Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Just saying hello, new staff member here!
  • identitizombie

Hello all,

Wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I’m Lauren. I’m going to be taking care of daily news on the site and making sure there’s more regular content.

So, if you have any news that you think is interesting, drop me a message or say hello on social media (you can find my Insta/Twitter on my profile)

It would be great to hear more about what you’re all interested in and want to see more of?

So, yes – hello!

paulhaycraft

Hello

oopnorth
    Free Member

Hello Lauren…and welcome!!!

identitizombie

Hello 🙂

matt_outandabout

Wotcha.

Where do you stand on Conti Vert Pro’s?

thols2

It would be great to hear more about what you’re all interested in and want to see more of?

Regular updates on new industry standards. Also, any sightings of Louise.

sc-xc

Hi Lauren. I would have thought the tyrants you work for would give you ‘full member’ status 😉

Bunnyhop

Welcome Lauren.

edhornby

Hi Lauren – welcome 🙂 I’d imagine that availability of places to ride that were previously closed (now that the world is opening up) would be the most useful thing atm

most important following the discussion at MNPR last night was pubs open late enough for us to have a beer after the riding 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Welcome to the asylum

Keando

Hello & Welcome

Yak

Hello Lauren. Welcome!

News? Well pinkbike cover all the world-cup and some uk stuff. But how about some coverage to the smaller UK races and events? We have just had the Dales Divide – record times and mega epics for some. That sort of thing. Inspiring folk as we start to return to normal.

Cheers!

jamj1974

Welcome!

footflaps

Welcome to the asylum

+1

NB You can earn time off for good behaviour.

DezB
    Free Member

Hello.
    Lots of stuff about trail dogs please (I’ve nosed at the insta stuff). It upsets all the right people 😀

tthew

Hi Lauren.

Binners found his missing thru axle. Is that the kind of content you were after?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Binners found his missing thru axle. Is that the kind of content you were after?

I’m not sure how content binners can be with finding his thru axle but I’m pretty sure I don’t want to read about it either way.

binners

I’m also keeping a running tally of how much my thru-axle stupidity has cost me so far this week

£69.98 so far

Definitely newsworthy

And more importantly… hello Lauren. Welcome aboard

I’m not sure how content binners can be with finding his thru axle but I’m pretty sure I don’t want to read about it either way.

Well, you say that, but this is the most excitement theres been on the MNPR WhatApp group since DazH bought a can of IPA that cost the same as the GDP of Portugal

DezB
    Free Member

Binners found his missing thru axle

Phew, I’ve been wondering about that 😀

binners

If there isn’t going to be a news article on the front page, I can update you all on the rolling farce of thru-axle-gate

cakefacesmallblock

Hi Lauren.
    British 4x racing series gets very little coverage is alive and well. Doesn’t get much coverage. I have only dabbled with it. Not truly my bag, but never many more friendly folk having fun on bikes on hillsides in uk .

sandwicheater

A hoy hoy.

You don’t need to do the odd two post thing, fancy!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Hope your less of a sociopath than Cougar.How’s your dress sense?
    Welcome

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m also keeping a running tally of how much my thru-axle stupidity has cost me so far this week

£69.98 so far

So when you say “found”, do you really mean “bought a new one”?

nickjb
    Free Member

Hi Lauren and welcome. Are you planning to use the forum? It would be good to see more of a connect with the news on the main site and chat on here. We sometimes talk about some news story with a link to pinkbike or bikeradar and the like even though there is a story here on the home page. Might mean we actually talk about bikes a bit more.

Trimix
    Free Member

Hello 🙂

How about how UK riders are doing round the world in DH, XCO, Cyclocross, EWS etc. Inside news on stuff we wont get from a press release.

binners

So when you say “found”, do you really mean “bought a new one”?

No. I bought two new ones.

Obviously, firstly I (wrongly) made the assumption that all 142 x 12 thru axles are the same, so I ordered a Shimano one that arrived and is a completely different thread pitch. So I then ordered another (Syntace X12) one, which does fit (I think). At this point the landlady of the pub we stayed in last weekend got in touch to say she’d found my thru axle sat on the wall outside the pub and she’d post it to me.

So now I’ve got 3 thru axles, only two of which fit

See…. Its all exciting stuff this, isn’t it? Definitely newsworthy.

Lauren… do you want me to take some pictures of all the thru axles for the big splash on the news page? Maybe we could do it tabloid style with me holding all three while looking forlorn?

tthew

It would be good to see more of a connect with the news on the main site and chat on here.

There was a front page article the other week where the comments were a forum thread – it worked really well! Can we have that functionality back please.

Kryton57

NB You can earn time off for good behaviour.

Dont tell Cougar…

Sandwich

Hi Lauren.

Cougar

Oh Lauren. Did no-one warn you? Posting here is the equivalent of sending the new starter for a long stand and ten metres of fallopian tubing.

Welcome aboard. The coffee’s good.

Hope your less of a sociopath than Cougar.

Hey, I’ll have you know I’m a higher-functioning sociopath.

binman

Welcome.

Could you cover the availability of spares please ?  Knowing when a SRAM NX cassette lands in the UK would be newsworthy.

identitizombie

Hi Lauren and welcome. Are you planning to use the forum? It would be good to see more of a connect with the news on the main site and chat on here. We sometimes talk about some news story with a link to pinkbike or bikeradar and the like even though there is a story here on the home page. Might mean we actually talk about bikes a bit more.

I hope my reply to this works, it’s been a while since I’ve actually written a post on the forum. Yes, I will be around and seeing what everyone is chatting about. Chances are if you’re talking about it (and it’s relevant/bike-related) then it will be good for news.

identitizombie

Hello.
    Lots of stuff about trail dogs please (I’ve nosed at the insta stuff). It upsets all the right people 😀

I would be a fan of this also. Training and education (for both people and dogs) I know they aren’t everyone’s favourite but more on the topic can’t be a bad thing (from a variety of perspectives).

DezB
    Free Member

Could you cover the availability of spares please ?

Actually, this would be interesting… Who’s buying all our, I mean, the stuff? and why are the shops not replenishing stocks? I’m confused.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Hi Lauren, may i suggest that you approach your new role as a “care in the community” type job.

I am sure there must be Government funding for looking after this lot.

duncancallum

@binners

It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions let me tell you.

Not even steves plumbing woes have come close

Can we do a What cheese for enduro please, maybe match a type with an event so…

Caws Teifi for the Dyfi?

willard

I just had a cornetto. Newsworthy?

Also, hej från Sverige!

rossburton
    Free Member

Local race coverage is actually a good idea. ie Bike Park Kernow is hosting the Cornish Downhill Championship on 4th July.

richmtb

Welcome!

Binners thru-axle story sounds similar to the reason I have 4 cassette tool, although nowhere near as exciting obvs.

Could you cover the availability of spares please ? Knowing when a SRAM NX cassette lands in the UK would be newsworthy.

Yeah the great bike part drought of 2021 could do with a bit of journalistic rigor.

If there is a way to blame Brexit then even better 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Just saying hello, new staff member here!’ is closed to new replies.