Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Is this guy for real? (Cameron content)
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Why on earth does he think everyone in the UK should be cheering "Come on england"?

Finger on the pulse, NOT!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I like the idea, maybe police will follow and we can reclaim the George cross for good, instead of being accused of racial hatred and incitement for waving it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and when they are out he will no doubt fly the European Union flag and then support one of them ?…
    I have put it in words he will understand

I am looking at all the benches here and I am sure that everyone in this House, no matter what part of the United Kingdom they come from, will be cheering 'come on England Europe'

First Thatcher then this 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don't think this matters in the slightest, so I refuse to get het up about it.

To the (utterly non-existent) extent that it might matter, I'd have thought that taking the view that the British government was going to show semi-official support for the only one of the nations of the union still competing in any given event was hardly insane, racist or insensitive to the dead of Culloden. I suspect that (if asked) Cameron would cheerfully say that he'd like Andy Murray to win the Grand Prix as well. 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

why the hell not? England is part of the UK. Quite frankly find the scottish "I wont cheer for England" attitude a bit childish, I'd cheer for Scotland if they got in and England didn't, same with Wales – they're part of the UK. Small mindedness all this divisiveness, it's a fun sporting event and one of the countries in our union is in the battle – lets cheer them on.

j_me
    Free Member

Hes for real…….

And here's the proof

Thatcher Back in Downing Street

Junkyard
    Free Member

We know the opressors do not hate the oppressed and cant understand why we get "uppity" about this. Would the little englander Cameron really fly the saltire? I think not

chewkw
    Free Member

Why not? England is playing in World Cup is it not? Rather different from BNP waving the flag.

Cheer up.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Would the little englander Cameron really fly the saltire?

I honestly think he might actually. It's just a cheap stunt. Overall returns would be lower from the same stunt (i.e. flying the Saltire) if Scotland were playing, but there would still be some benefit to be had.

RepacK
    Free Member

And this is a problem why exactly?

nacho
    Free Member

Why are so many people so anal about the George Cross? I'm not a particularly big footie fan (although I will be supporting England) and certainly not right wing.
    It's our national flag and why is it wrong if people are happy to display it. When I lived in London (now in Devon) at the last world cup loads of different nationalities were displaying their flags on cards etc and I thought it looked great. Maybe more non right wing non football fans should fly it then it would lose it's current perception….

coffeeking
    Free Member

We know the opressors do not hate the oppressed and cant understand why we get "uppity" about this. Would the little englander Cameron really fly the saltire? I think not

Can't imagine why not. But we have our own parliament to do it don't we, so the point is moot? You're moaning about the UK parliament, based in England, with the majority of its powers over England, hoisting the England flag? WTF?

clubber
    Free Member

I'd say that DC would almost definitely have flown the saltire – No one in England would really have cared and it'd be a good bit of PR for all the hypersensitive Scots out there.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'm torn on this issue.

See it's be nice if England do well, fun times etc, but, and this is a BUT of Dawn French proportions… I don't want the positive effect on the nations moral to bolster support for the coalition.

coffeeking
    Free Member

as per clubber

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is this guy for real?

Probably.

molgrips
    Free Member

If it were the England football team flag, then it would be absolutely fine. But it's not, it's the England flag, and flying it at the centre of power of a country whose minority constituents already feel marginalised (and didn't vote for the occupant) is highly insensitive I feel. CmD may think it should be perfectly ok to do this but he MUST surely realise that a lot of other folk won't agree… Sensitive leader FAIL.

donsimon
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Why not? England is playing in World Cup is it not?

As the english prime minister I don't have a problem, but as the Brtish PM expecting Wales and Scotland to support england, I do.

I am, however, particularly grateful he has dipped into his own personal fortune to pay for this little publicity stunt rather than burden the British taxpayer.

RepacK – Member

And this is a problem why exactly?

See above! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It's going to bring the house prices right down in Downing Street.

Actually, I was surmising the other day while driving around….

Four years ago, there were a few England flags draped outside houses in my street. So far, there are none. Is that an indicator that my street is finally (about f***ing time) is "up and coming"? 😀

clubber
    Free Member

I can understand the other Home Countries not supporting England as such. However actively supporting the opposition consistently strikes me a pretty sad behaviour.

molgrips
    Free Member

That's how sporting rivalry goes, clubber. Seems odd to me that English fans often can't take it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm fervently supporting anyone who's playing France…even England if it comes about.

clubber
    Free Member

It's more can't understand it than can't take – I figure that English fans aren't really that fussed about it as such since typically they're doing better than Scotland/Wales/NI so it's not exactly a touchy subject.

I guess it'd be a bit like if someone walked up to you in the street and just started insulting you because you've got brown hair.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from your area. 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

If it were the England football team flag, then it would be absolutely fine. But it's not, it's the England flag, and flying it at the centre of power of a country whose minority constituents already feel marginalised (and didn't vote for the occupant) is highly insensitive I feel.

Jesus christ on a bike. I really can't go anywhere from this point, it strikes me as incredibly pathetic that anyone would care that much.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

we're in the world cup. get over it. just like we will when we're knocked out. I think it's great that the PM is clearly showing his support for the nation that elected him. Let's face it, Scotland and Wales didn't.

And if it's considered two fingers, deal with it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can just imagine in Wales at this very moment, no-one will be giving a crap.

RepacK
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

I shall be adorning my house with 2 flags on a very nice road and won't give a toss what anyone else thinks! Cmon england!

molgrips
    Free Member

Jesus christ on a bike. I really can't go anywhere from this point, it strikes me as incredibly pathetic that anyone would care that much.

How much do I care, ck? All I said is that it was a bit insensitive, which it is 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

How much do I care, ck? All I said is that it was a bit insensitive, which it is

To have put that much thought into the process to determine that it's insensitive is more than enough thought on the matter to me! 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

All I said is that it was a bit insensitive, which it is

maybe you could get counselling or something?

DenDennis
    Free Member

All I said is that it was a bit insensitive, which it is

and setting up your own national parliament isn't?

charming. 😆

uplink
    Free Member

Cheer up Jock – you can cheer England along now

myheadsashed

I guess it'd be a bit like if someone walked up to you in the street and just started insulting you because you've got brown hair.

You mean ginger surely 😳

trailmonkey

flying it at the centre of power of a country whose minority constituents already feel marginalised (and didn't vote for the occupant) is highly insensitive

Oh stop dripping FFS, seems like a large portion of those constituents would happily be marginalised on a permanent basis and will doubtless, to a man, prove their self marginalisation by supporting England's opponents in every game.

And as for all that nonsense about the oppressed and the oppressors, I doubt for one second that anyone really thinks that Westminster has any more regard for its English subjects than it does the Scottish or the Welsh, but if they do, then I suggest that they spend some time reading up on the Peterloo massacre or the Tolpuddle martyrs or the 80's miners strike.

Then again I'd hate for reality to get in the way of any thinly veiled Anglo bashing.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I'm supporting Germany, I'll win £37 in the office sweepstake if they win! Got a little German flag on my desk and everything.

CountZero

I could hear this persistent, irritating whining, buzzing, noise, and I thought a gnat or a mosquito had started flying around until I realised it was molgrips. You're well balanced, though, you've got a chip on both shoulders. 😈

donsimon
    Free Member

And the two posts from Repack sum it up nicely, Because you can't understand how the other nations feel, clearly there is no point trying, and you might aswell just mock and belittle those who have an opinion which is different from yours.

I support Britain when there is a team Britain, but I will never support england so please don't ask me to.

If it is so unimportant to you, why are you posting??

enfht
    Free Member

Would the little englander Cameron really fly the saltire?

What's France got to do with it? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Is this guy for real? (Cameron content)’ is closed to new replies.