Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • iPad question. Air (2020) today or hang on for potential new mini in a month?
  • chowsh
    Free Member

Went to the Swindon store today rather than back to Oxford and even though I had the cable with me this time they didn’t ask for it and it wasn’t a requirement on the system. Maybe Oxford have a little sideline going on selling cables. £150 trade in for an iPad 2 not bad when the price would be £4 against anything else.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Just taken our old skanky ipad2 in, they did want the cable but luckily I had it with me. £150 off plus the £50 already discounted was a great deal.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Just got 2 iPad Air 64Gb for £339 each, Amazon just dropped their price to £489 so asked them to price match, which they did without question. Not bad considering one of the iPad’s I traded in was an iPad 2!

Thanks OP! 😁

ElShalimo

How do you do a price match on Amazon?

MrPottatoHead

We’ll I’m having no joy with this one. Went in yesterday and although I did a factory reset on iPad it was still showing as linked to my iCloud account so couldn’t do trade in. After much fannying about in store still couldn’t get their system to recognise it’s not linked anymore. Left overnight and went back today but still no joy 😤. Maybe try again next week.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just picked one up earlier today.

What cases have people been using for their iPads? The guy in Currys recommended the Logitech case/keyboard type as he said it’s as good, if not better than the Apple one.

Any other recommendations?

somafunk

I use a jtech case, cheap and does the job
    Jtech case

bassmandan

@MrPottatoHead maybe try a different store? Mine was simply checked for physical damage and that it turned on to the factory reset ‘hello’ screen, nothing further.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

I just asked the guy that served me to price match Amazon, as I’d seen it drop in price that morning.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Can anyone show me a guide for transferring data (or I guess iCloud account) to a new iPad where the old one is being traded in and wiped please – I have to do this for a relative and having no experience with Apple I’m struggling a bit. Thanks for the PSA.

ElShalimo

My wife has decided to wait until the new Mini gen 6 is released as she prefers the smaller size.

Anyone got an idea when that is?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ignore my question 1 post above, figured it out. Staff in store seem a wee bit perplexed by the trade-in deal, at one point I seemed to be offered £209 for a very old but tidy device.

dove1

Thanks for the PSA, @midlifecrashes.
    Took our old, unused iPad2 in to Currys and got the £150 trade-in without any problems. Then bought Currys vouchers through my employee discount scheme with 7% off and was able to use them for purchasing a new iPad Air for a grand total of £325. 🙂

RustyNissanPrairie

Cheers OP took our old unusable Ipad (dunno which model), none in stock – the staff said they’d had loads of trade ins. Collect in a few days👍

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Cheers, OP. Painless trade-in process. No stock at store but have used the voucher code to order an Air 64gb online for home delivery.

The ipad2 we chopped in was used exclusively for Netflix for the kids as it was the utterly useless for anything else. New one should be a bit more versatile. I wonder if it will also last 11 years??

tonyf1
    Free Member

Another thanks here. £150 trade in on an iPad that Apple offered £0 trade due to a screen whiteness defect.

ElShalimo

It appears that the new 6th gen mini is on sale from tomorrow

Starting at £479 for the WiFi 64GB version

midlifecrashes

I’m going to take a look at the mini over the next few days. I’ve used the Air quite a bit over the past few weeks, but also put my android 8″ tablet in my bag for using on the go in place of the ipad. The ipad has pretty much replaced me using the laptop around the house, it’s barely been turned on, though it hasn’t affected me using the desktop with nice monitor. I still want a 3.5mm headphone jack though.

Next question incoming: Where to sell a three week old ipad Air, and for how much?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘iPad question. Air (2020) today or hang on for potential new mini in a month?’ is closed to new replies.