Viewing 40 posts - 12,281 through 12,320 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Well, the useless pillock Corbyn has lost my vote and my party membership.

Seems quite bizarre that the Lib Dems are now the most viable opposition party, and certainly the only party to maintain an anti-Brexit voice.

ctk
    Free Member

yes he should leave it too many pitfalls with his line of thinking. Just make sure the top-earners pay tax.

Labour should talk about improving things for workers. Pay rises, workers on boards, protections for agency staff etc. concentrating on the top 0.5% and the bottom 0.5% is not the way to win votes.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Well seeing as none of them have the remotest interest in anything as mundane as getting a labour MP elected instead of the present Tory,

The fact the incumbent is useless just rubs salt into the wounds

I still think Binners should stand, right credentials, local businessman, involved in the community, champions the area

He could be the new David Chaytor 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

To repeat the question – how many noughts after the decimal place?

cranberry
    Free Member

Nope, Voted Labour all my life, Corbin makes me think we’ve gone back to the early 80’s when Mrs T was ‘demolishing’ the opposition.

It is funny you should mention that:

The Labour Party is “in the hands of urban leftists given to ideological extremes with only fringe appeal”

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38677632

Let’s all sing along…

The word is about, there’s something evolving,
    Whatever may come, the world keeps revolving…
    They say the next big thing is here,
    That the revolution’s near,
    But to me it seems quite clear
    That’s it’s all just a little bit of history repeating.
    The newspapers shout a new style is growing,
    But it don’t know if it’s coming or going,
    There is fashion, there is fad
    Some is good, some is bad
    And the joke rather sad,
    That it’s all just a little bit of History repeating.
    And I’ve seen it before
    And I’ll see it again
    Yes I’ve seen it before
    Just little bits of history repeating

binners

I still think Binners should stand, right credentials, local businessman, involved in the community, champions the area

He could be the new David Chaytor

Something to aim for eh B&D! 😉

Unfortunately he’s the reason we’re saddled with the toxic little Tory we’ve got. Snout well and truly in the trough in the expenses scandal. James lost to him at the last election by 120 votes, after a recount. Which is why i have to laugh when people say labour needed to march off to the left as their centrist position was ‘totally discredited’ Labour lost by 12 seats at the last election. And a lot of those seats went to majorities as slim as that. And before that Dave couldn’t actually get a majority against Gordon Brown.

And where has this march to the irrelevant leftist fringe got labour? There surely can’t be anyone who believes that Corbyn’s labour party will be anything other than decimated at the next election, can there?

I seriously lived in hope that Corbyn would tack towards the cenrtre ground (where the votes are) after being elected. When on week one he refused to sing the national anthem, that scuppered any hope that any sense at all would prevail.

Serious question to the cheerleaders on here….. How do they see a general election panning out? I can see labour losing swathes of their ‘traditional heartlands’ and being reduced to a rump of maybe 100 MPs that would only present constituencies in large cities.

Do you even care? Or is idealogical purity far more important? I suspect to a lot of them, like Corbyn himself, it is

dazh

urban leftists

WTF is an urban leftist?

dazh

Unfortunately he’s the reason we’re saddled with the toxic little Tory we’ve got.

So now it’s Corbyn’s fault that labour lost the election even though he wasn’t leader then and no one knew who he was? This is getting pretty silly.

binners

Its a ‘street’ leftist innit blud? 😀

binners

So now it’s Corbyn’s fault that labour lost the election even though he wasn’t leader then and no one knew who he was?

No Daz. Read it again. David Chaytor is the reason. Nowt to do with the beardy messiah

I’d be interested in you answering the question about how you see a general election under Corbyn panning out though

Fire away….

dazh

David Chaytor is the reason.

I stand corrected. In my defence I’m hungover and have a cold. My brain isn’t capable of detecting subtle plot lines. 🙂

Anyway, the election. I actually agree with you, they’re going to lose massively if Corbyn is at the helm when it happens. I don’t believe he will be though unless TM goes to the polls early, which she won’t. He’ll lose though not because his policies are ridiculous, but because he’s Jeremy Corbyn. Ed Miliband lost not because of his policies, but because he was Ed Miliband. It doesn’t really matter who is leader now anyway. Brexit has changed the landscape so much that the labour party are screwed in any scenario. Jeremy Corbyn is just the poor sod who will carry the can whilst allowing the rest of them to carry on with their fantasies that they would have won if only they were more like the tories.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Labour lost by 12 seats at the last election

Seats won Tories 330 Labour 232

Perhaps i dont have enough crayons to do the maths here can you help me?

binners

Sorry – the Tories have a majority of 12. It’ll be 14 after these next 2 by-elections though. Go Jezza! 😕

So how do you see the next election panning out JY? Serious question…? Can you see Corbyn retaining even half those seats?

Junkyard
    Free Member

with your loyal support anything can happen 😉

Clearly the labour party seem hell bent on self destruction

Who you blame is the only thing worthy of discussion – I say worthy because I have low standards 😉

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Who you blame is the only thing worthy of discussion”

Really? Allocating blame is a press obsession, but in reality its futile. We all know who did what, and why. On the his issue, blame is totally subjective and pointless .

cranberry
    Free Member

WTF is an urban leftist?

dazh

FFS so politics is now boiled down to silly caricatures in a 70s sitcom? It’s almost as stupid as the monty python comparisons.

allthegear
    Free Member

Why not? That’s what the politicians seem to be doing at the moment…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

caricatures in a 70s sitcom?

90s.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

Has he just nicked a bike? 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

One might suggest that if you don’t want to be compared to caricatures in a 70’s sitcom then you shouldn’t try to drag the Labour party down to being a 70’s sitcom caricature.

binners

Nice tracky!

😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’ll lose though not because his policies are ridiculous,

Marxist Chancellor
    Salary cap not applicable to footballers
    No clear policy on immigration (the major issue of the day)
    Calls terrorists friends and a tragedy OBL was shot
    Against police shooting terrorists
    Thinks Nuclear submarines should have no nukes
    Anti-NATO

Shall I go on ?

dazh

Shall I go on ?

What’s the point cos we all know most of that is total bollox and you know it. I find it quite heartening really that you have to make shit up and keep repeating lies that have repeatedly been proven to be false as it probably means he’s not as crazy as you would like to make out.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No clear policy on immigration (the major red-herring of the day)

FTFY

ctk
    Free Member

What’s the Tories policy on immigration?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Misguided

AlexSimon

jambalaya – Member
    Shall I go on ?

I’m not sure there’s a word in the English language that sufficiently describes my response to that question.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What’s the Tories policy on immigration?

Net migration down to the 10’s of thousands. No Freedom of movement with the EU.

Bad news to bury ? How about just before Trump’s inauguration ? Labour have ended the investigation into anti-semitic behaviour by two members of the OULC (inc it’s head I believe) and will take no action. Critism from the Jewish community has been load and firm but of course hardly reported.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What’s the point cos we all know most of that is total bollox and you know it. I find it quite heartening really that you have to make shit up and keep repeating lies that have repeatedly been proven to be false as it probably means he’s not as crazy as you would like to make out.

That list is all factual, feel free to point out which are lies.

McDonnell said that himself, on video
    Corbyn’s said that (because they are “only with their club a short time”, stop digging jc please stop digging)
    Relaunch fiasco around immigration changing speech overnight at the insistence of Abbot
    Corbyn’s direct words – Hezbollah and Hamas specifically. Similar comments by him and McDonnell re: IRA (McD apologising on QT)
    Corbyn’s own words in responce to an LK/BBC question
    Trident fisaco, Corbyn’s “proposal”
    Long history of anti-NATO ranting, rally speeches on video

EDIT: on the IRA/Troubles Corbyn and McD have been accused in Parliament of “wanting the other side to win”

If Corbyn makes it anywhere near 2020 GE all of this and more is going to come up again and again, the Tories are biting their lip at present.

oldnpastit

Jamby –

Net migration down to the 10’s of thousands.

That’s going to be a problem for at least the company I work for. We have ~25 employees.

About 20% are from outside the UK. Hiring enough people in the UK with the skills we need isn’t possible (perhaps thanks to 20 years of terrible education policy from people like Gove, but that’s another thread).

So we’ll have to do less, and take longer doing it. And struggle to compete therefore with companies without that constraint.

Oh, and the exchequer can kiss goodbye to all those nice income taxes these hated foreigners are bringing in.

dazh

Trident fisaco, Corbyn’s “proposal”

Seems Corbyn’s idea isn’t too far from the reality if you read the news today. Except of course we’re still spending the money on a system that appears not to work.

cranberry
    Free Member

It is probably a good thing that we are spending the money on a system that appears not to work replacing it then.

😀

DrJ

Marxist Chancellor
    Salary cap not applicable to footballers
    No clear policy on immigration (the major issue of the day)
    Calls terrorists friends and a tragedy OBL was shot
    Against police shooting terrorists
    Thinks Nuclear submarines should have no nukes
    Anti-NATO

Shall I go on ?

Before I read who the poster was I thought it was ernie or jy listing the stupid stuff made up to smear JC.

DrJ

“What’s the Tories policy on immigration?”

Net migration down to the 10’s of thousands.

How’s that been going in the last few years?

jambalaya
    Free Member

DrJ see my post above re the sources, mostly direct from the man’s mouth. Feel free to give me your interpretation of my list.

It’s impossible to control immigration being in the EU, so it’s been going very badly. Tories proved you can’t control immigration inside the EU and then we voted Leave.

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s impossible to control immigration being in the EU,

So now can we get migration from the EU down to similar levels of migration from outside the EU?

Lifer
    Free Member

Not enough eye rolling available for those ‘sources’

Lifer
    Free Member

nickjb – Member
    It’s impossible to control immigration being in the EU,
    So now can we get migration from the EU down to similar levels of migration from outside the EU?

😆

cranberry
    Free Member

So, he manages ( we hope / assume ) to find a seat on a train – a long-trousers, grown-up moment for our Jezza – only to find that, man of the people that he is, the train is full of the wrong sort of Lumpenproletariat:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMOJ0SPjoVc[/video]

Still, they do seem to have the measure of the man.

“Get your policies out for the lads”

😆 😆 😆

https://order-order.com/2017/01/23/another-awkward-corbyn-train-journey/

Viewing 40 posts - 12,281 through 12,320 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.