• This topic has 405 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Mark.
Viewing 6 posts - 401 through 406 (of 406 total)
  • It’s not easy being Singletrack. Please help.
  • footflaps

There seems to be a significant number of visitors to the site that are not subscribers. Why is that?

That’s always going to be the case, for every person who is keen enough to subscribe, there will be 10-100x more for whom it’s just passing interest etc.

No Industry achieves 100% conversion rate into sales, especially websites.

andybrad

@ solarider, Singletrack have a YT channel with nearly 700 videos,

Yes but the quality isnt there to make me visit them. Maybe its the same for others. The newest video (apart from the christmas stuff) is 4 months ago.

Its not just about video stuff though it about refreshing content. STW used to be brilliant, different to all the others.

Mark

Hey @solarider if you wouldn’t mind, would you please stop now?

There’s a whole bunch of the staff here simply deciding for their own mental health sake not to read anymore of what you have to say. I think you’ve possibly said all that is helpful now and you are starting to cause upset. At this stage of this thread I’m increasingly concerned for the wellbeing of the staff here – myself included.

Hope you understand

nuttidave
    Free Member

Book sales are indeed on the up, as is vinyl and band t shirts, very few artists make money from Spotify for example, maybe physical product (magazine and bum butter) is the future after all 🙂

leffeboy

Book sales are indeed on the up,

Almost always when I need to learn something new i buy a book rather than turning to YouTube or the web.  Getting stuff down on paper seems to require a different thought process.  Space isn’t almost free so you need to consider your words and objective in a different way.  For some stuff i buy the kindle version bit i still prefer paper where possible.   Even with stories putting it down on paper seems to require an extra editing step which just makes things that much nicer.

I’d be happy if this thread were locked now.  It seems to have morphed into something else and I would want the last message to the STW team to be that the whole STW effort is loved and appreciated.  The number of people signing up or increasing their subs shows that

Mark

Thanks Leffeboy.

It’s helpful to note that there are 115 voices on this thread but it has been read by more than 7000 people.

On that note I’m closing this now

Viewing 6 posts - 401 through 406 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘It’s not easy being Singletrack. Please help.’ is closed to new replies.