Jeremy Forrest guilty what do we think ?

Home Forum Chat Forum Jeremy Forrest guilty what do we think ?

Viewing 18 posts - 136 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Jeremy Forrest guilty what do we think ?
  • Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Different strokes.

You have experience, Cougar? Do tell us more…

project

Despite all the training, all the eductation and lectures he had, he still choose to dump his wife and elope with one of his pupils,while in a position of trust over pupils,but quite a few people who took him on and warned him should seriously look at their ability to be in a position of trust that allowed this man mis guidedly to stay at the school so long.

The sad thing is he is definately not the first, 2 teachers locally being convicted of having sex with 2 different underage pupils, at the same school, which was a privetely funded one.

What would peoples thoughts be if the two of them ended up being married in 5 or 10 years time?

ninfan

What would peoples thoughts be if the two of them ended up being married in 5 or 10 years time?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EH0LNXnXI[/video]

Junkyard

He had previosly tryed it on with other underaged school girls

Why was this not presented at the trial and what on earth is your evidence for this?

how would you feel if it was your daughter?

I believe we separate the victims from the judgement because they make emotive decisions. Apparently the death sentence would be the punishment for bike theft according to some on here

To answer your question I doubt I would leap for joy but that hardly needs stating

I think the interesting thing is that some of those with sympathy for Jezza are ignoring the context here,

Well firstly you are confusing understanding with sympathy and wow he was her teacher wow I never realised thanks for the heads up 😕
    What do you think of the fact that many teachers have fallen for pupils and many have had happy relationships for the rest of their lives…does this add anything to your “love is not a defence ” argument?

What a strange question. In 5 or 10 years time the girl will no longer be a child. Why would anyone have an issue with a 40 year old marrying a 25 year old ?

If love is a defence,then many of the pet lovers I know might want to take things a little further,as Cougar says,different strokes.

3dvgirl

He had previosly tryed it on with other underaged school girls

Why was this not presented at the trial and what on earth is your evidence for this?

link to the evidence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10136139/Jeremy-Forrest-routinely-cuddled-me-aged-13-says-another-former-pupil.html

Junkyard

I wonder why they were never at the trial and why they never reported him- though one said she did to her parents. Interesting and if true that he had “form” it would alter my view massively

Cheers for the Link

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Interesting and if true that he had “form” it would alter my view massively

More likely it’s just some parent pushing their kids forward for a nice payout from a tabloid desperate for a scoop.

Alternatively the Judge wouldn’t allow it as bad character evidence, probative value v prejudicial effect so discounted it! Happens regularly in trials and you won’t find out until afterwards. Hey it only took the Jury 2 1/2 hours to find him guilty and it was a unanimous verdict so they clearly all realise he’s a dirty bertie teacher.

konabunny

“More likely it’s just some parent pushing their kids forward for a nice payout from a tabloid desperate for a scoop.”

Yeah, I don’t know why kids would be reluctant to tell adults when they’ve been abused, either. :rolleyes:

“Interesting and if true that he had “form” it would alter my view massively”

Without the defence attempting to introduce evidence of his previous good character (which would open the door to discrediting evidence) it generally wouldn’t be admissible (unless eg it showed a consistent pattern/methodology), for precisely the reason you demonstrate: juries would be distracted by what a wrong un the defendant is without considering whether he or she was guilty of the charge in question.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

There’s a couple of different things here, just going to talk about one… Just for the sake of argument, disregard the age of consent (imagine she was 18, if you prefer), see what that does to your own opinion. Would it be fine then for a teacher to have a relationship with a pupil? Our students are (mostly) 18+ but it’d still be an ethical no-no, it’s still a staff/student relationship, not a relationship of equals. Gross misconduct, etc etc, fundamentally Not Cool. (you could easily have a situation where the student is older than the staff member, still Not Cool)

(or as someone said the other day- graduation day is brilliant, because we’re not allowed to ogle the students but there’s no rules about their guests)

mudshark

If love is a defence,then many of the pet lovers I know might want to take things a little further,as Cougar says,different strokes.

Well it’s OK in some societies, who’s to say what’s right but gotta follow the rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20523950

3dvgirl

the plot thickens, this makes me think like wtf has really been going on?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4980242/Abducted-schoolgirl-I-want-to-wed-jailed-teacher.html

her dads supports the relationship.

Pigface

School trip to Los Angeles 😯

heresjonny

I work with his father, but have no further comment

Viewing 18 posts - 136 through 153 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Forrest guilty what do we think ?’ is closed to new replies.