Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 569 total)
  • Jordan Peterson on Chris Evans’ Breakfast Show
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

A short but effective clip that summarises his broad position and what he is most concerned with. Worth a listen to introduce yourself to his ideas or if you just want to froth and foam at the mouth like a left wing biggot. Skip to 1hr 45min

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b25dbj

IHN

or if you just want to froth and foam at the mouth like a left wing biggot

Way to win over your audience there Greg.

TheFlyingOx

I’m not really about frothing and foaming at the mouth. Can I just quietly “harrumph” in a slightly right of left-of-centre manner?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I was making the distinction between being ‘left wing’ and a ‘left wing biggot’. You can be one or the other but being left wing doesn’t remotely make you a biggot and I never suggested that. Of course you can also be a right wing biggot and just a plain old biggot.

DezB
    Free Member

Is a biggot like an overgrown maggot?

I don’t like Chris Evans.. I’d consider him a biggot.

verses

Is it funnier than the interview on TFI Friday where Shaun Ryder gave Chris his shoes?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well why didn’t you type that??

Anyway after you multiple attempts to introduce us to his ideas, I’ve had a read around. He makes a lot of cash doesn’t he? Most of that from the poor white guys he is trying to empower by taking their cash?

surfer
    Free Member

I don’t like Chris Evans.. I’d consider him a biggot

What has he done to be considered a biggot? just asking like.

sbob
    Free Member

I like Chris Evans, great taste in cars.

Never met the chap but I did once assemble him some golf clubs.

DezB
    Free Member

What has he done to be considered a biggot? just asking like.

Well, you have to ask yourself, what actually is a biggot? Too cryptic for some people, me.

surfer
    Free Member

No fan of his, but why did you characterise him as a biggot?

nickc

It’s Bigot.

Standards these days of frothy right wing crypto-fascists, honestly.

DezB
    Free Member

No fan of his, but why did you characterise him as a biggot?

Well, you have to ask yourself, what actually is a biggot?

Maybe use bloody Google or something. Jeez

Nico
    Free Member

Well, you have to ask yourself, what actually is a biggot?

While you’re about it, ask yourself how to spell “bigot”.

surfer
    Free Member

I am not asking what a bigot is, I am asking why you called him one?

njee20
    Free Member

With the shit quoting it’s hard to tell, but I assume it was a joke on the basis that a “biggot” [sic] was a ‘big maggot’, ie he just doesn’t like Chris Evans, not thinks he’s actually a bigot.

kerley
    Free Member

if you just want to froth and foam at the mouth like a left wing biggot.

better than frothing in the never regions like a Jordan Peterson fan boy bigot

You have found that most people think he is an idiot so don’t need to continually create a post every time some other idiot gives him air time.  What are you hoping to achieve?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The pious sanctimony is the frothiest, foamiest thing on this thread. Foamy, frothy spam.

MSP

This seems to be his audience

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-44053828

DezB
    Free Member

it was a joke

Ah, the best ones always have to be explained eh? 🙁

I just read my post back. The 2 sentences were really close together. I’ll have a word with perchy as to how I can make my humour more everyman.

binners

You still banging on about that bell end? Not really had that much joy enlarging your one man fan club, have you?

Maybe its because everyone else has got enough between their ears – left wing, bitggoted, maggotted, or whatever –  to see him for what he is. He’s just the Tom Cruise character out of Magnolia, who got a haircut and bought a suit…

Good luck with your continued misogynistic crusade though. With racism very much back in fashion, I suppose this was the next logical step

DezB
    Free Member

This seems to be his audience

That’s an eye-opener for sure.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@MSP coincidentally that came up in one of my podcast feeds

https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/120-invcel#episode-player

Bit more depth and background to how things got to where they are – which ties into how people like Jordan Peterson are exploiting & extorting these guys, same as the bible bashing millionaire preachers asking for your donations or the Scientologists wanting you to pay for the next level.

sbob
    Free Member

I also made some super long golf clubs for a thalidomide victim who had almost perfectly formed hands growing out of his shoulders but with no real arms.

Dude had an amazing swing considering.

footflaps

You have found that most people think he is an idiot so don’t need to continually create a post every time some other idiot gives him air time. What are you hoping to achieve?

Like most evangelical religious people, he doesn’t let reality get in the way….

As for making money, JP is raking it in on Patreon, people pay him $1m/year just to keep him picking arguments with the LGBT community etc…

PrinceJohn

Never heard of him, a quick google seems to suggest he manipulates people to make himself very rich?

Those incels tho, wow. That’s a scary ticking timebomb.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

In the absence of frothing leftard cuck boggarts, this should do it:

salad_dodger

What is it about JP that makes you such a fan geetee?

sbob
    Free Member

Then there was the time I got drunk with Debbie McGee and we ended up hitting balls on the range, but I’m starting to run out of golfing anecdotes now, what with me not being a golfer.

Lovely woman.

IHN

Well, in the spirit of actually listening to the thing before commenting on it, I’ve just listened to the Chris Evans thing.

There was nothing in it that I’d have a problem with, and I’m a lefty snowflake hand wringer. However, there was also nothing in it of any particular substance, and it’s the only thing I’ve ever heard/seen of him, so can’t really say that I’ve formed any kind of real opinion on the man

IHN

I’ve also now listened to about ten minutes of Malvern Riders YouTube thing.

I think I’m coming down on the side of ‘not a fan’.

footflaps

I’ve also now listened to about ten minutes of Malvern Riders YouTube thing.

I think I’m coming down on the side of ‘not a fan’.

Putting it mildly, he seems to be a very unpleasant individual, espousing some very dangerous sexist ideas which will get people hurt (mainly women). Which probably explains his massive popularity amongst the Alt-right.

ransos
    Free Member

He’s superficially plausible if you have a chip on your shoulder and have misplaced your critical faculties.

Northwind

Fundamentally, people with a sense of unbelonging and victimhood are a perfect target to be used and exploited by scumbags. And if you’re a western white middle class heterosexual male with a sense of victimhood then you’re probably the best target of all, because you’re selfevidently a credulous halfwit desperately looking for someone to blame for your against-all-odds personal failure. Of course it’s women! Dur. I do feel a bit sorry for these dudes but not that sorry.

The incel/black pill thing is creepy as all hell though, it’s fundamentally a religious cult except they’ve cut away the religion. So they don’t even have the excuse of “god says”. And they’re up to, what, 30 claimed murders in the US in the last 5 years- though it’s still not classed as terrorism even though the attacks all read exactly like ISIS extremists.

footflaps

though it’s still not classed as terrorism even though the attacks all read exactly like ISIS extremists.

White people can’t be terrorists in Trump’s America, it’s what makes it so great (again).

binners

To get the measure of how truly obnoxious he is, all you need is the recent Cathy Newman interview with the **** on channel 4 news…

you don’t have to watch it all. Pick any bit of it and you’ll get the gist.

I’d say that if you’re supporting and promoting the kind of attitudes he’s expressing then you probably need to have a serious word with yourself

worth noting that Cathy Newman received numerous death and rape threats as a result of that interview.

so that’s the company you’re keeping

Cougar

I’d never heard of him.  First Google hit was this.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/how-dangerous-is-jordan-b-peterson-the-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest

Seems like a nice guy.

Listened to the interview, I didn’t take much away from it aside from the fact that a) he was there to promote his book and not much else and b) how much he sounds like Jimmy McGill / Saul Goodman.

jam-bo

how much he sounds like Jimmy McGill / Saul Goodman.

Kermit…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It’s funny you posted that Binners, I thought Newman comes across terribly in that interview. She’s trying to put words in his mouth and not actually listening to what he’s saying at all.

Putting it mildly, he seems to be a very unpleasant individual, espousing some very dangerous sexist ideas which will get people hurt (mainly women). Which probably explains his massive popularity amongst the Alt-right.

Care to quote some? I’ve not heard any and I listen to him quite a bit as my girlfriend is a fan.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘Jordan Peterson on Chris Evans’ Breakfast Show’ is closed to new replies.