Laddow down towards Crowden/Longdendale.

Laddow rocks are an interesting place to climb and one of the earliest places people crag climbed in England. Spectacular position and easy to underestimate. You can see the crags from the trans pennine trail if you look north once level with Crowden.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just googled it for image s- it does look immense for riding

ton

got a load of good mates who ride up there on a regular basis.
    hope they are all ok…… 🙁

Esme
    Free Member

Very sad, whoever he was. Even if we didn’t know him, he was someone‘s much-loved son, husband and father. RIP

milkyman
    Free Member

I think but not sure its part of the pennine way

Fluff66
    Free Member

Yep – It is part of the pennine way. Rare to see many people up there and never seen another biker, but locals do hit it from time to time.
    Heard the helicopter go over or gaff at ~midday yesterday. Very sad news.
    As Banks says, it’s not exactly ‘novice’ territory – You’d most likely be up there on a bike only if you knew the area and enjoyed “bigger” days out biking. So can’t help but think this is gonna be a local rider.
    As others said – quite a drop to Laddow. We also had some pretty heavy rain on Sunday am which would have affected riding conditions.
    A tragedy.
    Condolences to family and friends and some special thoughts also for the MRT who went out to him.

excitable1
    Free Member

Always hits a nerve when I hear of a death of another MTB’r, especially when they’re out doing the sort of trails that I like to do on my own. As has been said already, heartfelt condolences go out to their family and friends. RIP.

I’d planned a route up on the Peaks but because of bit of man flu I slept through my alarm. Before I woke up though I had a nightmare about riding through a gap in some stones and ending up hanging off an outcrop to stop a fall down a cliff face and couldn’t move from where I was. I jibbed the ride and did a local HT ride instead. Don’t worry I’m not doing a silly X file premonition thing and I don’t want to belittle the tragedy here, just a weird coincidence is all !!!

ton

just found out that the rider is a local from Holmfirth.
    very very sad. RIP.

Blower
    Free Member

RIP aye was known rider werent he Ton!

last bit of video “local” is it

RIP

wl
    Free Member

Wasn’t one of your crew was it, Blower? Tragic news whoever it was.

Blower
    Free Member

he was know within the old boys i think

wl
    Free Member

Grim news.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ladlow rocks death.’ is closed to new replies.