Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Just saying hello, new staff member here!
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

it’s been a while …
    …if you’re talking about it (and it’s relevant/bike-related)

It has been while hasn’t it? I’ll save you a bit of time…

identitizombie

Actually, this would be interesting… Who’s buying all our, I mean, the stuff? and why are the shops not replenishing stocks? I’m confused.

Many different reasons, manufacturing delays and backlogs due to the pandemic, import costs and changes, low stock availability. Coming from a cycling retailer prior to this, everyone is in the same position and everyone is working as hard as possible to get stock as and when it becomes available. It’s been a strange time, for a lot of industries.

I will see if there’s anything we can do on this, would be interesting to talk to ‘the industry’ about it.

timbog160

I’m thinking Wensleydale for t’Boltby Bash…

binners

If anyone needs a 142 x 12 Shimano Thru Axle I may be able to help

toby1

@identizombie

Hello and welcome 🙂

Important on the chat forum are, when is the new version of the forum coming?
    What car threads.
    Petty arguments.
    Coffee.

Bike industry news, that’d probably rely on us realising there was a site connected to the forum and knowing what it’s about and really, we’re all clueless!

stwhannah

@binman you might find the latter part of this podcast of interest – I talked to Mike Sanderson about supply chain stuff. https://singletrackworld.com/2021/02/singletrack-podcast-cairn-cycles-and-the-adventure-1-0-egravel-bike/

tomhoward

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

News you say….26 aint dead
    Do people still get “Owned with Bombers??”
    Does my bum look big in lycra?
    Tyres…its always about tyres.

duncancallum

More interviews I’d love one with John Stamsted. For example

Looking at how to minimize your environmental impact. Not just in climate way but how to ride and how to pick routes that wont degrade with weather. How not to be a Dick personally

I also miss the short through the grinder reviews. So can we have a mini review on some of the Fresh goods Friday stuff. So a slightly muddy Monday round up of bits. Obviously not everything.

welshfarmer

Hi Lauren and welcome to the mad house.

I don’t suppose anyone knows f somewhere I could get hold of a Syntace X12 142/12 rear axle as I appear to have stripped the threads on mine 🙁

timmys

Hello!

Re. daily news – can we have the RSS feed back please?

binners

I don’t suppose anyone knows f somewhere I could get hold of a Syntace X12 142/12 rear axle as I appear to have stripped the threads on mine

Well, hello…

Could I interest you in a DT Swiss one? One idiotic male owner…

IHN

At this point the landlady of the pub we stayed in last weekend got in touch to say she’d found my thru axle sat on the wall outside the pub and she’d post it to me.

This reminds me of the time I left my jacket in a pub a group of us stayed in for a biking weekend. Eight of us took all four of their rooms for two nights, drank (a lot) in the pub both nights and ate (a lot) in the pub both nights. I realised I’d left my jacket when I got home, rang the place, and the landlady said she’d found it and would post it. But only if I sent her the £3.50 for the postage…

binman

Thank you @stwHannah, will give it a listen.

duncancallum

@timbog160

Good call… we going boggo wenslydale or something a touch more exciting like apricot and ginger?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m thinking Wensleydale for t’Boltby Bash…

@timbog160

Good call… we going boggo wenslydale or something a touch more exciting like apricot and ginger?

Firstly, it’s Shepherds purse country, not Wensleydale, I’d recommend the bluemin white.

Secondly, cheese with bits in it is about the most terrible thing you could do to cheese except not making it from milk, even then it only ranks above that particular sin as salt crystals count as bits.

apedoctor
    Free Member

Hello!

Not really news, but I’d like to see more stuff about the nature surrounding mtb. The changing of the seasons, the stuff that’s beyond the trail.

Mark

can we have the RSS feed back please?

Sorry. But it’s not coming back.

bruneep

Staff members free loading 🙄 whatever next?

dyna-ti

‘Waves’ Mumbles hello in a non creepy way*.

*This lot don’t get out much, they start posting at 5am.

scruff9252

Lauren… do you want me to take some pictures of all the thru axles for the big splash on the news page? Maybe we could do it tabloid style with me holding all three while looking forlorn?

The article would also need a good photo of “compo face Binners, pointing at a wall”

tjagain

Welcome to the jungle

toby1

Can we use the magazine address to post spare through axles in to, then they can all be forwarded onto @binners and he could end up with hundreds?

footflaps

26″ tyres, when are they coming back in fashion? I have a whole shed full I’m hoping to make a killing on.

stwhannah

Not really news, but I’d like to see more stuff about the nature surrounding mtb. The changing of the seasons, the stuff that’s beyond the trail.

@apedoctor
    I’m in the middle of trying to make something like this happen, glad someone else is interested apart from me!

abingham

Yes, agree UK racing content would be ace. Exposure TwentyFour/12 in the summer would be good one as the UK 12/24h national champs!

timbog160

Also, what about Megavalanche? I’m thinking Reblochon, or maybe a fondue of some sort…

funkmasterp

Hello, welcome and good luck in your new job.

chewkw
    Free Member

HellOooo! How do you do 😁

maxtorque

Welcome!

Has the ST Towers buscuit fund been commensurately boosted to cope with your arrival or is it now, more than ever, a case of first come, first served?? 🙂

news wise, i’d like to see news items on how the MTB community is reaching out to other trail / country side users post lockdown, to make sure we all are represented out their fairly

stwhannah

I did the Julbo Enduro Jura once. Comte were one of the sponsors – the feed stations were amazing!

(Sorry Lauren. Have your realised yet that this is actually just a cheese and pie appreciation meme generator, not a mtb site?)

>goes off to create new staff induction glossary: Louise, Lawn Sausages, Baby Robins…<

Edukator
    Free Member

You do realise that whilst many of us ride mountain bikes we are far more interested in other stuff, especially if there’s a bike link. Your journo colleague Mike Davies got more interest in his bike-friendly camper van build than any straight MTB article he ever wrote. Assuming this is you:

http://www.lauren-jenkins.co.uk/

Bike-friendly flat renovation
    Bike-friendly cafes
    Heritage MTB rides

Something that means I spend more than 40 seconds on the home page before clicking on ‘forum’ to find something interesting.

Your first article needs to be covering Molgrip’s first triathlon and test riding/driving his MTB/Passat. I’m surprised no-one has suggested driving to the ‘Ring’ in a Caterham 500 with an MTB in the passenger seat, beating Sabrina’s time in the Transit and riding the local trails with YouTubes.

identitizombie

More axles, more cheese, more nature, more UK racing. Editorial have noted all requests!

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! I will be lurking around the forum, but if there’s anything you think needs to go up, please drop me a message.

Look forward to getting to know everyone a bit better (am I going to regret that?).

sparksmcguff

Hello 👋
    The topic “has MTB lost its green sheen” or whatever it was the other day seems worthy of a bit of journalistic rigour. So any short news items around health/ well-being/ the environment.

kayak23

Sup Loz 👊

aide

Hello and hope you enjoy your new job Lauren. I think the idea of a follow up on the FGF items is a good one. Everything looks good when it’s nice and shiny but it’s better knowing what it’s like a few months down the line. Even if just a few things get a recommended and some even get a ‘buy this instead’ or ‘I put this part back on instead of…’ (I understand if you slate something the brand might not hand out more goodies so you don’t want to say anythings bad as such). I always like the yearly staff recommendations and think a bit more of this would be good

reluctantjumper

Welcome identitizombie/Lauren! Good to see even the STW staff can find some time to waste reading all of the drivel/crap/insightfulness that gets posted on here. Hopefully you’ll have some brilliant tune choices for when you get lumbered with Fresh Goods Friday if your pictures on Instagram are any indication.

@apedoctor
    I’m in the middle of trying to make something like this happen, glad someone else is interested apart from me!

I’ve always wondered what us riders look like from the perspective of an animal. Something like a cow sat under a tree in the rain looking at us riding by thinking we’re all idiots or a badger wondering why we like to ride these strange contraptions through their toilet/wash pool. May be sheep place bets between each other about who can lay the most, ‘Poo Mines’ on a fast descent and get the most ‘Hits’ on a group of us! Or (to keep it forum-centric) maybe an interview with all of the baby bluebells vying to get their photo in the Annual Bluebell Thread! So many possibilities.

roger_mellie

Hello, good evening and welcome.

I think the idea of a follow up on the FGF items is a good one.

Thirded.

joshvegas
    Free Member

What the **** is a mtb and why does it keep getting mentioned on this coffee forum?

jodafett

Used Goods Friday?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Just saying hello, new staff member here!’ is closed to new replies.