Home Forums Bike Forum Jeff Jones Bikes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jeff Jones Bikes?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

The website doesnt look to have been updated for a while and there are no recent youtube vids.

Any UK dealers these days?

What’s the ‘latest’ Jones bike? SWB & LWB Plus?

sillyoldman

The lovely Bothy Bikes in Aviemore. Speak to David.

zezaskar
    Free Member

There is this thing called Stooge cycles…

lotto
    Free Member

A few UK dealers around. Biff no longer sadly. Not sure what happened there. Both SWB and LWB models remain current. I’ve ridden both the Jones and Stooge in their various forms.   Jones all day long for me and my style of riding and preferences. Other people will tell you different though, often without trying either. Personal preference is the LWB Plus. It feels gangly against the SF but can do all the same things, and over the course of a 40 miler off road ride I’d say more comfortable. It is not without issue though. Run in with 3.0 tyres and chain tyre/clearance is woeful. When the tyres pick up mud you continually drop the chain. Solution is 2.6 tyres in the slop of winter. 3.0 for rest of year. A fair compromise for what is in other ways an outstanding bike.

jameso

The website doesnt look to have been updated for a while

– the beauty of having a fairly consistent product range. Have a chat to Bothy Bikes or another dealer to see if you can get a test ride – 6 dealers in the UK according to the map here https://www.jonesbikes.com/dealers

Great bikes, really like mine. It’s the older design pre LWB/SWB models so very close to the SWB just with a bit less tyre clearance. I rode the LWB a while back, it felt odd for about 5 minutes then felt amazing, very agile for such a big bike. Probably helps that I was used to the general Jones handling before though.

rootes1

and if anyone is still interested, have mine (LWB Plus) up for sale at the moment:
    have a look in the Classifieds.

Atomizer

I’ve had just about all the types over the years and have settled on the SWB Plus spaceframe. Never had a problem with 3.0 tyres and chainline though. Maybe the SWB is a bit better than the LWB?

rootes1

On LWB Plus – chainline is only an issue with some 3″ tyres, on very wide rims and when using 12sp drivetrains (as 11/12 sprockets sit closer to the centre of the bike) – Jeff did mention the issue with 12speed drive chains in a manual/note at one point i recall.

But the rub is not that much of an issue unless very muddy and can be fixed but shunting the EBB over, or altering the BB spacers, or using a super boost/0mm offset chain ring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jeff Jones Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.