Viewing 33 posts - 121 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Jeremy Forrest guilty what do we think ?
  • RustySpanner

oliverd1981 – Member
    Perhaps the girl is a scheming manipulator who set out to ruin the life of a very very dumb man and to try and get a very poor holiday to France.

So just supposing she is.
    How on earth does this justify his actions in any way whatsoever?

zokes
    Free Member

Can a condition of that be that he doesnt contact her even if she wants him to upon release?

Why?

zokes
    Free Member

So just supposing she is.
    How on earth does this justify his actions in any way whatsoever?

Well, everyone here is jumping up and down about how he was this cold-hearted manipulator of this poor defenceless emotionally immature girl. What if, hypothetically, it’s actually the other way round: he’s a very emotionally immature man, and she’s actually a shrewd young woman.

It seems to be emotional, as opposed to physical maturity that most are worrying about in regard to this. As I said above, I’ve known of some teenagers who seem intent on shagging their way through the alphabet, and bugger off to Ibiza just to do so. I’ve also known men and women in their 30s who’ve been emotionally distraught when it transpires that the relationship they thought they were going to have with someone they really fancied turned out to be a one night stand.

It’s perfectly possible to be emotionally immature in regard to relationships at any age, just admittedly much rarer as people get older – usually because of once-bitten, twice-shy.

Earl
    Free Member

Take a step back.

Mother nature starts pubity from 10-13 in most females. In past years and different modern societies (subcontinent, Asia) a 30+ male with a 10-13y female easily accepted.

‘We’ in the modern western world have changed the rules. Unfortunately for him he broke them – very very stupid idiot.

Only they really know it is true love or not. But does it have to be? Some things feel right at the right time – it don’t have to feel right forever.

anagallis_arvensis

As usual I completely disagree with Zokes. Its uncanny how he manages to write so much that I disagree with. The guy was a teacher, why did he become a teacher? He shagged a pupil, this is a massive breach of the trust place in teachers. She was under the age of consent, this is rape. He took her away from her parents, this is abduction. Whatever her motives, feelings or influence on him and he must be very stupid, nothing at all can defend his actions. I think he has got off lightly.

Cougar

She was under the age of consent, this is rape

No it isn’t.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It is still rape as he had sex with an u16 .. they just won’t prosecute for rape as she consented, hence the sexual activity with a child charges

3dvgirl
    Free Member

He had previosly tryed it on with other underaged school girls, if it was a one of and he didn’t normally go with young girls, then I would believe it could be love. I don’t I think he is a dirty man that likes her for her age not for her personality.

Olly
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the bloke. She was clearly willing, and wanted the relationship. Reports also indicated he knew it was dodgey ground and he was torn between her and the arbitrary law.
    The comments made by the prosecution were disgusting! “his carnal lust for the flesh of a child” i’m appalled they allowed that. Its clearly not like that. And then he goes down for 5 years and stuart hall gets a long weekend for fiddlin kids! Disgusting!!!

He is very very foolish. I HOPE they get back together, to hilight the stupidity of the arbitrary age limit, and to rub it in the face of the critics like the mail and sun

Cougar

I’ll put the kettle on.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Olly – setting aside the legal aspects of this case, how would you feel if it was your daughter? We can, and will, argue at length about the law, this is STW after all, but I find it difficult to grasp that you actually feel sorry for this bloke. If nothing else, he has massively abused his position of trust.

cookeaa

I think the interesting thing is that some of those with sympathy for Jezza are ignoring the context here, he didn’t meet some “grown up looking/acting” girl in a club with a fake ID. He met her in a classroom, she was wearing a uniform FFS, surely he knew her age from day one and his job was to check homework not start having sex with her and then whip her off to France…

We’ve touched on “emotional maturity” in this discussion, I think it’s worth considering what that term actually means. To my way of thinking it’s being able to think beyond your instinctive emotional responses to any given situation and temper your actions based partly on your emotions but with consideration of the consequences for yourself and any others involved.

14/15 YO girls are typically the centre of their own universe, so it’s to be expected that she’d not fully consider the fallout of her actions, Jezza on the other hand has no such excuses, married for a year, employed in a position which required responsibility and care for other people’s children and their education, he knew far better.

The “People in love do kerazy things” defence is pretty weak, immature people thrive on creating drama and crisis but seldom solve it.

A (married) Teacher who engages in an inappropriate relationship with a pupil has ignored the consequences for himself, his pupil, both of their families and anyone else close to either of them.

That level of impulsive immaturity is, particularly in this instance, criminal IMO…

The longevity of their relationship is immaterial, if they’re still together in five years time it doesn’t make his conduct six years earlier any more excusable.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

The one thing I dont understand is why anyone would want to go out with a teen girl.

Cougar

Different strokes.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Front page news again in most of the papers. Is this really the most important news story of the day…?

For what it’s worth I reckon it’s probably the right outcome, abuse of position of trust etc. I fail to understand the rampant media interest though. It’s happened before, it’ll happen again.

aracer
    Free Member

Different strokes.

You have experience, Cougar? Do tell us more…

Cougar
    project
    Free Member

Despite all the training, all the eductation and lectures he had, he still choose to dump his wife and elope with one of his pupils,while in a position of trust over pupils,but quite a few people who took him on and warned him should seriously look at their ability to be in a position of trust that allowed this man mis guidedly to stay at the school so long.

The sad thing is he is definately not the first, 2 teachers locally being convicted of having sex with 2 different underage pupils, at the same school, which was a privetely funded one.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What would peoples thoughts be if the two of them ended up being married in 5 or 10 years time?

ninfan
    Free Member

What would peoples thoughts be if the two of them ended up being married in 5 or 10 years time?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EH0LNXnXI[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

He had previosly tryed it on with other underaged school girls

Why was this not presented at the trial and what on earth is your evidence for this?

how would you feel if it was your daughter?

I believe we separate the victims from the judgement because they make emotive decisions. Apparently the death sentence would be the punishment for bike theft according to some on here

To answer your question I doubt I would leap for joy but that hardly needs stating

I think the interesting thing is that some of those with sympathy for Jezza are ignoring the context here,

Well firstly you are confusing understanding with sympathy and wow he was her teacher wow I never realised thanks for the heads up 😕
    What do you think of the fact that many teachers have fallen for pupils and many have had happy relationships for the rest of their lives…does this add anything to your “love is not a defence ” argument?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What a strange question. In 5 or 10 years time the girl will no longer be a child. Why would anyone have an issue with a 40 year old marrying a 25 year old ?

thejesmonddingo

If love is a defence,then many of the pet lovers I know might want to take things a little further,as Cougar says,different strokes.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

He had previosly tryed it on with other underaged school girls

Why was this not presented at the trial and what on earth is your evidence for this?

link to the evidence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10136139/Jeremy-Forrest-routinely-cuddled-me-aged-13-says-another-former-pupil.html

Junkyard
    Free Member

I wonder why they were never at the trial and why they never reported him- though one said she did to her parents. Interesting and if true that he had “form” it would alter my view massively

Cheers for the Link

footflaps

Interesting and if true that he had “form” it would alter my view massively

More likely it’s just some parent pushing their kids forward for a nice payout from a tabloid desperate for a scoop.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Alternatively the Judge wouldn’t allow it as bad character evidence, probative value v prejudicial effect so discounted it! Happens regularly in trials and you won’t find out until afterwards. Hey it only took the Jury 2 1/2 hours to find him guilty and it was a unanimous verdict so they clearly all realise he’s a dirty bertie teacher.

konabunny
    Free Member

“More likely it’s just some parent pushing their kids forward for a nice payout from a tabloid desperate for a scoop.”

Yeah, I don’t know why kids would be reluctant to tell adults when they’ve been abused, either. :rolleyes:

“Interesting and if true that he had “form” it would alter my view massively”

Without the defence attempting to introduce evidence of his previous good character (which would open the door to discrediting evidence) it generally wouldn’t be admissible (unless eg it showed a consistent pattern/methodology), for precisely the reason you demonstrate: juries would be distracted by what a wrong un the defendant is without considering whether he or she was guilty of the charge in question.

Northwind

There’s a couple of different things here, just going to talk about one… Just for the sake of argument, disregard the age of consent (imagine she was 18, if you prefer), see what that does to your own opinion. Would it be fine then for a teacher to have a relationship with a pupil? Our students are (mostly) 18+ but it’d still be an ethical no-no, it’s still a staff/student relationship, not a relationship of equals. Gross misconduct, etc etc, fundamentally Not Cool. (you could easily have a situation where the student is older than the staff member, still Not Cool)

(or as someone said the other day- graduation day is brilliant, because we’re not allowed to ogle the students but there’s no rules about their guests)

mudshark
    Free Member

If love is a defence,then many of the pet lovers I know might want to take things a little further,as Cougar says,different strokes.

Well it’s OK in some societies, who’s to say what’s right but gotta follow the rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20523950

3dvgirl
    Free Member

the plot thickens, this makes me think like wtf has really been going on?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4980242/Abducted-schoolgirl-I-want-to-wed-jailed-teacher.html

her dads supports the relationship.

Pigface
    Free Member

School trip to Los Angeles 😯

heresjonny
    Free Member

I work with his father, but have no further comment

Viewing 33 posts - 121 through 153 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Forrest guilty what do we think ?’ is closed to new replies.