Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • It's Steel City this weekend!
  • andeh

Ah ha, great! I’ll keep an eye out for you. Remember, all in the hips…or was it the hops? I cant recall, just pedal lots!

I stocked up on 3 pairs pink gloves in the last CRC sale, £6 each!

docrobster
    Free Member

Damn, I missed those. Stuck to boring black.

swisstony
    Free Member

I’ll be there, rockin it in the vets,

Did it last year, brilliant event, well worth a trip down to heckle.

kiwiem
    Free Member

MiniDH #3 for me…..so riding in the big girl’s cat on my Baby Blue Cotic BFe 🙂 Not nervous at all……*gulp*

fieldy
    Free Member

I’ll be there spectating this year 🙁 thanks to British cycling website issues
    Hit a tree in the bomb hole last year on my final run……followed by a quick visit to the Woodhead Mountain Rescue tent….lol
    Looking forward to a fun day in the woods 🙂 and the free Monster 😉

h4muf
    Free Member

Is it suitable for a buggy?

hora
    Free Member

Is it suitable for a buggy?

Yes- theres a long wide dirt track on the right down (and another on the left). Right is better though.

h4muf
    Free Member

Nice one mark.toss up between going riding or coming to this.

hora
    Free Member

Ride Sunday or in the afternoon. Honestly- weathers going to be good.

steveh

Hora’s saying nice things about us, I’m concerned 😉

Everything is looking good up in the woods, off up there shortly to get the final course prep and taping done. We’ve got 2 caterers, a proper coffee van and bradfield brewery back again.

As mentioned elsewhere please only park in the event car park, it’s not about the money but the use of the road or FC car park causes us lots of hassle and jeopardizes our ability to run it in future. We take no money for running the race and all the money it makes goes back to developing the trails in the woodland.

Hope to see as many of you as possible in the woods!

andeh

Is the track drying out ok, I’ve got fair-weather tyres on and am feeling lazy.

jedimaster
    Free Member

I will be there.

Racing.

First ever race.

So scared…

hora
    Free Member

What wearing/bike??

dabble
    Free Member

Looking forward to this, last year was a cracking day out.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Never been before, but going with my youngest this year for a bit of father son time.

jedimaster
    Free Member

hora, im deciding between an orange t-shirt to match the colour scheme of my bike or a red flannel shirt.
    Will be wearing a 661 evo helmet like this
    with clear lens ZEAL optics goggles.
    Bike is a blue custom Giant AC2 with lots of orange stuff – floating rotors, pedals, stem, grips and red carbon X0 shifters

Tracey

Will be there bright and early. Will someone tell Abigale to go to bed, she needs an early night.

fieldy
    Free Member

Abigale, go to bed you need an early night!

How,’s that.?

Good luck tomorrow !

jedimaster
    Free Member

helmet cam practice run
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LmahKUmcho[/video]

docrobster
    Free Member

What a great day, despite the snapped clavicle! 🙁

Tracey

We had a great day. Thanks to everyone who made it happen once again. It must rate as one of the the best events in the country. Abigale had a half decent first run in the Ladies but crashed on the second run when her rear shock lost all its air causing her to clip a pedal and the resulting fall twisted the bars. Nice to see all the old faces and some new ones. We decided at the last minute to take Fin on her first outing, thought it might be too much for her but she loved it all, especially all the fussing from everyone.

kiwiem
    Free Member

Amazing day and I hope to be back next year. Great to hear that the girl who went big in the bombhole has ‘only’ got concussion. It was a long course hold so us lot waiting at the top knew it was bad. Fully tested my armour in run 2 and only bruises to show for it thankfully; finished both runs in one piece.

Thanks to everyone involved in making it happen and the weather gods for being most kind.

hora
    Free Member

Cotic stand didnt have anything in bar a roadrat frame. How come?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I went and spectated inc flat cap and whippet. Didn’t think it was possible to be more Sheffield!

spacehopper

Some Photo’s I took.. (click photo for more!)

had a great day hobbling about in the woods spectating eating burritos and drinking beer.. 😀

docrobster
    Free Member

If anyone filmed my crash at the bottom of the bombhole about 12.45 is like to see it.
    Apparently it was fairly spectacular…

hora
    Free Member

Spacehopper was you the bloke I tild my son to push?

steveh

Glad you all had a good time! It’s a lot of hard work but worth it when we get some good feedback. Cheers guys

Docrobster – Hope the collarbone isn’t too bad, these guys are worth a shout if it doesn’t need surgery. I’ve been a couple of times after breaks and once without and healing was definitely improved and less pain. http://www.physioclinic.net

spacehopper

Dont think so Hora…!! 🙄

i was hopped up on painkiller though so who knows..!

i was hobbling about with a leki walking pole wearing a blue t-shirt (i think) after having an operation on my feet a few weeks ago…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brilliant day yesterday, well done to all who organised and competed, and good to hear all the fallen riders are up and about.

A couple of pics below:

The bombhole:

The finish line:

The usual suspects!:

docrobster
    Free Member

My photo from yesterday:
    [/url] Ouch, again by rfarmer70, on Flickr[/img]

No surgery needed, luckily!

hora
    Free Member

Fack. Was that the 2 bike crash?

docrobster
    Free Member

No I managed it all on my own. First race run, dropping into the bombhole. I think my mech went into the back wheel, jammed it up, threw me over the bars. Came to a stop just short of the line so goes down as a DNF. Gutted to say the least. No trip to BPW next month for me. 😥

Digby

Only managed to pop along for a couple of hours or so, but really enjoyed it. Big thanks to everyone involved in organising it – I couldn’t believe how well attended it was!

Seemed to be loads of people with dogs/young families/expectant families/extended families all really enjoying the event!

Hope those injured have swift recovery!

How good are those burritos?

Hats off to ‘Shawn Bean’ and his cardboard tin-can! 8)

woodnut
    Free Member

…and the Yorkshire Teapot, shouting “put the kettle on!”…I was only there for a coupla hours with the kids, but a really good do, well done to the organisers & competitors

Pook

Oi! Rogerthepap 😉

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Cracking race, some brutal crashes and near misses in the bombhole, hope the lass that was stretchered off was ok.

Only spectating this year but next year the fat bike will be back out on course 😀

dashed
    Free Member

Got lost on my first run (!?!) and came to a stop. Second run was a flyer, then caught a pedal and otb in a really easy section just before the bomb hole – gutted! Would def have beaten peaty otherwise! 😉 amazing atmosphere all day – loved it 🙂

daveh
    Free Member

young families/expectant families

We ticked those 2, 2 year old, 8 month pregnant momma, kiddies electronic guitar thing, tamberine, bell shaky thing, recorder, triangle etc and picnic rug 😀

simonbowns
    Free Member

a great day out, my first time racing. went through the tape first run, then fell in the bombhole second run (with bonus shorts down moment) I’ve not seen any photos of my fall yet though, thankfully!

Another top job from all involved, looking forward to next year…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘It's Steel City this weekend!’ is closed to new replies.