Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 244 total)
  • Is voting for UKIP wrong?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

They also propose to bring back smoking in pubs

They propose to let pubs decide whether to allow smoking or not.
    It’s not “bring back”. It’s libertarianism.
    Even the smokers in my local pub wouldnt want to return to smoking in the our pub.
    But the change would permit specific locations to allow people to smoke legally.

slowoldman

But the change would permit specific locations to allow people to smoke legally.

Have they made any comment on protection of employees’ health?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have they made any comment on protection of employees’ health?

It would be one of those things struck off the UK bill of human rights as only poor people work in pubs, and poor people smoke so it’s probably fine.

Mike Smith
    UKIP Candidate for Wales and Stuff 😉

but seriously the smoking one is bad, the climate change is worse there has only been one government who has gone back on climate change legislation and it’s run by this man

His other great idea was to try and rough up Putin a bit over the plane stuff.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just a quick one – if it’s wrong to vote UKIP, who is it right to vote?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

All of that is ONLY true if you support a curb on immigration or blame immigration. Otherwise they are banging a drum, chanting half truths and appealing to baser human emotions in order to garner support.

This.

But at the end of the day though, your vote is yours to do with as you please. Whether there is a party that appropriately represents your views is another conversation entirely. I’d argue that voting in the first place is more important than who you vote for.

The campaign by the Ministry of Sound back in ’96/97 still sticks in my mind:

chewkw
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

Just a quick one – if it’s wrong to vote UKIP, who is it right to vote?

😯 Good question! 😆

Let’s see the responses …

mikewsmith
    Free Member

UKIP may be the right vote for racists, xenophobes, climate change deniers and those who think everything was much better in the 50’s.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and those who shop based on the skin colour of the owners

patriotpro
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    and those who shop based on the skin colour of the owners

Yaaaaawwwn

avoiding the question comes as no surprise.

patriotpro
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    UKIP may be the right vote for racists, xenophobes, climate change deniers and those who think everything was much better in the 50’s.

Is that you then?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not really, think anyone who’s met me know that.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Please bear in mind I not aligned to left, centre or right

The story goes like this I just had a “heated” conversation with a Conservative friend of mine where I was asked who I was going to vote. Me said UKIP.

If you’re going to contradict yourself, you might want to do it in separate posts.
    However, to answer your question, you vote for the party you want to whether other people agree with you or not. Simply being a poorly educated racist misogynistic hypocrite with the attention span of a goldfish and an IQ which begins with a decimal point does not bar you from voting for the party which you feel you most identify with.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yaaaaawwwn

avoiding the question comes as no surprise.
    Oh the irony years later still no explanation of your race based shopping preferences.

so why do you base your shopping on the skin colour of the owner?
    As for your question

People can vote for whom they like and I have not said otherwise voting is one where we all make our own moral choices as to whom best fits with our values.

your turn …taps desks patiently.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

For all those saying it’s stupid to vote UKIP based on their ‘manifesto’, whilst working on elections in a past life I’ve lost count of the following question in the voting stations:

“Dad, which one do I vote for again?”

chewkw
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

Please bear in mind I not aligned to left, centre or right

The story goes like this I just had a “heated” conversation with a Conservative friend of mine where I was asked who I was going to vote. Me said UKIP.

If you’re going to contradict yourself, you might want to do it in separate posts. [/quote]

Contradiction? Are you saying there must be some sort of ideology alignment in order to vote for a party? 😯

Yes, I am not aligned to any of them ideology wise i.e. left, centre or right, but surely voting for a party does not require ideological alignment or do you?

For example, voters that switched/intend to switch their voting pattern from say Labour to Green as protest vote or from Conservative to UKIP. Are they aligned? You might argue that they are aligned left to left left or right to right right but what if a person switches voting pattern from say Green/Labour to Conservative/UKIP etc. Isn’t that a contradiction in some way or another? Surely people vote for the party “best fit” whatever their are thinking at that particular moment in time and not necessary aligned to them totally? Yes? Perhaps, contradiction in voting pattern is the norm for some people but definitely it is difficult to say ideologically they are in contradiction. i.e. having contradictory thoughts all the time hence normal? Yes? On the other hand being a die hard supporter of an ideology perhaps might not be the norm? Yes?

However, to answer your question, you vote for the party you want to whether other people agree with you or not.

Yes, I understand that i.e. I can vote according to my preference, but it is my fascination with some of the aggressive reactions I got, especially from my colleagues, that prompted me to ask some questions. I find it interesting to see the different responses (including STW folks) and basically want to understand them better.

Simply being a poorly educated racist misogynistic hypocrite with the attention span of a goldfish and an IQ which begins with a decimal point does not bar you from voting for the party which you feel you most identify with.

The above quote make you highly irrational and illogical from a person who consider himself better than other(s). A sweeping statement associated with generalisation I thought is normally being labelled on me only but there you go.

May I ask if you have voted for a same party throughout your life?

May I also ask who you intend to vote for in the coming election?

😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

No I would not vote for any party that is racist or prejudiced.

Not sure who to vote for now!

Green peace yay lol

Probably labour again after the Tories did a rubbish job.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

a poorly educated

Well

The above quote make you highly irrational and illogical from a person who consider himself better than other(s). A sweeping statement associated with generalisation I thought is normally being labelled on me only but there you go.

is so meaningless it pretty much proves that point.

chewkw
    Free Member

ChubbyBlokeInLycra – Member

a poorly educated

Well[/quote]

Perhaps poorly educated by western standard but hey I am a minor bureaucrat here doing a job of minor bureaucrat like so many so how educated do you need to be to do that job?

is so meaningless it pretty much proves that point.

😆 Let me explain.

Simply being a poorly educated racist misogynistic hypocrite with the attention span of a goldfish and an IQ which begins with a decimal point does not bar you from voting for the party which you feel you most identify with.

He is equating poorly educated person with being racist. Now this is a sweeping statement that anyone who is poorly educated is naturally racist. So if you finished school (completed your education) at 16 or perhaps less than that (I am just making assumption) and become a successful business man/woman you are a racist? Am I correct? Correct me if I am wrong with that sentence.

Fast forward to 2015 where most people will have a University education at some point so considered educated … problem I see. What if your parents have not been to University at all and by present day standard that is uneducated so does that mean they are all racists? Crikey. 😯

How does he define poorly educated? You might be educated but what if you do not agree does that make you poorly educated then?

As for being a hypocrite how does that equate with short attention span? I thought hypocrite is someone who is having fork tongue? Anyway, what if a person has a short attention span, disinterest etc, does that make the person a hypocrite?

IQ, how does he know the IQ of a goldfish? Has he tested the IQ of a goldfish or can you test the IQ of a goldfish? You tell me.

As for you saying that it is meaningless. If you intentionally choose not to understand, when you know exactly what it means, then some may consider that as a hypocritical action. But I give you the benefit of a doubt that you do not understand my “English”. So this case nobody knows except yourself. Hypocrite? You decide as I am not labeling you. Let others be the judge.

😀

DrJ

Let me explain.

Please, mummy, make it stop.

He isn’t equating anything. If he says that you are a, b and c, that doesn’t mean that all a people are b, etc. Draw yourself a Venn diagram to help work it out..

kimbers

Junkyard
    Free Member

If Chewk and JHJ ending up disagreeing on a thread who knows what will happen..

chewkw
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

Let me explain.

Please, mummy, make it stop.

He isn’t equating anything. If he says that you are a, b and c, that doesn’t mean that all a people are b, etc. Draw yourself a Venn diagram to help work it out.. [/quote]

I am afraid that is how I read it.

You lot are very good at twisting words just like my experience with larger ZM bureaucrats today.

Junkyard – lazarus

If Chewk and JHJ ending up disagreeing on a thread who knows what will happen..

Who is JHJ? FFS! Stop using abbreviation … 🙄

kimbers – Member

I don’t smoke weed if that helps.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Who is JHJ? FFS! Stop using abbreviation …

😀

Very good.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t smoke weed if that helps.

In your case it just might 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Ok folks I think I need to sum up my views on UKIP etc as this thread is slowly turning into something else.

It’s time to give you my 3rd world view on the current politic of UKIP so that’s that …

The way I see them is as follows: (very simple or too simplistic to many with PhDs … )

(Generally speaking … yes, yes, I know … but bear with me in being racist etc)

1. They do not like being controlled ZM Eurocrats.
    2. They do not like being part of a bureaucratic entity.
    3. They want to take charge of their own affairs rather than told by others.
    4. They want out etc …

Things then developed further as I can recall …

5. They started “shouting” against those bureaucratic entity …
    6. They started campaigning against them …
    7. They started to sell the ideas to the public regarding the potential danger of bureaucrats …
    4. They call for the people to support them …

What did they get? Nothing much apart from being called attention seeking so and so … they( UKIP) really did not know what else they could do to gather public support until …

Luck was slowly developing on their side … Then things moved on another level on the hot topic … ‘immigration’. The favourite topic for all as the recession hit.

As the media started shifting their attention to immigration and the public started to be wind up by the media, UKIP jumped on the bandwagon and were so happy that finally there was something that they could use to get the people’s attention. It’s like someone (the media) gave them a free cake to eat! Naturally, UKIP expanded and extended the “call” by the media to focus on immigration and the public “loved” it considering everyone has been hard up all these years … It comes natural to UKIP because of point 1 – 4. i.e. You get out of EU you control your boarder etc.

For the media … ya, they got their bogeyman. In fact they created the bogeyman and in return the media maintain their revenue stream and secure their own position in the public eyes. The nice guy.

However, things developed in a different twist and getting a bit out of hand as the immigration issue has now evolved into equating UKIP with racism because the main parties, realising that they missed the bandwagon of riding the public adulation of focusing on the issue of immigration, decided that the best course of action to put them (UKIP) in their place by portraying them as racist. The spin machines start … But this slightly backfired because the more they spin the more the so called “racists” come out from their wood work with increasing number. Now everyone that supports UKIP now is labeled as racist. The snowballing effect started …

The spin machines although successfully done their job by annihilating UKIP “people image” replacing them as a racist party, it will be interesting to see if the bogeyman will survive the election and become the real racist party as portrayed by others.

The creation of UKIP the bogeyman is now complete.

As for the main parties it should be interesting to see how they fend off the bogeyman.

My view – You lot are screwed! Screwed! 😆

grahamt1980

I actually hope UKIP get some MP’s as hopefully it will wake up the current lot to start listening to people and also will wake up all the people who find UKIP abhorrent racists yet can’t be arsed to vote.
    Maybe this will be a reawakening of an interest in politics in the uk.

Edit – To clarify this is for Chewkw
    However by ranting on about everyone being screwed you do not exactly paint yourself in a good light, but if you are happy with that then power to you.

Oh and btw you have two number 4’s in your list

chewkw
    Free Member

grahamt1980 – Member
    Edit – To clarify this is for Chewkw
    However by ranting on about everyone being screwed you do not exactly paint yourself in a good light, but if you are happy with that then power to you.

C’mon that should be light hearted. You just need to imagine the highly extroverted movie character shouting “You are screwed! Moowwwhhhhaaaa!” :mrgreen:

Oh and btw you have two number 4’s in your list

D’Oh! That should be 8 … now I cannot count. Damn! 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

4. They want out etc …

1) So they got elected to the EU parliament took the expenses but didn’t bother to get involved with the decision making.
    2) So being part of the UK isn’t a bureaucratic entity?
    3) Unless we all have our own state somebody is going to be telling you what to do
    4) Admirable they want something but the impact of doing that is huge.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why would a vote for UKIP shake any of the other parties up? If anything it will send UK politics deeper into the public contempt when people realise that the whole party is a sham designed to support one bloke’s ego.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

4. They want out etc …
    [/quote]

1) So they got elected to the EU parliament took the expenses but didn’t bother to get involved with the decision making.

I think it’s more like shouting from the corner but the majority just thought they were bunch of clowns to be honest. They were outnumbered.

2) So being part of the UK isn’t a bureaucratic entity?

It is … but by comparison to the ZM Eurocrats monster you are side dish.

3) Unless we all have our own state somebody is going to be telling you what to do

We cannot even make our own society a better place to live and yet we decided we should add to the complication by having the ZM Eurocrats? That is unbelievable. I know the whole EU thing started with good intention but as it evolved it has turn into a big monster.

4) Admirable they want something but the impact of doing that is huge.

There is no magic bullet and I don’t think they can change that much that soon. Perhaps see it this way as the beginning of British political change. Hopefully for good …

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

D’Oh! That should be 8 … now I cannot count. Damn!

You should vote UKIP. Have you seen their spending plan? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well, go for the guys with the track record of not playing because they don’t like it.
    The only way to change things is to be involved not to just complain (and take a massive pay packet)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why would a vote for UKIP shake any of the other parties up?

Have to agree he is a right wing privately educated millionaire broker leading a party funded by millionairres…..hardly a radical departure for British politics

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I am a minor bureaucrat here doing a job of minor bureaucrat like so many so how educated do you need to be to do that job?

Not very, obviously.

EDIT As a matter of interest, as you seem to like using the term zombie maggot to describe bureaucrats, are you referring to yourself as a zombie maggot, and from that can I infer that that’s what you think of UKIP voters?

buck53

the immigration issue has now evolved into equating UKIP with racism because the main parties, realising that they missed the bandwagon of riding the public adulation of focusing on the issue of immigration, decided that the best course of action to put them (UKIP) in their place by portraying them as racist.

… is completely incorrect. I know that doesn’t make it unique amongst everything said, but still.

They are ‘portrayed’ as being racist because their members have exhibited racist behaviour and used racist language and rhetoric. Farage can claim that the party isn’t racist but ultimately they must be judged by their actions, or lack thereof in addressing the racist core of their members and supporters.

chewkw
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

I am a minor bureaucrat here doing a job of minor bureaucrat like so many so how educated do you need to be to do that job?

Not very, obviously.

EDIT As a matter of interest, as you seem to like using the term zombie maggot to describe bureaucrats, are you referring to yourself as a zombie maggot, and from that can I infer that that’s what you think of UKIP voters? [/quote]

You Don’t need much education to do the job to be honest as they are all pre-programmed right down to the way you express yourself. You cannot say something beyond the parameter put it this way. I found out that when I questioned something the standard response would be “computer says no”. The persons (larger ZMs) then without listening to what I said read me the “riot act” … I mean they simply quote the rules. Which implied that I either I fit in or I get out. I want to get out but who are going to feed me that is the question?

Yes, I am fair person so yes I am a minor (low pay grade hence minor) Zombie Maggot since my work involves me saying “computer says no” to other unfortunate beings. 😮

As for other UKIP supporters I don’t know. I am happy to be labeled as ZM because of the job that I have and the way I see it impact on others yet I cannot do anything to ease their “pain”. I have larger ZM breathing down my neck and put me in my place. These are really nasty ZMs and you certainly do not want to deal with them if you want to maintain your health. Also where I work I think I am the only one so far that intend (or voted for local council recently) to vote UKIP.

If you intend to speak/challenge the ZMs my advice is to have all the “black and white” print out clearly (I try to avoid those paper works but usually end up the one facing the music) … then you argue about the definition of all terms which usually end up with ZMs interpreting them to their liking by employing power and authority. If you are up to it then be prepared for lengthy “argument” … The possibility of you winning can be very slim. 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

buck53 – Member

the immigration issue has now evolved into equating UKIP with racism because the main parties, realising that they missed the bandwagon of riding the public adulation of focusing on the issue of immigration, decided that the best course of action to put them (UKIP) in their place by portraying them as racist.

… is completely incorrect. I know that doesn’t make it unique amongst everything said, but still.

They are ‘portrayed’ as being racist because their members have exhibited racist behaviour and used racist language and rhetoric. Farage can claim that the party isn’t racist but ultimately they must be judged by their actions, or lack thereof in addressing the racist core of their members and supporters. [/quote]

There is no way you can control or be responsible for those who intend to vote for you. That is practically impossible. 😯

DrJ

members

Members, not supporters. If you don’t like a member you can kick him out. If you don’t, it suggests you agree with him.

chewkw
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

members

Members, not supporters. If you don’t like a member you can kick him out. If you don’t, it suggests you agree with him. [/quote]

I doubt they can really control them too. Yes, they can kick them out but nothing beyond that if they still behave as they are and still intend to support the party.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Yes, I am fair person so yes I am a minor (low pay grade hence minor) Zombie Maggot since my work involves me saying “computer says no” to other unfortunate beings

Thick person in crap job = ukip’s target demographic, let’s blame someone else for having such a shit existence.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 244 total)

The topic ‘Is voting for UKIP wrong?’ is closed to new replies.