Viewing 40 posts - 15,561 through 15,600 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

Really you cannot think of a govt that reduced taxes

Well the UK tax burden has never been as high as it was under Margaret Thatcher’s premiership, so governments since Thatcher must have reduced it.

Lifer
    Free Member

Love the balanced scrutiny. Meanwhile May’s manifesto pledge for free primary school breakfasts works out at 6p per child, one Tory saying foodbank use is due to users that ‘just have cash flow problems’ and the Tory candidate for Jo Cox’s seat says:

‘We have here people of all faiths, we have here people from different parts of the community, and we have not yet shot anybody so that’s wonderful.’

kimbers

Hes doing quite well, the small business guy (the one that doesnt like paying minimum wage or pay more for his kids private school 😯 ) didnt get the answer he wanted- the format helps him as the audience cant respond to his reply, but hes coming across as human

anagallis_arvensis

He did well there.

colournoise

Agreed that he is coming across better and better as the campaign goes on. Cool to see what seemed like genuine passion in some of his answers. See how he stands up to Paxman…

kimbers – Member
    hes coming across as human

Could be a very interesting contrast with the Maybot.

Watch out for the thumb tic…

fifeandy
    Free Member

Agree, he did quite well in the first section, although maybe more the demeanour of a friendly old bloke down the road than a PM.

Not doing so well with Paxman however.

dazh

Not doing so well with Paxman however.

How would you know? He can’t actually finish a sentence without being shouted down by him. Paxman is performing a charicature of himself. It’s very sad to watch.

ninfan
    Free Member

On the ropes with the drone strike question, don’t think thats going to convince many people

fifeandy
    Free Member

Because he’s not actually answering any of the questions in the 2nd round. Wouldn’t need to shout him down if he just gave honest answers.

dazh

How can you possibly answer a question when you get interrupted every 5 words? He did as well as could be expected I thought. Paxman just came across as a self important tit. Lets see if Chairman May is interrupted as much.

colournoise

Poor interview from Paxman. Failing to listen to answers and just drilling his preprepared accusations regardless. As said, he’s just a caricature of himself these days.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Paxman is a massive knob

anagallis_arvensis

All just spin from the Maybot no substance at all.

More outstanding schools by cutting funding!!

kimbers

Paxman was off target with the core beliefs in the manifesto etc , corbs struggled with the drone strike question

Maybot is getting a tougher grilling from the audience, she really looks like she doesnt wanna be there, does she even want to be PM?

dazh

May monstered by a crying midwife. That’s not going to help. I notice Mr Islam is being far less challenging in response to her questions than he was with Corbyn though.

kimbers

Audience member mouths bollocks when Maybot replies on NHS 😯

seosamh77
    Free Member

got to say, thought corbyn smashed that there, done very well, mays audience bit, weak as hell. Lets see what the paxman bit brings.

bodgy
    Free Member

May is only as useless as her fantasy policies.

Totally useless.

seosamh77
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member
    end up in a position to prevent mixed faith schools being the norm in Ireland which helps maintain hatred and leads to more killing.

yaahhh, it’s all those nasty catholic schools fault. yer letting yer veil slip there fella..

anagallis_arvensis

Corbyn presented a vision and said how he wants to do it. May just wants us to trust her.

bodgy
    Free Member

Audience member mouths bollocks when Maybot replies on NHS

He wasn’t wrong though. Her policies are total bollocks.

fifeandy
    Free Member

May definitely had it tougher from the audience, and its obviously a harder job selling careful spending than a massive giveaway.
    She did better than I expected but JC was better.

kimbers

seosamh77
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    May just wants us to trust her.

On what, who the hell knows…She clearly doesn’t.

anagallis_arvensis

No we should trust her with Brexit and making schools better and the NHS and Policing it’ll be fine, trust her.

kimbers

Paxman isnt even trying and shes flapping about

seosamh77
    Free Member

I think we need more close ups of her squirming face! 😆

greentricky
    Free Member

Blowhard, ouch, audience like that, her not so much

dazh

Paxman not even interrupting May as he doesn’t have to, she’s digging her own grave. And now the audience cheer when he calls her a blowhard. 😀

kimbers

bit of a pantomime now

RustySpanner

Oof.

dazh

Jesus this is tragic. It’s become a comedy show with the audience laughing at her.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Somewhat redeemed herself with immigration numbers, just straight up admitted she failed.
    I like straight answers.

seosamh77
    Free Member

this is a 5-0 victory to corbyn, whether it makes any difference is another story, but jebus….how the hell people can vote for these charlatans.

colournoise

She is way less composed than Corbyn was. Strong and stable my arse…

anagallis_arvensis

Its a mystery to me politics, shes going to win with a landslide and she has no clue.

kimbers

I cant see it affecting the vote that much, the brexies were still applauding like mad as she promised to launch us over a cliff
    you just cant win with that level of ignorance!

but yeah shes Weak & Wobbly

greentricky
    Free Member

Yeh, I have no idea how she thinks she is selling strong and stable

shadowrider
    Free Member

I dont want to vote for either of them

fifeandy
    Free Member

Narrow victory for JC on both rounds imo.
    Both did better than expected, but sad that they are aparantly the best we can come up with for PM.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,561 through 15,600 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.